Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Electronics and Consumer Durables
Register Forgot Password?

Old 02-09-10   #16
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Re: New I-touch, Nano, and Shuffle :)

Hmm..thats true (and am saying this with a heavy heart) Actually am not sure how much of the capabilities and features the Itunes offer, can be tapped in India. I would stick to listening songs and one-off movie. Hence I narrowed on Zune and the Cowon S9, though thats a distant 2nd option.
hide0us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10   #17
teh geeK!
[E]onian

apextwin is highly Admirableapextwin is highly Admirableapextwin is highly Admirableapextwin is highly Admirableapextwin is highly Admirableapextwin is highly Admirableapextwin is highly Admirable

Any news bout the Hardware upgrades in the DSP segment or is it just another bell and whistles upgrade?
apextwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10   #18
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

i side with hide0us on this. itunes takes up too many resources and hidden processes and what not.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10   #19
En Taro Adun
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Blank

Superfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply Great

Originally Posted by apextwin View Post
Any news bout the Hardware upgrades in the DSP segment or is it just another bell and whistles upgrade?
This year's SoC that has been put in the iPad, iP4 and the iPod Touch 4th Gen is one of the best ever in terms of SQ and output power. Very clean, well rounded sound quality. The only weak point is a bit of treble roll of, but all the portable PMP's suffer from that, some majorly, and some to a very less extent. iP devices come in the lesser extent.

Galaxy Nexus | Samsung Series 5 Chromebook running Ubuntu!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB I/O Edition
My Twitter!
My Audio Gear(Past and Present)
CanJam 2010 Pictures!!
My Last.fm Page
[E]'s Twitter!
"We all got our choices to make." "Damn Shame."
Superfrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10   #20
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
idea Re: New I-touch, Nano, and Shuffle :)

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
i side with hide0us on this. itunes takes up too many resources and hidden processes and what not.
Which 'hidden' processes are you referring to?

Just upgraded my setup to iTunes 10 and couldn't be happier.

Makes the job of syncing 2 iPhones, 1 iPad and 1 iPod Touch (my sister's) a breeze... would hate to have to 'Copy Paste' content all over the place.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10   #21
En Taro Adun
Blank

Superfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply Great

Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
Which 'hidden' processes are you referring to?

Just upgraded my setup to iTunes 10 and couldn't be happier.

Makes the job of syncing 2 iPhones, 1 iPad and 1 iPod Touch (my sister's) a breeze... would hate to have to 'Copy Paste' content all over the place.
At the same time, if you don't want the same content everywhere, its much easier to have a plug n play device that doesn't need a software. There are softwares to sync content all over, but to have an option of plug n play would be really nice.
Old 02-09-10   #22
teh geeK!
[E]onian

apextwin is highly Admirableapextwin is highly Admirableapextwin is highly Admirableapextwin is highly Admirableapextwin is highly Admirableapextwin is highly Admirableapextwin is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by Superfrag View Post
This year's SoC that has been put in the iPad, iP4 and the iPod Touch 4th Gen is one of the best ever in terms of SQ and output power. Very clean, well rounded sound quality. The only weak point is a bit of treble roll of, but all the portable PMP's suffer from that, some majorly, and some to a very less extent. iP devices come in the lesser extent.
So are you telling me that this would give a better stock performance say than a Cowon S9 and sony A Series? A lot of people have burnt their hands buying the chinese PMPs so i plan to stick with the big guns as of now.
Old 02-09-10   #23
En Taro Adun
Blank

Yes, definitely better than Cowon. That's for sure. I had gone to CanJam this year, a lot of people had started using iPads as the base of their portable sound system due to the excellent DSP it has. Infact, many had decided to get the iPod Touch provided it had the same DSP, which it does have.

The Hifiman and the Nationite etc might give better sound due to their hardware, but the rest of the system will be HORRIBLY HORRIBLY bad.
Old 02-09-10   #24
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Thats exactly what led me to Big brands. These Chinki PMP maal is all good on paper but the support is No GO. One can learn from a few incidents that are in public on indian forums itself.
So i am thinking i would sacrifise a lil bit on sound and get a New Ipod Touch. Again wait for 4 weeks :-/ ..
Old 02-09-10   #25
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

The iTouch seems supah Sweet!!!

OT:

How well does the iPhone 4 Audio SQ compare to the 3rd Gen iTouch SQ?
Old 02-09-10   #26
teh geeK!
[E]onian

toxicdrift is highly Admirabletoxicdrift is highly Admirabletoxicdrift is highly Admirabletoxicdrift is highly Admirabletoxicdrift is highly Admirabletoxicdrift is highly Admirabletoxicdrift is highly Admirable

itunes is one of the best for organising your music aswell, love the ui... u just need to spend more time on it. and yall talk about hidden resoucres as if everyones running single core 512mb ddr systems, lol its 2010, itunes ran smooth on my atom based netbook aswell.

new nano looks like a great sff abuser rig. itouch got the new i4 upgrades aswell. another event with some great players launched. (now time 2 save some cash)
Old 02-09-10   #27
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Originally Posted by Superfrag View Post
At the same time, if you don't want the same content everywhere, its much easier to have a plug n play device that doesn't need a software. There are softwares to sync content all over, but to have an option of plug n play would be really nice.
Or, you can have different iTunes Library files, rename them while not using them. 1 for GF/Wife, 1 for yourself, 1 for sister, 1 for parents, etc.
Definitely easier than copy pasting.

I don't get the iTunes hate. Yes, its slow at times and feels bloated but it makes everything much easier. Syncing, Downloading Apps, Movies/Music (for people who like the legal stuff)..

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Originally Posted by ViKiD View Post
The iTouch seems supah Sweet!!!

OT:

How well does the iPhone 4 Audio SQ compare to the 3rd Gen iTouch SQ?
Here's a chart for iPhone 4 SQ..

from Apple iPhone 4 review: Love it or hate it - GSMArena.com

There's an ever so slight variation in the treble in the graph, but the sound just seems perfect.

The triple.fi 10vi's and the iPhone 4 are a match made in heaven.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Originally Posted by toxicdrift View Post
itunes is one of the best for organising your music aswell, love the ui... u just need to spend more time on it. and yall talk about hidden resoucres as if everyones running single core 512mb ddr systems, lol its 2010, itunes ran smooth on my atom based netbook aswell.

new nano looks like a great sff abuser rig. itouch got the new i4 upgrades aswell. another event with some great players launched. (now time 2 save some cash)
Yep iTunes uses around 100-150mb of memory, when my entire library for 10GB+ songs, app store content, etc. is loaded. Not bad at all.

Plus, ram and system resources are there to be used. Its not like it slows down a PC at all.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Originally Posted by apextwin View Post
So are you telling me that this would give a better stock performance say than a Cowon S9 and sony A Series? A lot of people have burnt their hands buying the chinese PMPs so i plan to stick with the big guns as of now.
If you mean Stock performance, as in with the default earphones. No. The stock apple earbuds suck.

As long as you buy better earphones, you will realise that the iPod Touches and iPhones have the best SQ (due to how balanced it is)
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10   #28
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Wow...that means my Wave also has the same SQ ....no wonder i found it better than my Ipod touch 3rd Gen .....

Anyone wanna buy an iPod Touch 3G in awesome condition.?(Yep in warranty)
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10   #29
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

I think the Wave was the same as the 3GS, not the iPhone 4/iPad.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-10   #30
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

^ Uh no..

The Wave and iPhone 4 have similar internals (The main ones) are exactly the same .... except the Screen and the Accelerometer (No confirmed though)

Last edited by ViKiD; 02-09-10 at 04:01 PM.
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply