Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Android Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 11-09-13   #16
Neo[t]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
SteelSeries SenSei <3

Re: Nexus 4 Red Light of Death

There is nothing to be embarrassed about !

I use a Philips e122 as my second phone !

Cost me 750 from snapdeal !
The Outsider and aman360elite like this.
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13   #17
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Limbo :) Just Perfect :D

gaurav3282 is Notable

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
There is nothing to be embarrassed about !

I use a Philips e122 as my second phone !

Cost me 750 from snapdeal !
Yes I know but still it feels like kya yaar
Bw I really dont understand the myth behind the problem of this red light as on XDA people are charging the battery themselves and many have revived the phone like that but the LG guy told me its a motherboard problem and not battery problem.That is why it would take time to get one and replace...

| Intel i5 2400 @ 3.1Ghz (Turbo 3.3Ghz) | | Deepcool Gamma Archer | | Msi P67A-GD 65 (b3) | | G.Skill Ripjaws 8Gb 1333Mhz |
| 500 Gb Seagate+160 Gb Western Digital+1 TB WD Blue @ 7200RPM | | MSI GTX 660 2 Gb OC Edition | | CM GX 450 PSU|
| NZXT GAMMA | | Razer DA+Razer Goliathus Alpha | |Creative SBS 2.1|
gaurav3282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13   #18
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Had the same thing happening to me after water damage.. Had to get pcb replaced.. Will cost you 11k.

Sent Via Tapatalk 2 from my HTC DROID DNA
daym, your post sure will give someone a heart attack

btw Samsung guru ftmfw. I have N4 with samsung guru for my roaming SIM. Even when the battery icon is red and blinks continuously asking for charging of battery, I don't charge it for another 2 days. Best phone ever. Easily gives me around 7 days battery life.
Sobirvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-13   #19
teh nuB!
[E]onian

gaurav3282 is Notable

Originally Posted by Sobirvs View Post
daym, your post sure will give someone a heart attack

btw Samsung guru ftmfw. I have N4 with samsung guru for my roaming SIM. Even when the battery icon is red and blinks continuously asking for charging of battery, I don't charge it for another 2 days. Best phone ever. Easily gives me around 7 days battery life.
According to the LG CC in chandigarh it takes 8.5K to replace the entire mobo.... Bw samsung guru is great never runs out of battery hehe "lambi race ka ghoda"
Old 12-09-13   #20
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

Originally Posted by gaurav3282 View Post
According to the LG CC in chandigarh it takes 8.5K to replace the entire mobo.... Bw samsung guru is great never runs out of battery hehe "lambi race ka ghoda"
Well i was shown entire catalogue/ pricing for parts...service charge was 350 and inclusive tax 10998
Old 12-09-13   #21
teh nuB!
[E]onian

gaurav3282 is Notable

Well i was shown entire catalogue/ pricing for parts...service charge was 350 and inclusive tax 10998
Dunno yaar but he said that this would take this much (8.5K total)... I hardly cared about coz it was free for me and moreover it is already a pain in the ass for 10-15 days without a smartphone
Old 12-09-13   #22
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

I have receipt ! I actually paid that much

Good luck to you !
Old 12-09-13   #23
teh nuB!
[E]onian

gaurav3282 is Notable

I have receipt ! I actually paid that much

Good luck to you !
Oh yeah...in fact bad luck who would have thought new phone to behave in such a way...
Old 05-10-13   #24
teh nuB!
Dungeon Hunter!!

creativerbl is Mysterious

What was the the result? Did you get the replacement?
I hope I do not suffer the same fate with my N4
creativerbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-13   #25
teh nuB!
[E]onian

gaurav3282 is Notable

Originally Posted by creativerbl View Post
What was the the result? Did you get the replacement?
I hope I do not suffer the same fate with my N4
yes got it got the mobo changed free of cost with new IMEI but the guy did not give me any RMA slip even the phone was damaged (area around the volume keys) but he said would replace the full cover if needed... I also asked him to email me the RMA slip ASAP.
HKS likes this.
Old 09-10-13   #26
HKS
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

HKS is Mysterious

Good that you got your phone back.......and do get the cover replaced...
HKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13   #27
teh nuB!
[E]onian

gaurav3282 is Notable

got the cover replaced too now its jet black and I am happy again with my phone
lastAvenger and HKS like this.
Old 18-10-13   #28
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

rakeshmarar is Mysterious

Hope the Service centre guys gave you a new spare basic LG phone in the meanwhile. LG service has this 1 hour guarantee repair or else they give you a standby phone. I gave my L9 for getting PCB replaced and they gave me a standby phone after I specifically asked for it ! I didnt need it but in case they screw up my L9 I wont give them this phone back :-P
rakeshmarar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-13   #29
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

Originally Posted by rakeshmarar View Post
Hope the Service centre guys gave you a new spare basic LG phone in the meanwhile. LG service has this 1 hour guarantee repair or else they give you a standby phone. I gave my L9 for getting PCB replaced and they gave me a standby phone after I specifically asked for it ! I didnt need it but in case they screw up my L9 I wont give them this phone back :-P
He already got the phone back.
Old 18-10-13   #30
teh nuB!
[E]onian

gaurav3282 is Notable

Originally Posted by rakeshmarar View Post
Well this is not HTC my friend this is LG they repaired the phone that was ENOUGH (took 11 days not even 11 hours ) and moreover damaged the back panel in the process which I got replaced by them free of cost.But still they did not give me any secondary phone for your information.I feel Indian service centers (specially mobile repair) ones are pathetic and special rules and norms should be followed for the benefit of their customers.I have used every phone from sony ericsson,nokia,samsung,lg etc but all CC were pathetic.Worst were nokia and sony... Nokia took 2 months to repair and that too after I told them that I would go to consumer forum now if you dont repair my phone which was in warranty... and sony people said that this phone is dead now we can not repair it sorry.The same was repaired by a local shop guy!
Well this can be the story only with me but I have seen people fighting @ CC centers.The most important thing which I learned was always take crystal clear pics of your device with dates before submitting your device to the care guys and tell them to have a look at it and tell them in advance that you will not bare any kind of damages with the phone during service no matter what happens.
Post New Thread  Reply