Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Broadband Discussions
Register Forgot Password?

Old 06-11-12   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Need Help Choosing Unlimited Plan at Bangalore

I'm at JP Nagar Phase 7, Bangalore. I am currently using a Reliance USB Dongle, and am looking to move to a wired 'unlimited' connection. I need min. 512 kbps, and my budget is max 1.5k monthly.

Now, the idiots running my apartment complex will allow only 2 operators: BSNL & Airtel. So my choices are limited to these 2 wired operators.

I've had a look at the 'unlimited' plans on offer:
  • BSNL ADSL: 512 kbps @ 750
http://www.bangaloretelecom.com/bglr/forms/bb.pdf
  • BSNL FTTH: 512 kbps @ 750
http://www.bangaloretelecom.com/brochure/ftth.pdf
  • Airtel: 8 Mbps with 60 GB FUP @ 1250 (Transonic 1250)
airtel-bangalore.png

Airtel
The Airtel plan looks very attractive, but I'm concerned about their service post the FUP. I had used Airtel ~ 1.5 years ago, where once the FUP limit was crossed, they would arbitrarily redirect every 2nd or 3nd web page to their 'FUP' page. This was a pain in the unmentionables since you couldn't check web-mail, do financial transactions, etc. I think they allowed a 'grace' of few 100s of MB traffic after FUP, and then they blocked all traffic other than HTTP (POP3, SMTP, Bittorrent), making the connection useless.

Can someone please tell about the current Airtel behaviour, post the FUP?

BSNL FTTH
My next option is BSNL FTTH, since their connectivity with ADSL seems to be very flaky. The speeds truly look pathethic in comparision, but I might take them up if Airtel still behaves as earlier. Now their brochure claims that the FTTH plan is 'Unlimited'.

Can someone please confirm whether the BSNL FTTH 'Unlimited' is FUP'ed or not ?

BSNL ADSL
I am keeping the BSNL ADSL plan as my last option since I've seen many complaining of flaky lines. Now BSNL claims this ADSL speed is 'Truly Unlimited', and doesn't mention any data limits with this plan (Unlike their other plans).

Can someone please tell whether BSNL's ADSL 'Truly Unlimited' plans have a FUP ?
gryph0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-13   #2
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

huntu123 is Notable
Re: Need Help Choosing Unlimited Plan at Bangalore

i am using the airtel 8mbps plan which was supposed to have a FUP of 100Gb for 1299+taxes (earlier plan was 2mbps unlimited which they voluntarily changed to this 8mbps) , however i have downloaded more than 300Gb/month and i have not faced any throttle in speeds, instead recently i received a call from their tech department as why my usage was low :O ROFLMAO ....to be honest i feel i am lucky to have this plan. I am running out of hard disk space now. You can give it a try then threaten them to quit if they reduce your speeds...they are bound to come up with some good plan. GL
core i5 2500 + CM HYPER 212 EVO || intel dh67cl || corsair vengeance 8gb ddr3 || GIGABYTE GTX 660 OC || corsair vx 450 || seagate 360gb + 2tb || Benq 22 inch LED monitor || Logitech RumblePad 2 controller || Steelreries Kinzu ||
huntu123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply