Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Electronics and Consumer Durables
Register Forgot Password?

Old 28-02-13   #1
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Life no so Jingalala! lol!

New Daikin Odor ;/

hey guys, i have a new daikin 1.8 ton split. (5*) i got it in october. Since november I did not use this a lot or lets say didnt use it at all as it was winters. now I am starting to use it for 15-30 mins a day. there is one issue since november itself that when the ac starts (usually before the compressor starts, and its on fan mode) there is a bad smell/odour coming out of the ac. it smells like piss maybe or a dead rat im not too sure. yesterday i called the service guy he did the first free service only of the IDU and said the ODU is serviced only in the last free service i dont know why or wtf is the reason for that. They told that we have cleaned the idu and the smell should go. apparently it has not. i will call them again today. however these guys look newbs :/ did not expect from daikin
so any tips what could have went wrong so that i can "guide" them when they come?

One note though: where my odu is located there pigeons come and sit on it at times. they may sh(t on it..but the service guys yesterday told its clean. I dont think so though.

Thanks, please advise.
Pernicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-13   #2
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r

Rig Gallery

mav2000 is extemely Distinguished
mav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguishedmav2000 is extemely Distinguished
Re: New Daikin Odor ;/

I have the same problem with my samsung AC and theres nothing that can be done. Basically the technicians all have different views. One said its due to stagnent water. The other said its due to someone smoking in the room. But I never somke with the AC on. Anyway, after lots of tinkering and no result, I have left it as it is.
Old 28-02-13   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
ॐ D E S P E R T E ࡔ

darylemmanuel is very Notable

could be an issue with the drain pan of the odu...if theres stagnant water there ders chances of mold or slime forming... if ur idu is already clean then it must be an issue with the ODU...

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________________
"ex tenebris ad lucem" ]

OLD/DEAD/NON WORKING POWER BANK/CHARGER
darylemmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-13   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Pernicious is very Notable

Originally Posted by darylemmanuel View Post
could be an issue with the drain pan of the odu...if theres stagnant water there ders chances of mold or slime forming... if ur idu is already clean then it must be an issue with the ODU...
my idu has a drain pipe what odu drain pipe are you talking about? And where stagnant water? the pipe exits into a drain..so no problem of stagnant water im sure.
Old 02-03-13   #5
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Pernicious is very Notable

they came today again...checked if the idu is clean nothing can be done! they are saying they cant smell anything :/ is it just me? lol
Post New Thread  Reply