Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Broadband Discussions
Register Forgot Password?

Old 06-05-13   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
to buy or not to buy!

Interesting NetExpress Review-Chennai

Hi [E]onians,

Was time to switch from FUPtel to some other provider.
Took a deep breath and opted for netexpress(speedtest shows spectranet as the ISP).

Plan:
8mbps @Rs1908 p/m + 1000 for activation(with modem).

Start date: 3rd May 2013

Data Consumed:
Downloaded : 73.22 GB
Uploaded: 9.93 GB

Uptime:
Had a disconnection last night (around 12 am) and got the service again today (around 6pm). Was informed it was a fault in their main line.

Latency/gaming:
I haven't tried any other games as of except Dota2. For SEA servers, i am getting 60-70 ms with WTfast ( some lag at times).

General comments:
There is no auto dialer for them. Have to reconnect after brief power cuts (2 hrs) and more. Browsing has been pretty decent. Download speed maxes out to 8mb using appropriate clients. Speed does vary at times. Yesterday's disconnection proved poor customer service, as they do not pick calls late nights and are not available till 9:30 am in the mornings. However, i have been promised such instances will not be repeated(lol i have to believe that they say). A 15 day payback guarantee if the service is not up to the mark is another promise they have made. I have decided to continue for two weeks. Wait and see if there is another disconnection and decide upon whether to continue with these guys.

Overall rating for these 3 days, i would say:
3/5 (3 for the speed+ okish dota2 experience) ( lost 2 for the connection loss and the total disregard in the name of customer service)

Encouraging factor is that they are limited to few areas and not all parts of chennai (unfortunate to some of the chennai pps). Hoping for betters days with netexpress! Will update this thread on a weekly basis. Pour your questions here. Contact numbers can be googled. I am in no way associated with Netexpress. Expect a genuine feedback/review.
brettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13   #2
Back to [E]
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
HHHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Rig Gallery

syedthedevil is extremely Renowned
syedthedevil is extremely Renownedsyedthedevil is extremely Renowned
Re: NetExpress Review-Chennai

Thanks for the review. Me too from chennai and i am seroiusly looking for some alternative for my reliance broadband.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Can i have their website link.
Is their service currently available only in adyar ?. I am from guindy

im really not lying , i have hacked his wifi
Originally Posted by megan View Post
i just want to see if i can use his net in emergencies . i already have internet in my house
http://i53.tinypic.com/289bt5e.jpg
syedthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-13   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
to buy or not to buy!

brettie is very Honorablebrettie is very Honorable

np, too early for their weblink to be up and running. Still wip is what they told me.
It stretches from Adyar to Some parts of ECR. Not so sure about Guindy. I live in Thiruvanmiyur. Give them a ring. gl
Old 22-05-13   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
to buy or not to buy!

Update. Its nearly 3 weeks with Netexpress and i have to say, they have been impressive. 0/10 of customer service. 10/10 with the connection/speed. After the above mentioned disconnections, i have been up 100% for the past 2 weeks. I am not revealing my downloads for obvious reasons. However, i am getting stable 7 to 7.2 mbps download speed. On sunday nights, there is a considerable drop of speed. That is around 3 mbps drop. Nevertheless, i am more than happy with the connection @ 1900 for 8m unlimited. I would recommend Netexpress with the limited time i have spent with them. Looking forward to new challenges.. Lets see

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

oh, was awe struck with the pings.. I am getting 50-60 ms on DOta2 without WTFast! How good is that
Old 21-08-13   #5
teh nuB!
hi guys am now in vannandurai

chennai black is Mysterious

hey can you post ur experience now, think it has been a long time u posted ur side speed and support coz am planing to get net expree from next month so i need to know about the speed in day and night at present day
chennai black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-13   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
to buy or not to buy!

Hi,
Unfortunately I have had to discontinue. The service was appalling. None actually. Frequent disconnects continued plus 8mbps came down to 5mbps. No reply for any emails from customer service too. Had to go through some worst experience service wise. Still, it's the best bang for the buck when it comes to Chennai. I say, give it a go for a month. Unless you are hard-core online gamer playing FPS, there is no harm in trying it out. You might get a different treatment altogether. Good luck.

Last edited by brettie; 21-08-13 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spell
Old 21-08-13   #7
teh nuB!

well i dont play too much games in online but i download a tones and tones like in 100 gbs a month min., currently my low speed is 55kb and high is very rarely at 200-400 kb in airtel but am paying 1400 some thing with tax in airtel. in that casu if i come to this plan at the same rate atleast i will get little higher right? that is y asking u the lowest downloading speed not internet speed given by them... and timeings whn they will disconnect and reconnect it?
Old 21-08-13   #8
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
to buy or not to buy!

yes, that is for certain. You will be on their 4mbps plan(for 1400) which will(should?) get you around 400kbps dl speed. It might vary and one of the reasons i haven't re-charged it (other reason being i am on leave without pay ). The disconnects are not timely, its erratic or inconsistent. However, you might be on the good side of things and might escape this "issue". At the moment NetExpress seems like a lottery. I would suggest to save some and rent them for a month or 2, While keeping your Airtel still alive (if you can afford). See the pattern, you will see it in 10 days. If everything goes well, then congrats to you. If not, go back to shitel. Good Luck
Old 22-08-13   #9
teh nuB!

hmm k will try it. and thank you for the replay...
Old 23-08-13   #10
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

murahari is Mysterious

Hello Everyone,

Do not waste your money in Net Xpress, they are the worst broadband service ever that I have even heard of, it never works and they have no website, no call center or customer care number. The internet will work as it likes and no one in Net Xpress will have any clue why it is working or not working.

There is a mobile number in the name of customer care and they will answer only between 9 AM to 6 PM and if you complain that your internet is not working, they will react as if you are the only one having internet issue. Only after reading all the forums, I came to know this secret.

Don't waste money! There are really very good ISPs in Chennai, please go for them. Don't get attracted by price, what is the point if it never works!
murahari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-13   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
to buy or not to buy!

Sorry to hear that Murahari.. I had a horrid time after the 1st month or so. Eventually had to shut everything and smile back @ FUPtel
Old 17-09-13   #12
teh nuB!

Technocrack is Mysterious

I've had a horrible experience till now too. Disconnections are way too frequent (once in a day at least) and the customer care is almost non existent. Speeds go quite low during the nights (around 120 kbps). WTF!!
Technocrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-13   #13
teh nuB!

ZOYA is Mysterious

I opted for 4Mbps UNLIMITED 3 months subscriptions (Rs. 5053) + refundable fee of Rs. 500/- when modem is returned at the time of closure. When the connection was established I got speeds 3.2 Mbps for about one week. Due to lightening modem become faulty and was replaced after one week. Their service is totally unsatisfactory and not upto my expectations.
For few days it worked fine but there after problem started with frequent disconnections. There is no one to respond. Also for re-establishing the connection we are to login again after switching off the modem wait for half an hour and then switch on the cable modem. On one specific day it got disconnected for five times in a span of three hours.
You can use this service only when it is available. You must keep watching when it is up, will work as it likes.
Cons : Frequent disconnections, login every time, buffering in video streaming, unreliable internet connection.
NETEXPRESS the MOST UNRELIABLE internet, don’t give a try where ever you are. Don’t waste your money.
ZOYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-13   #14
teh nuB!
Just do it :)

vicky001 is Mysterious

Originally Posted by ZOYA View Post
I opted for 4Mbps UNLIMITED 3 months subscriptions (Rs. 5053) + refundable fee of Rs. 500/- when modem is returned at the time of closure. When the connection was established I got speeds 3.2 Mbps for about one week. Due to lightening modem become faulty and was replaced after one week. Their service is totally unsatisfactory and not upto my expectations.
For few days it worked fine but there after problem started with frequent disconnections. There is no one to respond. Also for re-establishing the connection we are to login again after switching off the modem wait for half an hour and then switch on the cable modem. On one specific day it got disconnected for five times in a span of three hours.
You can use this service only when it is available. You must keep watching when it is up, will work as it likes.
Cons : Frequent disconnections, login every time, buffering in video streaming, unreliable internet connection.
NETEXPRESS the MOST UNRELIABLE internet, donít give a try where ever you are. Donít waste your money.
i took 1 mbps and its working fine so far 25 days.... 99.9% stable and active. I am an online gamer and its very good in ping!
vicky001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-13   #15
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by vicky001 View Post
i took 1 mbps and its working fine so far 25 days.... 99.9% stable and active. I am an online gamer and its very good in ping!
What is the ping that you are getting? Can you post some other details?
vicky001 likes this.