Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Tablet Computers
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-03-12   #31
Jeebus
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
forgiving your sins

Re: New iPad Announced

Originally Posted by manu1991 View Post
I may be wrong but I think steve jobs had mentioned that it would depend on the distance at which you hold the device from your eyes and their estimation for a phone was lower than a tablet(makes sense) so the retina threshold for a tablet would be low. Wouldn't you agree?
Yes considering the distance theory, i am guessing you are trying to say that the tablet will be used at a further distance away from the eyes ? even if that's the case do you think it will used at a distance greater than 1 feet? i am typing this in my mac book pro which is less than a feet away from my eyes,this is in the case of a laptop but a tablet which is primarily held in hand and used like a touch screen mobile device cannot be used at a really far away distance, so that longer distance don't make sense to me.

During his keynote speech, Jobs said the iPhone 4′s display had a pixel density of 326 pixels per inch. He claimed that this resolution exceeds the limit of the human retina, which Jobs said was 300 pixels per inch for a display about a foot away.

Soneira, who possesses a Ph.D. in theoretical physics from Princeton and has been studying displays for 20 years, said it was inaccurate to measure the resolution of the eye in terms of pixels, because the eye actually has an angular resolution of 50 cycles per degree. Therefore, if we were to compare the resolution limit of the eye with pixels on a screen, we must convert angular resolution to linear resolution. After conversions are made, a more accurate “retina display” would have a pixel resolution of 477 pixels per inch at 12 inches, Soneira calculated.
source : iPhone 4's 'Retina' Display Claims Are False Marketing | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12   #32
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Originally Posted by aman360elite View Post
Here it comes
Quad Core Processer
Retina Display
$499 for 16GB
32GB is $599 and 64GB for $699
available on March 16th.
2048X1536
Read the specs again.

Quad core graphics != quad core processor

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on MIUI 2.2.3
syedthedevil likes this.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12   #33
teh zeuS!
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

Well,the new ipad or rather it should have been ipad 3 is a downer for me. I own an ipad 2 and there are just 3 things in it for me .

1. Quad Core GPU
2. 5 MP camera
3. Retina display with higher resolution .

Now the things missing are : Quad Core CPU . GPU is a quad core but i guess that its two cores would be used to power up the inflated display resolution,so its back to the same two cores for apps . What good is a camera without a flash or an LED. Face-time camera still remains VGA.
Amount of space is still limited to 64gb.This would be a worthy upgrade from the first ipad or people who want to purchase their first ipad.With Steve Jobs gone,i guess the innovation ends in APPLE Inc.
Old 08-03-12   #34
avi
teh priesT!
[E]onian
The [E] Boy :P

avi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirable

Actually it is worthy upgrade for people with iPad 1. Just like iPhone 4S is a worthy upgrade from 3GS & not iPhone 4.
Old 08-03-12   #35
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned
Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
It is not Raja who is saying this or setting the benchmarks. He is pointing out that Apple is changing their own goalposts and benchmarks. It is something like the government declaring that a Kilogram consists of 800 grams and not 1000 grams anymore.

Apple does not believe in "product lines" or purpose specific innovations btw. Their product compete with each other and the functions are duplicated and overlapped in different products. The iPad for instance duplicates several functions in the mac computers and iphone.
Retina n Super Sleek body are all marketing gimmicks and not technical specifications/standards ..
So Apple or any other brand is free to use what interpretation it sees fit... They may even call it Retina Lite

Let's not equate ppi to an IUPAC standard..

Despite having common features and capabilities..
The IPad is differentiated by its form factor and as computing technology progresses, it's the form factor which is deciding a products acceptance..

(scribble scribble)

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12   #36
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

So giddy.

I can hardly wait to get my hands on it.

I've waited for this day since the iPad 2 came out. (Considering that I kept the original iPad instead of buying the 2)
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12   #37
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

yes. if you have the ipad, this new edition would make most sense.
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12   #38
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned
Originally Posted by baba doga View Post
yes. if you have the ipad, this new edition would make most sense.
Please elaborate..

(scribble scribble)
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12   #39
teh spamm[E]R!
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

thebanik is extemely Distinguished
thebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguishedthebanik is extemely Distinguished

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
So giddy.

I can hardly wait to get my hands on it.

I've waited for this day since the iPad 2 came out. (Considering that I kept the original iPad instead of buying the 2)
Nice, it will be good to read your thoughts on the new launch, . Long time no see, what have you been upto lately???
Maximus V Gene (MSI Z77-GD65, Gigabyte P67A-UD7, EVGA Classified E760,MSI Eclipse,DFI DK P45 Plus, Foxconn Mars, Asus P5Ne-SLI, Asus P5B Deluxe/Wifi AP), Intel 3770k Benched @ 6.7Ghz, Intel 2600K Benched @ 5.7 Ghz, AMD 8150 Benched @ 7.45 Ghz, Intel 980X Benched @ 6.07Ghz, AMD 970BE Benched @ 6.63Ghz, (Intel i5 680 Benched @ 6.44Ghz, Intel i7 950 Benched @ 5150Mhz, Intel E8600 Benched @ 5.71Ghz, Intel QX9650 Benched @5.41Ghz, Intel Core2 Duo E8400@4.6Ghz, e4300 @ 3.52 Ghz), Thermalright Venomous X, GSkill 6400 2 x 1 GB @ 1260Mhz , HIS 7970 (MSI GTX 580, MSI GTX 480, EVGA GTX295, Asus 4870 x2, EVGA 9800GX2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT, Nvidia 7900GTX, XFX 8600GT), DELL E248WFP Monitor, CoolerMaster Benchtable, Antec HCP 1200W, Altec Lansing 641 400 RMS Watts with Auzentech X-Plosion

SVGTECH HOC40 and HOC20 Review

Corsair Vengeance K90, M90 and M60 Review

Gigabyte P67 UD7 + Intel i7 2600k Preview

Strontium Ultra Speed 128GB SSD Review

Gigabyte GX-X58A-UD9 Review
thebanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12   #40
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Originally Posted by dexterboygenius View Post
Please elaborate..

(scribble scribble)
If you have the original iPad, the iPad 3rd Gen, is a no-brainer.

iPad 2 users have to consider if they really need it.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
Nice, it will be good to read your thoughts on the new launch, . Long time no see, what have you been upto lately???
Busy with studies and work. Not much time for anything other than Twitter.
Old 09-03-12   #41
avi
teh priesT!
[E]onian

avi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirableavi is highly Admirable

Phil Schiller, Apple's Senior Vice President of World-Wide Marketing, reveals why Apple's new tablet is called 'the new iPad'.

Schiller tells the WSJ that Apple broke from its naming convention simply "because we don't want to be predictable."

Brand experts and critics are already questioning this decision but in all likelihood Apple will sell a massive amount of 'the new iPad' and those who want to distinguish it from the iPad 2 will likely call it the iPad 3.
avi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12   #42
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Interesting read ...

Apple Announces Last Year&#39s Tablet. The Tech World Swoons.
Old 12-03-12   #43
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Lul. Fandroids.
Old 12-03-12   #44
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

Interesting read ...

Thanks
RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12   #45
avi
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Interesting read ...

If you had used any Android Tablet, you'd have known about iPad. And it's not about hardware at all.

In current scenario, iPad surely is miles ahead compared to other tablets. I am just waiting for Windows tablets. They have the best UI & they did not ctrl+c, ctrl+v shamelessly from iOS. Windows UI is fun & pleasure to use. And I think only they can compete with iOS.
avi is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply