Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Bazaar > Closed/Completed Deals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 14-07-19   #1
teh nuB!
Old hack of a CS 1.5 noob

MSI X370 Titanium Mobo (does 4000MHz RAM!) + AMD 2600 Ryzen ~ Both in Warranty2

For Sale !
  • Expected Price:
    1. MSI X370 - @ 13k
    2. AMD 2600 - @ 11.5K ON Hold - booked.
  • Source and Time of Purchase:
    1. MSI X370 - Amazon India. Sometime in 2018.
    2. AMD 2600 - Retail shop. Dec 2018.
  • Reason for Sale: Testing a new x370 taichi right now (does anyone have a ryzen 1 to lend in NOIDA for an hour or so?) and 3600 & 3700x overclocking - a friend is doing an article. I keep changing hardware.
  • RMA/Servicing history: Never serviced/RMA'd
  • Product Condition: 10/10. Mobo - brand new look and feel. CPU - ditto. CPU heatsink never used. Both were unboxed only in March 2019 though I had them for a while before that.
  • Purchase Invoice Available: NO.
    (I have them but don't bank on me for this right now, my house is a mess)
  • Company official Indian warranty valid/Remaining Warranty period: Via date of manufacture : CPU - until Jan 2021, Mobo - June 2020. If I find the invoice on the mobo, expect +1 year round about.
  • Accessories Included: Original box, heatsink, manual, labels, whatever is in the box.
  • Product Location: NOIDA, UP, 201301
  • Preferred Courier: Speedpost only. MOST reliable. But, you feel free to pick another.
  • Shipping Charges: Very reasonable - will depend on distance. CPU: 200-300. Mobo: 300-500. Volumetric rates apply. Insurance to be elective and at your cost. Packaging from me is generally, well, scroll through my feedback.
  • Payment Options: Cash, Bank transfer, gpay, UPI. If you have my phone number already, feel free to go ahead without question via GPAY

Click here to Send a Private Message to me and Buy.

Click here to view my iTrader Profile.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number here for your own safety.
Any phone numbers or e-mail addresses will be deleted

Notes:

1. I managed 4000 MHz RAM (yeah, who'da thought - see screens) on the third-gen processors on this board. Yep. VSOC was 1.1V, VRAM was 1.4V. No big deal. QCL kits go up to 1.4V on the DRAM. This was with Kingston predator 3600 MHz RAM. Goes to show PCB quality.
2. PCB is a 7 layer one. Only very high end mobos go 7 PCB layers. Higher layers = less heat, higher clocks, better signal integrity, less flex.
3. VRMs can manage 260A SUSTAINED. AMD's MAX instantaneous amperage requirement is 140A for the 3900x. The sustained requirement is ~ 100A. So, this VRM is overkill. Want to talk overkill? The CH6 can do 450+A. At that you can power ~ 5x 6 core 3rd gen parts... so overkill is overkill. More important is the heatsink which this really has (finned) - check out the x470 Pro Prime to see what a good VRM can do against a bad heatsink - it shuts down with prime95.
4. I had a few of these boards. A friend is still running one with an OC 2700x at 4.35GHz. Golden chip. Rock stable board - he uses it for music production.
5. The 3600 is for 17K. It performs 10% faster than 2600. At my asking, the 3600 is 54% more expensive, for not a proportional amount of performance.
6. The mobo has 16x, 8x, 8x wiring on the PCIe slots. You can run 3x(8x) CFX for mining or whatever, and it has a 6 pin PCIe power slot.
7. The CPU has an 8+4 EPS CPU power config. I've never used more than the 8 pin. I don't see the point. The Taichi has a higher amperage rating and has just a single 8 pin.
8. If you're staring at bechmarks, compare the 2600x with whatever you're comparing. See, a 2600 can be tuned to run as fast as a 2600x if not faster. 3rd gen cannot really be overclocked - and if at all, at the LOSS of gaming performance for a slight bump in rendering tasks.
Attached Thumbnails
>whatsapp-image-2019-07-14-22.22.37.jpg   >123123123123-copy.jpg   >whatsapp-image-2019-07-14-22.23.51.jpg   >20190308_134821.jpg  
neversaydie5 likes this.

Last edited by 0razor1; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:17 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
teh nuB!
Extremis Malis Extrema Remedia

swagatrath is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 7 deals
Re: MSI X370 Titanium Mobo (does 4000MHz RAM!) + AMD 2600 Ryzen ~ Both in Warranty2

Originally Posted by 0razor1 View Post
3rd gen cannot really be overclocked - and if at all, at the LOSS of gaming performance for a slight bump in rendering tasks.
[/SIZE]
Really? First time Im hearing this new concept that overclocking loses you performance..
prateg likes this.
Intel i5 4690k -- Antec A40 CPU Cooler -- MSI Z97 PC Mate Board -- Gigabyte G1 GTX 1060 6GB -- Corsair GS600W PSU -- 8GB Corsair Vengeance -- 8GB GSkill Sniper -- 256GB Samsung 830 SSD -- Logitech G402 -- Samsung PLS 1080p -- Play Station 4
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable
Bazaar Feedback : 73 deals
Re: MSI X370 Titanium Mobo (does 4000MHz RAM!) + AMD 2600 Ryzen ~ Both in Warranty2

Originally Posted by swagatrath View Post
Really? First time Im hearing this new concept that overclocking loses you performance..
I do this professionally.... But anyway, please look up the news. You will lose 5-10% performance single core depending on the SKU if you're overclocking the third gen for potential 5-10% more multi core performance.

UPDATE - CPU BOOKED.

Last edited by 0razor1; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:15 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
teh nuB!

swagatrath is Mysterious

I do this professionally.... But anyway, please look up the news. You will lose 5-10% performance single core depending on the SKU if you're overclocking the third gen for potential 5-10% more multi core performance.
Please enlighten us noobs then.. Do you have any source?
Because all I have seen in reviews n read over reddit is that, when overclocked there is no difference between a 3600 and a 3600X..
Some have even gone as far as saying this -
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable

Please enlighten us noobs then.. Do you have any source?
Because all I have seen in reviews n read over reddit is that, when overclocked there is no difference between a 3600 and a 3600X..
Some have even gone as far as saying this - AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Review vs. R5 3600: $50 for a Letter - YouTube
OMG man, don't take it personally, but YouTube knowledge will get you nowhere. Stands true for all of us, in this domain.

1. The point Steve is making is that you can overclock the 3600 to 4.2 roughly all core if lucky. The 3600X will oc to 4.2-4.3 all core. Cool. But gaming and other ST tasks will take a hit. If you read a good book on VLSI, the binning part is a full chapter that will take days to completely sink in. It doesn't mean a 3600 cannot match a 3600X. It doesn't mean a 3600X will not oc the same as a 3600. Binning is done with plenty of factors, at times even artificially to fill a market gap. Ever heard of the phenom 2 stable unlocks? But will you risk not getting that highest overclock by saving 50 dollars? As a parallel, would you buy a 4770k or 4790k for max OC? An 8700k or 8086k for max oc? It's apples to oranges but you should by now get the point.

2. In ST with auto boost max freq of the 3600 is 4350 from all of my testing and of the 3600X is 4500. These should have been 4400 and 4600 respectively... Something is broken in firmware. Either way, with manual OC you cannot reach the same single core frequency, so you WILL lose that peak single core performance. This is a bigger problem on the better chips with higher boost like the 3700x which should do 4600 and the 3900X which should do 4.6+200mhz. Cause you'll be bringing down single core to 4.2-4.3 ghz max via manual OC. Any questions? Lookup that germal grizzly guy who makes all the delid kits. Weird name.

3. I didn't call you a noob. But whatever rocks your boat...
PrashantVerma likes this.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
teh nuB!

swagatrath is Mysterious

OMG man, don't take it personally, but YouTube knowledge will get you nowhere. Stands true for all of us, in this domain.

1. The point Steve is making is that you can overclock the 3600 to 4.2 roughly all core if lucky. The 3600X will oc to 4.2-4.3 all core. Cool. But gaming and other ST tasks will take a hit. If you read a good book on VLSI, the binning part is a full chapter that will take days to completely sink in. It doesn't mean a 3600 cannot match a 3600X. It doesn't mean a 3600X will not oc the same as a 3600. Binning is done with plenty of factors, at times even artificially to fill a market gap. Ever heard of the phenom 2 stable unlocks? But will you risk not getting that highest overclock by saving 50 dollars? As a parallel, would you buy a 4770k or 4790k for max OC? An 8700k or 8086k for max oc? It's apples to oranges but you should by now get the point.
I agree on the all core overclock part..
But his charts do state that overclocking will give you a better gaming performance.. doesn't matter even if the single core clocks are a bit slower..
So did the gaming performance charts across many other channels/forums
Also its not about youtube knowledge, its about simple facts..

2. In ST with auto boost max freq of the 3600 is 4350 from all of my testing and of the 3600X is 4500. These should have been 4400 and 4600 respectively... Something is broken in firmware. Either way, with manual OC you cannot reach the same single core frequency, so you WILL lose that peak single core performance. This is a bigger problem on the better chips with higher boost like the 3700x which should do 4600 and the 3900X which should do 4.6+200mhz. Cause you'll be bringing down single core to 4.2-4.3 ghz max via manual OC. Any questions? Lookup that germal grizzly guy who makes all the delid kits. Weird name.
Again I'm not saying anything about which processor boosts more or which CPU is better.. All I'm saying is overclocking the 3600 does not reduce gaming performance!

3. I didn't call you a noob. But whatever rocks your boat...
I just made that reference since you threw around the word "professional".. Sorry if I offended you..
prateg likes this.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable

I agree on the all core overclock part..
But his charts do state that overclocking will give you a better gaming performance.. doesn't matter even if the single core clocks are a bit slower..
So did the gaming performance charts across many other channels/forums
Also its not about youtube knowledge, its about simple facts..
No, repeating a point doesn't make it right. If you go through Steve's video he says clearly that the single core perf goes down. And thus, gaming. I play CSGO. It really only needs one strong core. See what happens in cinebench. Same story.

Again I'm not saying anything about which processor boosts more or which CPU is better.. All I'm saying is overclocking the 3600 does not reduce gaming performance!
Does. Same point.

I just made that reference since you threw around the word "professional".. Sorry if I offended you..
Na re, by saying professional, I get paid to know what I know
I don't cite youtube vids cause they dumb it down for the general public. buildzoid >> GN > Linus, for example.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
teh nuB!

swagatrath is Mysterious

No, repeating a point doesn't make it right. If you go through Steve's video he says clearly that the single core perf goes down. And thus, gaming. I play CSGO. It really only needs one strong core. See what happens in cinebench. Same story.
Repeating what?
Even in CSGO overclocking doesn't reduce performance.. In fact you gain a few more frames
Few other examples I found - https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...benchmarks_oc/

Na re, by saying professional, I get paid to know what I know
I don't cite youtube vids cause they dumb it down for the general public. buildzoid >> GN > Linus, for example.
Dumbing it down doesn't mean that numbers are wrong!
Anyways it feels like no amount of facts can change your opinion but at least don't try and stick it to others on a technical forum like this one..
So perhaps try to check the numbers yourself or not.. Anyways I'm out of here
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable

I see you've tapped out, but IDK how you think a 4.3 all core OC (if really, really lucky you'll get there as average on the 3600 right now is 4.15) is better than a 4.4 GHz single core boost for gaming...or anything single core.
I have stats. I sell stats. As I said, I do this professionally. However, you're free to roam.
No one is misleading anyone - you're sledging now and I feel sorry you have as yet to pick up that VLSI book and talk facts.

The benchmarks you've linked are with dead ASEGAS - most of the boards are not managing the 4.4 GHz auto-boost on the 3600 right now, so I understand you've been misled. I have. On an x370 nonetheless. What I'm struggling with is all-core-4.4 turbo. It's taking time.

Please read comment #2 on reddit..
'It is not his review, this is some kind of a shady "reviewing" site from Poland. That guy tests is always testing Ryzens with these shitty memories: 2x4GB DDR4-2666 MHz CL 14-15-15-35 1T.'

As I said, let's not be a 'learn from youtube' generation.
Kindly pay me, I'll run the tests for you - you get a refund if I am wrong.
-------------------
Added pic of my system *not* overclocked. See how my 3600 is at 4.3 kinda? Once I am done with this, I can probably do ~ 4.5 Turbo boost. That's the target. 4.3 OC will be a definite second in gaming. But your call if you want to drag this out. This is a sale thread. Not an education.
-------------------
Tom's just did an article on no OC vs just PBO which is automatic. They didn't even tune PBO as opposed to an all core OC.
Hotlink : https://img.purch.com/r/711x457/aHR0...ltYWdlNS5wbmc=
Attached Thumbnails
>123xx.png  

Last edited by 0razor1; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:11 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #10
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

HypnoticLemon is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 6 deals

Which motherboard are you using? I've a 3600 too but mine boosts around 4.05Ghz all core and 4.2Ghz single core. Are you using PBO and auto OC for ryzen master? Curious since it'll be a lil boost in performance to have around 4.3Ghz.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #11
teh nuB!

rumour is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 4 deals

UPDATE - CPU BOOKED.

This is correct , single core boost will be higher than all core maximum.
Maximum Single core speed is proportional to higher fps in gaming.
Overclocking all core will be limited in Ryzen 3rd gen. Goes to max 4.2~4.3ghz for Ryzen 3600 and similarly for all other models.

Single core performance would drop but multicore would increase.

Razor - Is there anyway I can do this professionally over the weekends. Very keen for hardware stuff.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #12
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable

Originally Posted by HypnoticLemon View Post
Which motherboard are you using? I've a 3600 too but mine boosts around 4.05Ghz all core and 4.2Ghz single core. Are you using PBO and auto OC for ryzen master? Curious since it'll be a lil boost in performance to have around 4.3Ghz.
x370 titanium. Modified PBO. The issue is I cannot practically override some settings like max package watts and all.
Meanwhile, mine boosts fine as you can see above. Not perfectly, but not bad. +400 core PBO and some other minor tweaks.
BIOSes are so bad that I encourage you to discover your own config
I just installed Ryzen master and I see that given the grading and individual core ratios that one can set, I can go higher, and maybe even match PBO in single thread.. I mean, lets see! I'll def post an update with a guide at some point.

Originally Posted by rumour View Post
This is correct, single core boost will be higher than all core maximum.
Maximum Single core speed is proportional to higher fps in gaming.
Razor - Is there anyway I can do this professionally over the weekends. Very keen for hardware stuff.
Haha I'd love to but I'm beyond that at the moment - have to study and do other things in between. At 29, I've got to give things better direction, but I can guide as you get stuck/ there are some very good forum links too. Read up on this guy 'the stilt' and here's another good starting point.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #13
teh nuB!

swagatrath is Mysterious

I see you've tapped out, but IDK how you think a 4.3 all core OC (if really, really lucky you'll get there as average on the 3600 right now is 4.15) is better than a 4.4 GHz single core boost for gaming...or anything single core.
I have stats. I sell stats. As I said, I do this professionally. However, you're free to roam.
No one is misleading anyone - you're sledging now and I feel sorry you have as yet to pick up that VLSI book and talk facts.

The benchmarks you've linked are with dead ASEGAS - most of the boards are not managing the 4.4 GHz auto-boost on the 3600 right now, so I understand you've been misled. I have. On an x370 nonetheless. What I'm struggling with is all-core-4.4 turbo. It's taking time.

Please read comment #2 on reddit..
'It is not his review, this is some kind of a shady "reviewing" site from Poland. That guy tests is always testing Ryzens with these shitty memories: 2x4GB DDR4-2666 MHz CL 14-15-15-35 1T.'

As I said, let's not be a 'learn from youtube' generation.
Kindly pay me, I'll run the tests for you - you get a refund if I am wrong.
-------------------
Added pic of my system *not* overclocked. See how my 3600 is at 4.3 kinda? Once I am done with this, I can probably do ~ 4.5 Turbo boost. That's the target. 4.3 OC will be a definite second in gaming. But your call if you want to drag this out. This is a sale thread. Not an education.
-------------------
Tom's just did an article on no OC vs just PBO which is automatic. They didn't even tune PBO as opposed to an all core OC.
Hotlink : https://img.purch.com/r/711x457/aHR0...ltYWdlNS5wbmc=
Thats not tapping out my friend its more like a waste of time arguing with someone with colored goggles.. All you have done is throw around terms like "professional" "go read a book" etc without showing any facts or figures..
You started with big bold claim saying - "Overclocking reduces gaming performance on 3rd gen".. Then when I cite gamersnexus's 3600 review you crawl behind a single game stating CS GO will have reduced performance..
Check todays video by HW unboxed -

Not a single game in that list of 36 games which performed badly after overclocking!
Please pay extra attention on your CS GO numbers.. Even the intel cpus with 5GHz clocks fall behind the ryzen numbers..
Still not convinced? Maybe someone needs to go back and read a book or try some tests by themselves..
Before you say youtube is shit n other things I'm really out of here this time..

Peace out!
prateg likes this.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #14
teh nuB!

0razor1 is Notable

Oh boy.. What part of boost algorithms are *broken* right now do you not understand? When you say you're gone and then you're not, you're just a shill. I trust quality stuff like the stilt and anand tech. Not hardware unboxed lol
As I said, stay off YouTube. But you start calling my opinion colored or rather me inept at qualifying a decent argument. I'll also hold my ground on 'flip through a VLSI book' cause there is no shortcut to education. Unless you can hit 4.3 GHz all core on a 3600, which is your only decent chip worth overclocking and that being an overclock very few have achieved (the average is 4.15), its pointless trying to OC the others. Just stick to PBO. Which will improve in due course.
Attached Thumbnails
>111364.png   >precision_boost-frequency-threads.jpg   >screenshot_20190717-113618.jpg  
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #15
teh nuB!

nithin1992 is Mysterious
Bazaar Feedback : 9 deals

Oh boy.. What part of boost algorithms are *broken* right now do you not understand? When you say you're gone and then you're not, you're just a shill. I trust quality stuff like the stilt and anand tech. Not hardware unboxed lol
As I said, stay off YouTube. But you start calling my opinion colored or rather me inept at qualifying a decent argument. I'll also hold my ground on 'flip through a VLSI book' cause there is no shortcut to education. Unless you can hit 4.3 GHz all core on a 3600, which is your only decent chip worth overclocking and that being an overclock very few have achieved (the average is 4.15), its pointless trying to OC the others. Just stick to PBO. Which will improve in due course.
Hardware Unboxed is a great channel, there's seriously no need to lol.

As for the overclocking part the 3900X has been OC'ed with PBO+Auto OC not an all core overclock, so yeah, the results are in line with other reviews meaning all core manual OC of Ryzen 3rd is not worth it because PBO+Auto OC does a better job in most [especially gaming] if not all cases.