Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 06-06-14   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
power cut sux

Newegg to launch in india

Newegg, a popular online electronics retailer, has announced at the Computex 2014 event that they will soon be expanding to six new markets in addition to the four markets that they are currently operating in. The new six market that the company plans to enter includes – India, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland and Singapore and the four countries where the company already operates are US, Canada, UK and Australia.

Newegg is an online retailer of a variety of electronic goods, but they specialize in computer parts like processors, graphics cards and likewise. You can also get Laptops from their online stores when they enter the Indian market in addition to other electronic goods. Seeing the huge success of online sales of smartphones, the company would be tempted to invest in the smartphone category as well.
Earlier, the company had tried to venture into the Asian market by setting up the service in Malaysia. The service was handled through a third party and the company had to shut down their operations in Malaysia because of poor response.
The company has a new plan for the six countries as it will initially ship the orders from USA and then set up local presence.
Source

Last edited by The Knight; 07-06-14 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Post edited with details :)
chetansha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

MadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly ReputableMadDog is highly Reputable
Re: Newegg to launch in india

oh thats is a good news to end the day,,,thanks..
Old 06-06-14   #3
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

Wao news for me and i once wrote a mail to these guys back in 2006 to consider India as a potential market. They did reply to it mentioning the reason why they could not get it done .
Old 07-06-14   #4
teh nuB!
Don't stare at the nipple hair

toadfrog09 is very Notable

What reason did they give you back then?
toadfrog09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14   #5
teh zeuS!

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

Same old Diplomatic statement .
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14   #6
teh geeK!

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

I hope they dont follow Amazon type business model which looks like a strong possibility.
kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian
power cut sux

chetansha is very Notable

Originally Posted by kartikoli View Post
I hope they dont follow Amazon type business model which looks like a strong possibility.
Nope. Even amazon will change its business model - bcos

Notably, Indian government is reportedly likely to announce FDI (foreign direct investment) in e-commerce sector as early as next month. The move will help global online retailers like Newegg to come and setup directly on a big scale.

Old 07-06-14   #8
teh geeK!

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by chetansha View Post
Nope. Even amazon will change its business model - bcos

Notably, Indian government is reportedly likely to announce FDI (foreign direct investment) in e-commerce sector as early as next month. The move will help global online retailers like Newegg to come and setup directly on a big scale.

Its good for us but in long run we are giving our money directly to foreign countries where as we have nothing to export (thats a sad story). I just hope we have some announcement along with it to boost our own production.

Indian talent is all over the world but we just can utilize in our own country.
Techie#1 likes this.
Old 07-06-14   #9
teh priesT!
[E]onian
power cut sux

chetansha is very Notable

Originally Posted by kartikoli View Post
Its good for us but in long run we are giving our money directly to foreign countries where as we have nothing to export (thats a sad story). I just hope we have some announcement along with it to boost our own production.

Indian talent is all over the world but we just can utilize in our own country.
How different is it now? All the IT parts are imported anyway. No it part is manufactured in india, maybe only gigabyte . every thing else is 100% imported

Old 07-06-14   #10
teh geeK!

Agree but I would like to see any plan to lure companies to setup in India along with direct FDI.

That's said but its good for us to have giants like amazon, newegg operate to its potential and show these Indian sites how much customer satisfaction matter

Old 07-06-14   #11
teh zeuS!

FDI will be good as we will see APPLE and other major companies opening their own retail stores thus bringing the cost down by 5-10% .
Old 07-06-14   #12
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Bring it ON !!!

Rig Gallery

saifbukhari is very Honorablesaifbukhari is very Honorable

Good stuff newegg - looking forward

Old 07-06-14   #13
teh zeuS!

Bestbuy and Wallmart are left now.
Old 07-06-14   #14
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

More competition coming now
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-14   #15
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

redhotiron2004 is Notable

Any tentative dates for launch. I intend to buy some computer components. Should I wait?

redhotiron2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply