Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 04-02-09   #1
Let me be honest !
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

New Nigerian Scam going on Airtel mobiles through SMS

"Unsolicited fraudulent SMS's are being sent to various subscribers informing them that they have won a prize and need to call an international number to collect their prize. When calls are made to the number in the text message the subscribers are billed a high amount (upto Rs 500 per minute).Subscribers are cautioned not to respond to such SMS's"

Source : ::Airtel::Mobile Services Home Phone Broadband Data Cards Internet Wireless Internet Voice Office (read the disclaimer at the bottom)

Guys watch out ... use your brains

"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." - Thomas A Edison
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
Diabolical like Biz Markie

Cyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply GreatCyn1c is simply Great
Re: New Nigerian Scam going on Airtel mobiles through SMS

haha..tell me about it..I've had e-mails in my inbox supposedly from Nigeria that I have to deposit a few thousand dollars to get my cash prize worth 940329480238409238049238 dollars or something..so they've finally resorted to SmS now!

Cyn1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09   #3
Unelected
Staff
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Yhea..those Nigerians are really talented scammers...and the joke is that people still fall for them.
Old 04-02-09   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Living life king size

Jinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly AdmirableJinu is highly Admirable

This is not restricted to airtel.. i got this on my vodafone also. had a laugh when i read it and then deleted it.
RAM
- 3 X 2GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) ; Cabinet - CM ATCS 840
GFX -
EVGA Geforce GTX 260 Core 216 ; Monitor - DELL 2209WA
PSU -
Corsair HX620W ; CD Drive - SONY DVD RW DRU-820A
KBD -
SteelSeries 7G ; Mouse - Unknown Optical Mouse / Titan Gaming Mat
SPK -
Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 ; OS - MS Win 7 Utimate x64 SP1
Jinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09   #5
Lead Lead
Staff

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Originally Posted by MaxAxe View Post
"Unsolicited fraudulent SMS's are being sent to various subscribers informing them that they have won a prize and need to call an international number to collect their prize. When calls are made to the number in the text message the subscribers are billed a high amount (upto Rs 500 per minute).Subscribers are cautioned not to respond to such SMS's"

Source : ::Airtel::Mobile Services Home Phone Broadband Data Cards Internet Wireless Internet Voice Office (read the disclaimer at the bottom)

Guys watch out ... use your brains
How would it possibly cost to pay Rs 500 per minute to any phone number in the world?

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09   #6
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I don't wanna set any status..

Rig Gallery

vasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Great

Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
How would it possibly cost to pay Rs 500 per minute to any phone number in the world?
LOL so you want us to learn something from them ?

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Yhea..those Nigerians are really talented scammers...and the joke is that people still fall for them.
Thats what. I don;t lay credibility in this thing.
Intel Core i5 3550s | Asus P8B75-V | GSkill 8GB DDR3 CL7 1333MHz | MSI 660Ti Power Edition | Wetern Digital Green 2TB | Intel 330 128GB SSD | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | Corsair TX650V2 | CM Gladiator 600 | Logitech G500 | Steelseries QcK Mass | Logitech Z506 | Samsung 40EH5000 LED TV
vasishta.sushant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09   #7
Let me be honest !
Banned

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

Its a paid line ... like those dubai hotlines !! ... friendship lines... the late night caller lines that cost $2.5 a minute
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09   #8
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Go to the Vodafone site.

There are some 2 countries which only have Satellite calling.
Rs.500 per minute!
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09   #9
The [E]ippie.
Community Coordinator
Procastinat0r

Rig Gallery

akS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly FamedakS ! is highly Famed

I have had people bring print outs from the Nigerian dudes asking me if they should go for it. Gone are the days when I used to be surprised when people asked such questions. Even though people are aware 'now', you still cannot challenge or question the desperation of Indians.

One e-mail with the "$" sign is like Laxmi standing at doorstep. Not everyone is Tech Savvy in India

akS !™
EVGA GeForce GTX670 x 2 || Kingwin Lazer Platinum Series 750W || G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) Ripjaws X || Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus PP || Corsair Carbide Series 400R || MSI Z77A-GD65 || Intel I5 2500k @ 4.8GHz
akS ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09   #10
Semper foo
Ignorance is Bliss

SignOps is extremely Renowned
SignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely Renowned

If something is too good to be true - it probably is.

SignOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09   #11
teh geeK!
[E]onian

rajeevv67 is highly Admirablerajeevv67 is highly Admirablerajeevv67 is highly Admirablerajeevv67 is highly Admirablerajeevv67 is highly Admirablerajeevv67 is highly Admirablerajeevv67 is highly Admirable

OMG.....thz for the info!!...
Old 04-02-09   #12
Lead Lead
Staff

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Originally Posted by akS ! View Post
I have had people bring print outs from the Nigerian dudes asking me if they should go for it. Gone are the days when I used to be surprised when people asked such questions. Even though people are aware 'now', you still cannot challenge or question the desperation of Indians.

One e-mail with the "$" sign is like Laxmi standing at doorstep. Not everyone is Tech Savvy in India

akS !
Oh lol that reminds me.... number of times I have laughed at people's faces when they came and asked 'Dude, this is for real man... he has given me his bank account and everything!'

LOL

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09   #13
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

Aragorn is extremely Renowned
Aragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely RenownedAragorn is extremely Renowned

but how does that 500 per minute go in their account ??? I mean what kind of hacking/programming are they into ... must be really good coders ...
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply