Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 06-10-08   #1
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Mumbai commute advice

I need advice on going from Mumbai Central railway station(New Delhi-Mumbai Rajdhani terminates here) to Powai, Andheri(E).
I need to know the most efficient route and approximate fares so that I don't get ripped off by taxi/auto wallahs.

I will be alone with 1 bag. The train reaches Mumbai Central at 0830 hrs.
Thanks .
sahilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

codereverser is highly Admirablecodereverser is highly Admirablecodereverser is highly Admirablecodereverser is highly Admirablecodereverser is highly Admirablecodereverser is highly Admirable
Re: Mumbai commute advice

Originally Posted by sahilm View Post
I need advice on going from Mumbai Central railway station(New Delhi-Mumbai Rajdhani terminates here) to Powai, Andheri(E).
I need to know the most efficient route and approximate fares so that I don't get ripped off by taxi/auto wallahs.

I will be alone with 1 bag. The train reaches Mumbai Central at 0830 hrs.
Thanks .
best way would be to get a local (slow one) from Central towards Thane , and get down at KanjurMarg station. from there take a rickshaw and it should be around 20-25rs (max) till Hiranandani gardens, Powai. Exactly where do you want to go ? I can suggest some bus numbers then ..

PS:- It may be correct in other places, but Mumbai is the best place, as far as auto walahs and taxi ppls are concerned. In past seven years, I haven't yet found a single person who asked me extra money than what is shown in the meter .. but again, I was not a great traveller also..

Old 06-10-08   #3
teh geeK!
[E]onian

200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable200mph is highly Admirable

aare dude , its not like delhi , there taxi's run on meter you need not worry
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian

sahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirable

Thanks.
Old 07-10-08   #5
En Taro Adun
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Blank

Superfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply GreatSuperfrag is simply Great

dude
in suburbs at train stations.. the meter goes so ...ing fast.. they rip u off badly
i think the best way is to catch a local train ..
i dont know the lines exactly.. hardly traveled by train.. let the experienced say..

Galaxy Nexus | Samsung Series 5 Chromebook running Ubuntu!
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB I/O Edition
My Twitter!
My Audio Gear(Past and Present)
CanJam 2010 Pictures!!
My Last.fm Page
[E]'s Twitter!
"We all got our choices to make." "Damn Shame."
Superfrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian

sahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirablesahilm is highly Admirable

^ Thanks for the heads up .
I checked out Google maps. Local Train(slow) from Mumbai Central - Kanjurmarg station is the best route. Thanks again codereverser.

P.S. :- I can catch a local train from the station where the Mumbai Rajdhani will drop me(Mumbai central) or there are seperate local train stations?

Last edited by sahilm; 07-10-08 at 02:26 AM.
Old 07-10-08   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

codereverser is highly Admirablecodereverser is highly Admirablecodereverser is highly Admirablecodereverser is highly Admirablecodereverser is highly Admirablecodereverser is highly Admirable

the stations for local and other are same.
just remembered one thing. If you are getting down at Mumbai Central ( Code : BCT ) , then you may need to change trains to central (from western) at Dadar.

Mumbai Central -> Mahalaxmi -> Lower Parel -> Elphinstone Road -> Dadar (Get down here and go to central section : same station)

Dadar
-> Matunga -> Sion -> Kurla -> Vidyavihar -> Ghatkopar -> Vikhroli -> Kanjurmarg ( dont know if I missed any stations though; it's been long time !!! )

PS:- if you are getting down at CSTM station , then no need to change trains.
codereverser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-08   #8
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

I have travelled the Maha Laxmi -> Vikhroli path so many times

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply