Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > Mobile Phone Buying Advice
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-01-14   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
does this count as annoying?

Nexus 5/ Htc One/ Should Wait for Something Even Better???

Hi guys, sorry if this is wrong section please feel free to move it to appropriate thread.

So i decided to buy a high end smartphone, i need your suggestions.

I have a budget of 30-35k... I am confused whether to buy nexus 5. Or htc one or should i wait for 1-2 months for some new launch??

PS: i am more inclined towards htc one due to its design and body but considering it has older hardware i am confued between htc one and nexus.

If u suggest me to wait please consider that i can wait only for 2 months max.

Thanx alot in advance :-)
bharat14101991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-14   #2
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable
Re: Nexus 5/ Htc One/ Should Wait for Something Even Better???

Nexus 5 or wait for HTC M8(aka One+?) and see if that suits your needs. But afaik it will have sd800 too but will just be expensive compared to n5 so your best bet would be n5.
Sobirvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-14   #3
teh priesT!
[E]onian

bharat14101991 is very Honorablebharat14101991 is very Honorable

Expected launch price of htc m8??? I really cant spend anymore than 35k.

I just dont like the design of n5. And a brother if mine who lives in usa bought n5 and suggested me against it and our choices match very much.

I also came up with another option, to buy ipod 5th gen( looks very very cool) for 15-20k and buy a smart from the money left, please suggest me android smartphone within the range of 15k+/- 2k. No shamesung please
Old 27-01-14   #4
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Originally Posted by bharat14101991 View Post
Expected launch price of htc m8??? I really cant spend anymore than 35k.

I just dont like the design of n5. And a brother if mine who lives in usa bought n5 and suggested me against it and our choices match very much.

I also came up with another option, to buy ipod 5th gen( looks very very cool) for 15-20k and buy a smart from the money left, please suggest me android smartphone within the range of 15k+/- 2k. No shamesung please
If you can't spend more than 35k then how come you were going for HTC ONE as it's for around 48k in India with discounts. As HTC only sells dual SIM version in India. Single SIM will probably be 2nd hand or without warranty. Expected released for M8 is at MWC which will start from 24th to 27th Feb. And Indian release will ofcourse talk time, I'm guessing probably in April.

I have Nexus 5 and I just simply love the phone including it's design. And with dbrand skins , it just get's more sexy!

in 15k, wait till feb 5. Moto G is launching in India. I know Motorola doesn't have service centre's here but may be they manages to get a deal with other OEM's to include Motorola repairs too. May be Online retailers like FK will give it's warranty too. Twitter account of Motorola Mobility has announced details for India's release of Moto G will be announced on 5th Feb. It will be the best deal. I myself m going for Moto G for my Dad, as he only do call and he hates windows OS(using 710 Lumia from past 2 years and it has no app support at all!).

I would never recommend anyone to Shamesung even in 40k~ price. There are better phones out there. One simply doesn't have to go for Samsung unless he is looking for battery life which is best on Note 3.
Old 27-01-14   #5
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

rdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by Sobirvs View Post
If you can't spend more than 35k then how come you were going for HTC ONE as it's for around 48k in India with discounts. As HTC only sells dual SIM version in India. Single SIM will probably be 2nd hand or without warranty. Expected released for M8 is at MWC which will start from 24th to 27th Feb. And Indian release will ofcourse talk time, I'm guessing probably in April.

I have Nexus 5 and I just simply love the phone including it's design. And with dbrand skins , it just get's more sexy!

in 15k, wait till feb 5. Moto G is launching in India. I know Motorola doesn't have service centre's here but may be they manages to get a deal with other OEM's to include Motorola repairs too. May be Online retailers like FK will give it's warranty too. Twitter account of Motorola Mobility has announced details for India's release of Moto G will be announced on 5th Feb. It will be the best deal. I myself m going for Moto G for my Dad, as he only do call and he hates windows OS(using 710 Lumia from past 2 years and it has no app support at all!).

I would never recommend anyone to Shamesung even in 40k~ price. There are better phones out there. One simply doesn't have to go for Samsung unless he is looking for battery life which is best on Note 3.
The Dual SIM version is now available for 39-40k.
At your price point your best bet is to buy a LG G2. It is one of the best at that price point. If you want to buy a Red HTC One imported from US I will give you a good deal.

rdst_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-14   #6
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
At your price point your best bet is to buy a LG G2. It is one of the best at that price point. If you want to buy a Red HTC One imported from US I will give you a good deal.

I would have told him to go for LG G2 aswell but he only was looking for options b/w either Nexus 5 or HTC One. Also, he doesn't like the design of Nexus 5, I hardly think he likes the design of G2 as it's much more ugly. Red HTC One is so cool but 2 things: no warranty and Older specs as OP has already pointed out for HTC One.
Old 27-01-14   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

divyesh is Mysterious

HTC One is better. it can still run games smoothly. 600 vs 800 SD not a noticeable difference in games.Even on my Galaxy Nexus games run nicely.
divyesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-14   #8
Banned
Master Gamer

bssunil is Notable

Nexus 5 is best.
bssunil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-14   #9
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

divyesh is Mysterious

Some goods deals
HTC ONE New in Box Unlocked to use with any GSM 1.7Ghz, Ultra Pixel Camera | eBay

HTC ONE (Silver/Black) | eBay

HTC ONE New in Box AT&T Unlocked to use with any GSM 1.7Ghz, Ultra Pixel Camera | eBay
bssunil likes this.
Old 27-01-14   #10
teh priesT!
[E]onian

I am fine with used unit or out of warranty products, do i will get htc one in my budget easily

Cant wait till april, even if i did at launch it will be too expensive.

Moto g... Will look for that... I can do ine thing, buy ipod and moto g for now, abd upgrade to one+ when i save enough money and prices come down.

Thanx fr suggestion buddy

And yes app support in WP sucks bigtime

I would have told him to go for LG G2 aswell but he only was looking for options b/w either Nexus 5 or HTC One. Also, he doesn't like the design of Nexus 5, I hardly think he likes the design of G2 as it's much more ugly. Red HTC One is so cool but 2 things: no warranty and Older specs as OP has already pointed out for HTC One.
Never seen g2 in person... Looks ugly in images though. Will have a look at it.

Originally Posted by divyesh View Post
HTC One is better. it can still run games smoothly. 600 vs 800 SD not a noticeable difference in games.Even on my Galaxy Nexus games run nicely.
It can for now, but will it be compete n5 and ithers in future, thats the question for me.
Originally Posted by bssunil View Post
Nexus 5 is best.
Thanx for the link buddy
Old 27-01-14   #11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Never seen g2 in person... Looks ugly in images though. Will have a look at it.

It can for now, but will it be compete n5 and others in future, thats the question for me.
I saw so many reviews of LG G2 ( MKBHD's, PA, GSMArena) and it looked such a fantastic device. Saw so many pics, but never in person until last week when I was in Chandigarh, went to a retailer and he had one for display. OMG, so ugly(just saying I didn't like it, not that others won't.). UI didn't give any lag , but it felt like UI have so many unnecessary stuff.

Nexus 4, HTC One afaik will be able to play any games flawlessly for atleast couple of years.(correct me if m wrong though).
Old 27-01-14   #12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

rdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputable

If you put a nice metal case or a dbrand kinda skin on it, most of the looks related issues get sorted. Performance wise it is the phone to beat at the moment.
OP, you can also look at Sony Z1. And like I said, I can hook you up with a brand new Red HTC One for 30k.

rdst_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-14   #13
teh priesT!
[E]onian

sorry for late reply, missed the notification...

I saw so many reviews of LG G2 ( MKBHD's, PA, GSMArena) and it looked such a fantastic device. Saw so many pics, but never in person until last week when I was in Chandigarh, went to a retailer and he had one for display. OMG, so ugly(just saying I didn't like it, not that others won't.). UI didn't give any lag , but it felt like UI have so many unnecessary stuff.

Nexus 4, HTC One afaik will be able to play any games flawlessly for atleast couple of years.(correct me if m wrong though).
unnecessary stuff on ui can be removed when rooted right? sorry will be first time android user...
i think i should go for htc one then if it wont give me problem for 1-2 years....

If you put a nice metal case or a dbrand kinda skin on it, most of the looks related issues get sorted. Performance wise it is the phone to beat at the moment.
OP, you can also look at Sony Z1. And like I said, I can hook you up with a brand new Red HTC One for 30k.
i dont like putting phones in cases personally, cause i am a very careful person so very less chance of dropping the phone plus they increase the overall size and sometimes are weird to fit in pocket, totally my personal opinion though.

and about the phone i will surely PM you when i finalize, thanx for offer.
Old 29-01-14   #14
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

divyesh is Mysterious

i dont like putting phones in cases personally, cause i am a very careful person so very less chance of dropping the phone plus they increase the overall size and sometimes are weird to fit in pocket, totally my personal opinion though.
Even if its your personal choice.. Case is a MUST for phone even you are careful. Plus nowadays you can get a variety of cases.
Old 29-01-14   #15
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by divyesh View Post
Even if its your personal choice.. Case is a MUST for phone even you are careful. Plus nowadays you can get a variety of cases.
haha.. okay buddy.
Post New Thread  Reply