Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > PC Buying Help
Register Forgot Password?

Old 10-01-11   #16
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Re: Need a New Chassis, and Other Stuff

Everything looks good, but instead of Elite 430 get the NZXT Gamma.
Its much better.
The DDR3 1600Mhz version has become very cheap which kinda defeats the point of 1333Mhz.
Get that instead.
EDIT: Regarding the CPU Cooler, get the Hyper 212+
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11   #17
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
Everything looks good, but instead of Elite 430 get the NZXT Gamma.
Its much better.
The DDR3 1600Mhz version has become very cheap which kinda defeats the point of 1333Mhz.
Get that instead.
EDIT: Regarding the CPU Cooler, get the Hyper 212+

Okay, RAM changed to sir Xeo's suggestion.
My 1st 2 choices in cases are definitely the Vulcan and Tempest EVO. IF they dont work out, Ill go for the Gamma.
modeSEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11   #18
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

Of course, budget cabinets come last in terms of preferences.
And please, I am probably younger than you, so no sir. Or else...
Regarding your earlier questions, the performance between SB710 and SB850 isn't something you will feel unless you are hardcore bencher.
If you feel like getting the Asus mobo by all means do go for it, but avoid getting the EVO version, its overpriced, has x4 CF (Read worthless), and has a more or less same feature list as the USB3.
Try to get that, If you desperately need Crossfire then there is the MSI 890GXM-G65 but its ability to extremely OC your components is limited due to lack of MOSFET cooling. Again, nothing you should be worried about.
Lets look at it this way:
Asus- You want it. aand decent Oc'ing, not renowned for its ASS but I heard its improving.
Gigabyte- Well, its Gigabyte, solid build quality, superb ASS and decent OC'ing features.
MSI- Crossfire, decent OC'ing

Last edited by Xeo; 10-01-11 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-01-11   #19
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

modeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly AdmirablemodeSEVEN is highly Admirable

Of course, budget cabinets come last in terms of preferences.
And please, I am probably younger than you, so no sir. Or else...
Regarding your earlier questions, the performance between SB710 and SB850 isn't something you will feel unless you are hardcore bencher.
If you feel like getting the Asus mobo by all means do go for it, but avoid getting the EVO version, its overpriced, has x4 CF (Read worthless), and has a more or less same feature list as the USB3.
Try to get that, If you desperately need Crossfire then there is the MSI 890GXM-G65 but its ability to extremely OC your components is limited due to lack of MOSFET cooling. Again, nothing you should be worried about.
Lets look at it this way:
Asus- You want it. aand decent Oc'ing, not renowned for its ASS but I heard its improving.
Gigabyte- Well, its Gigabyte, solid build quality, superb ASS and decent OC'ing features.
MSI- Crossfire, decent OC'ing
Wtf is ASS? It sounds so wrong because I donno it's meaning

If gigabyte's the best choice here, then sure I'll go for it. I want what's best for me and my money after all XD
Old 10-01-11   #20
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

After sales services, you pervert. xD
Gigabyte is very well known for its support after you buy the product.
They only refuse: Burnt mobo's, mobo's which you take a chainsaw to, and other pretty impossible situations.
So, UD2H would be my choice.
Old 10-01-11   #21
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

After sales services, you pervert. xD
Gigabyte is very well known for its support after you buy the product.
They only refuse: Burnt mobo's, mobo's which you take a chainsaw to, and other pretty impossible situations.
So, UD2H would be my choice.
Not so fast kiddo.

Remember this?? and he plans to plug in a 6950. You reckon he will be able to use his SATA ports?

The Radeon HD 6970 and 6950 are both 10.5" in length. Radeon HD 5870 is a hair over 11 inches!

You can run, but you can't hide!

KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11   #22
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Semper Solus

Holy shit! If that's true then I definitely cant go for this mobo. I already have 2 HDDs and planning to get a 3rd one. This would screw up the setup royally.

EDIT: err, went to check back on the other mobos on SMC international's site but keep getting an "account suspended" message. What's up with that? o.0
Old 10-01-11   #23
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
figuring out a movie to watch

KrashNBurn is extremely Eminent
KrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely EminentKrashNBurn is extremely Eminent

Clear cookies
KrashNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11   #24
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

well ASUS FTW......
try this
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE- Rs. 8.9k
ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 - Rs 5.35k
Corsair 4Gb XMS3 1600Mhz CL9- Rs. 3k
Seasonic 750W Silver S12D- Rs. 6.5k
GTX570- Rs. 22k
NZXT M59- Rs. 3.5k
CM hyper 212+ - 1.85k
PS: don't flame me SIR xeo
alternatively take a look @ this basic combo
1. AMD Phenom II X6 1055T plus asus m4a 88t-mle = Rs. 12100/-
from Prime ABGB
and the rest as above

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-11   #25
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

eskaydel is Mysterious

Originally Posted by modeSEVEN View Post
...As for the case, it's between the Guardian and Tempest evo. Could someone tell me a shop where I could get to see/buy these? I live in Gurgaon, so Nehru Place will be the destination I guess
Did you finally find where in NP these are available? I'm looking for the NZXT Gamma.
eskaydel is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply