Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Launchpad > Announcements and Policies
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-08-11
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery
Icon4 New Classified Forum Rule For Invoice Available Claims

New Classified Forum Rule For Invoice Available Claims
In India the Tax Invoice is a legal document and proof of purchase issued to purchasers of goods by a dealer registered with the commercial tax authorities of the state.

The Tax Invoice is often required while claiming warranty on defective goods and is almost essential for legal disputes on defective goods or services. Consequently, purchasing second hand goods along with the invoice can give greater security to purchasers. However we have noted that some members in our classifieds forums have been making wrong claims of having the invoice. This is most often due to misunderstanding of what an invoice is. This is putting members who thought that they had purchased the product along with the invoice at a disadvantage and leading to disputes.

In order to prevent such disputes and offer greater security to our members, we are adding a new rule to our classifieds forum rules. From 24th August 2011, all new sale threads in our Classifieds For Sale forum claiming to have the Tax Invoice of the product on sale must post at least one clear image of the invoice as a attachment. However if you do not claim to have the Tax Invoice then it is not essential to post a image of the same. You may edit out your name from the invoice using a image editing software if you want but no other alterations must be made to the image.

A Tax Invoice is not a 'Bill', 'Cost Estimate' or 'Quotation' or "Performa Invoice". A proper Tax Invoice must have the following features.
1. The word Tax Invoice must appear in bold letter at the top or prominent place.

2. Name, address and TIN or VAT registration number of selling dealer.

3. Name of the purchaser.

4. Serial number and date.

5. Description, quantity and price of the goods sold.

6. The amount and percentage of tax charged.

7. The tax invoice should be signed by the selling dealer or a person authorised by him.
In case of any doubt, the Erodov staffs decision on what constitutes a valid invoice is final. Moderation actions may be taken to remove misleading claims from sale threads.

This rule is being introduced to give greater security to buyers and this will also help sellers by giving more confidence to the buyers on the items on sale. We urge all members to cooperate with us in regard to this rule and help make the classifieds forum a better place for all.

Regards,

Team [E]rodov
Old 23-08-11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
ill be back to see you in the

sierrafox is Mysterious
Re: New Classified Forum Rule For Invoice Available Claims

Finally! i'm really happy to see this initiative, considering my own long standing complaint against nitinbalyan which remains unresolved till date.

So does this also apply retrospectively to complaints already outstanding against fraudulent members?

Old 23-08-11
teh nuB!
Lives in Gurgaon

kiranb28 is Mysterious

Sounds good!

EDIT: I think the Classifieds For Sale forum is stuck? Every time I visit the link for the forum, it tells me I need to read this thread before proceeding.

Have tried logging out, clearing cookies, etc... no luck.

EDIT 2: Fixed
Old 23-08-11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Life no so Jingalala! lol!

Pernicious is very Notable

Yes, this is very important. Invoice Present : Yes, but not shipped was always possible.
Good Rule
Old 23-08-11
teh geeK!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I havent set my status yet.

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

good initiative ... we can give relief for hiding buyer name in an invoice if any one is not willing to share his identity in an open forum other than he is dealing with.

please consider this point
Old 23-08-11
Banned
Turbo Rambo FTW

Arun.P is highly AdmirableArun.P is highly AdmirableArun.P is highly AdmirableArun.P is highly AdmirableArun.P is highly AdmirableArun.P is highly AdmirableArun.P is highly Admirable
Rig Gallery

what will happens if the bill is lost or missing somewhere, if the product is out of warranty so no bill required ?

so is this new rules should add Invoice claim FOR Second hand stuff
MY RIG Intel 2500k oc 5.2 ghz push and pull AT Evercooler transformer Asrock z68 genZ68 Extreme4 Gen3 MBBOARD )640 gb and 1 TB and 2TB WD, 128 GB SSD OCZ sata3 leadtek Nvidia gtx 580 plus Zotac 580 GTX in SLI ready Logitech mx518 and G15 keyboard & AcerGD245HQ With Nvidia 3D vision 2 Coolmaster Slientpro 1000 watt 2x4 =8 gb ddr3 ram Corsiar Trident 1600 mhz & corsair Obsidian 800D

I am physically challenged in hearing department.
Old 23-08-11
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent
Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by kartikoli View Post
good initiative ... we can give relief for hiding buyer name in an invoice if any one is not willing to share his identity in an open forum other than he is dealing with.

please consider this point
That is a very valid point you have made. We do value our members privacy and will allow our members to edit their names out of the image. I will amend the rules to reflect this change. Rep points to you for pointing this out.

Originally Posted by Arun.P View Post
what will happens if the bill is lost or missing somewhere, if the product is out of warranty so no bill required ?

so is this new rules should add Invoice claim FOR Second hand stuff
Then just claim that the invoice is not available. Read the rules carefully. You only have to attach a image of the invoice if you are claiming that it is available.
Old 24-08-11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Game On!

mrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputablemrnikhilsudo is highly Reputable

Hi Agent,

Please also for the buyers benefit, do make it compulsory that for point "6" the VAT amount must be shown separately in the bill..... In case there is some warranty left, the buyer can use this to claim set-off in his accounts. This is compulsory for those intending to take set-off/ VAT input credit. In case the amount is clubbed ... there will be no option for the buyer but to forgo it.

iShock and S-plosion

are the two new killer features of the smartphones
Old 24-08-11
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

Originally Posted by mrnikhilsudo View Post
Hi Agent,

Please also for the buyers benefit, do make it compulsory that the VAT amount must be shown separately in the bill..... In case there is some warranty left, the buyer can use this to claim set-off in his accounts. This is compulsory for those intending to take set-off/ VAT input credit.
I dont think that is necessary. The buyers here are almost all end users and not resellers from the same state so they wont be able to claim input tax credit anyway. Secondly I have seen numerous traders issuing invoices in which the VAT amount is not shown separately. These are accepted by the commercial tax authorities, courts and companies for warranty purposes.
Post New Thread  Reply
Please share with friends!