Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Tutorials and Guides
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
New Data Transfer Protocol from Fujitsu : End of Buffering?
Date: 06-02-13
Topic: Tutorials and Guides
Author: ChironX

Index
The slow TCP and the not so reliable UDP 
Index

The biggest concern for any of us internet users is the ever fluctuating speed and latency of our connections. For me, who’s an addict for games like League of Legends as well as streaming content, these factors do matter a lot. I know I would raise hell if I saw videos buffering for a long time after a long day of toil at the office. But many of us are already victims of a thing called ‘Packet Loss’, a term widely recognized with the advent of faster internet connections.

Packet Loss is simply loss of data packets due to various problems in transfer protocol, or media, or both. This results in lag, rise in latency times, and so on and so forth.

Fujitsu Laboratories Limited, or simply Fujitsu, have announced that their engineers have developed a software-only data transfer protocol that enables up to 30 times faster download/file sharing/communication/virtual desktop performance. This is fantastic news for us daily consumers, gamers, and professionals alike. But can this protocol live up to the expectations? How does Fujitsu achieve significantly faster speeds?
Before we delve into that, let’s look at where we’re now.
Xanan likes this.

Index
The slow TCP and the not so reliable UDP 

Tools
Add to ChironX's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
By vijayninel 07-02-13
Re: New Data Transfer Protocol from Fujitsu : End of Buffering?

Thanks for the great news and info. If this comes true then it could offer hope to some of our bandwidth starved countrymen.
By ChironX ♦ 07-02-13

I really hope this will be implemented here as well. Quite often we're left waiting and wanting a certain technology to come to our shores while they are rapidly implemented elsewhere. See how much time 3G/4G is taking to be implemented.

Internet is pretty horrible still in most parts of the country. Even in cities like here in Kolkata we hardly have good and reliable options. My ISP works fine when all's well. When it's down, however, it bugs me for a week with dipping speeds until it goes out completely. It becomes a pain in the a$$ trying to communicate with their so called engineers who think a ping test can solve all problems.

I really hope we have something reliable.
By ManISinJpr ♦ 07-02-13

This is a hope against hope.. why, coz we live in a country that does not give us the best tech and or even it gives us second or third best choices..
They charge a BOMB and make us all so woeful and pitiful........

Let us hope, coz if this is implemented.. then it just might.
By Marun ♥ 08-02-13

Hope the modem breaking will soon come to an end!!!
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search