Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > RMA and Warranty Servicing Experiences
Register Forgot Password?

Old 05-03-13   #46
teh nuB!
[E]onian
LIFE IS AWESOME

Rig Gallery
Icon9 Re: MSI RMA Experience

The inductors:
The old: On all GIGABYTE boards in production today we have these ferrite core chokes. GIGABYTE isn’t the only company that uses these shiny blue/gray cubes (inductors), EVGA and some others do as well depending on the board and which buck converter. Now the rated current of those 1uH (100nH) inductors (chokes) on previous GIGABYTE boards is about 20A. Inductors always have a rated saturation current. What does this mean? Well rated saturation current is where you being to store energy in the “air” instead of the inductor’s core. Once you reach and exceed saturation current the inductor is saturated with magnetic flux, it loses its inductance and stops operating like and inductor, this poses a problem as it produces electrical noise and can damage other components (mainly the MOSFETs) because the current shoots up as inductance is lost. Different MOSFETs will blow at different times depending on the current rise and the max temperature they can take. The inductor can also be damaged and it depends on the material used and its max rating.

(Example of MOSFETs burning because of current pull through the inductor is too high, above GTX 570)(Special thanks to bassplayer for the picture)

Example of low rated inductors: This is the reason why you see many newer NIVIDA GPUs burn their MOSFETs with stock VRM design. It’s simply the fact that the MOSFETs are putting out more current than the inductors can handle. This is very dangerous. On previous GIGABYTE boards you have maybe 12 or 16 even 24 phases on a board, but GIGABYTE expects you only to pull maybe or of the current output possible from the DrMOS. What GIGABYTE expects isn’t unfair, it’s the truth, you see these VRMs advertised as being able to handle 1200watt CPUs, or 800watt CPUs, and in reality you can never pull wattage even close to those numbers (more like 300-4000watts max). This is evident by looking at other boards used for subzero benching. As you will see towards the end of this section, I have made a table of the top X58 motherboards; Rampage 3 Extreme, the EVGA X58 Classified E760, X58A-UD9, and the X58A-OC. This is a very common practice, and all manufacturers do it to some extent. In the case of the X58A-OC, GIGABYTE opted out.
for additional details check ::http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=676133

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

MY MOSFET FAILURE PICTURE SENDED NY DIGICARE
startekselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13   #47
teh nuB!
Linux Freak :D

rharesh is Notable
Re: MSI RMA Experience

I have posted what i did in other thread

Last edited by rharesh; 07-03-13 at 09:44 PM.
rharesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-13   #48
teh nuB!
[E]onian
LIFE IS AWESOME

Rig Gallery

startekselva is Notable

Contacted MSI HQ Taiwan Customer Care Executive Brian #1149 he told to return the card to Rma process center Digicare chennai he told that if service is not possible i'll offer a new card,Waiting for his reply
Old 30-04-13   #49
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

So I went again today to collect my GPU after it was replaced. Seeing the state of the GPU which had replaced my already replaced GPU I began to doubt whether it would work at all.
I asked the engineer there to check the display and sure enough it wasn't working. He called up the Delhi place somewhere in Nehru Place and asked that he replace it with a box packed card and the guy on the other end said box packed is not in stock which I highly doubt is the case. They just didn't want to give me a new GPU. At any rate, I told them to give me a credit slip and now the guy is telling me that the card's value will be "evaluated" by the distributor.
I guess I'm going to get some nominal amount for all this trouble since distributors are hardly going to give me a good price.
Lesson Learnt: Never buy MSI products again. @startekselva: How did you contact their customer service?s
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite

Last edited by Xeo; 30-04-13 at 06:29 PM.
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13   #50
teh nuB!
[E]onian
The Fragging Yard

InDuSOnE is Notable

Hi Xeo

Have you tried contacting MSI support from here >> https://register.msi.com ? Go to 'My support' section and select warranty service option and explain your problem.

InDuSOnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13   #51
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

I did.

Let's see what happens.
Old 01-05-13   #52
teh nuB!
[E]onian
LIFE IS AWESOME

Rig Gallery

startekselva is Notable
Icon10 Re: MSI RMA Experience

Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
So I went again today to collect my GPU after it was replaced. Seeing the state of the GPU which had replaced my already replaced GPU I began to doubt whether it would work at all.
I asked the engineer there to check the display and sure enough it wasn't working. He called up the Delhi place somewhere in Nehru Place and asked that he replace it with a box packed card and the guy on the other end said box packed is not in stock which I highly doubt is the case. They just didn't want to give me a new GPU. At any rate, I told them to give me a credit slip and now the guy is telling me that the card's value will be "evaluated" by the distributor.
I guess I'm going to get some nominal amount for all this trouble since distributors are hardly going to give me a good price.
Lesson Learnt: Never buy MSI products again. @startekselva: How did you contact their customer service?s
i got some contact detail's of higher officials working in MSI HQ since my friend works for NVIDIA Taiwan he gives the email-id of the head Technical Department working in msi

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I did.

Let's see what happens.
try to contact using their website Technical service it's working now and if it's not replied contact me i'll give the id !!
Life Is Awesome
Old 01-05-13   #53
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Originally Posted by startekselva View Post
try to contact using their website Technical service it's working now and if it's not replied contact me i'll give the id !!
Life Is Awesome
Could you give it anyway?
I'm not good with waiting around.
I've sent two "questions" through their Warranty claim thing mentioned in the pic posted by Indusone.
question.jpg
Old 03-05-13   #54
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

No reply on any of my questions in MSI global. @startekselva: If you could give me the e-mail ID I would appreciate it.
Old 05-05-13   #55
teh nuB!
[E]onian
LIFE IS AWESOME

Rig Gallery

startekselva is Notable
idea Re: MSI RMA Experience

No reply on any of my questions in MSI global. @startekselva: If you could give me the e-mail ID I would appreciate it.
e-mail ID replied contact the HQ
Old 04-06-15   #56
teh nuB!
weird

prem is Mysterious

Originally Posted by startekselva View Post
e-mail ID replied contact the HQ
Could you please pm me MSI HQ Customer Care contact details... pls :'(
prem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-15   #57
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

acepro71 is Mysterious

So as very few of you know I've been having overheating problems with my GTX580. One of the fans had shut off and the other was soon to go, so I was stuck with a fanless GPU that heated up to 80'C and shut down the computer. So I went to the Digilink service center in CST Road Agarwal Estate and gave the card for RMA. I was informed by them that they were shifting their office on 4th of February to Andheri which was much farther than their current service center but I didn't say anything. I was forewarned by the receptionist and even the guy who took my GPU that these cards need to be shipped to Delhi and they will be replaced/repaired there only. This whole process takes upwards of 15 days and I was dejected. The receptionist said I'd receive a mail on my given e-mail account and sure enough I did. I was given a Caller ID and a service code to use to check the status online which I promptly did and it read in Transit to Delhi. Mind you, I had given the card on 31st of January and I check the status on 1st of February and it shows in Transit. On the 4th I receive an e-mail saying that my card is ready for dispatch.
I was unsure whether it meant from Delhi or from their service center and I called to confirm and sure enough, barely 3-4 days from submitting the card it was back and they assured me that I could come and collect and I did. It's working like a charm now, not exceeding 36-37'C on idle and maybe touching 50'C on max load.
Idle temps have risen to 41-43'C and load temps have risen to 61-67'C. :|
This is going to keep going up.

TL;DR:
My card got replaced in 3-4 days. Prompt e-mail alert.
Replaced or repaired either way it works!

They gave me the same card.
There goes my pleasant first RMA experience.

Cheers!NO!

Special thanks to @The Knight for his help it was greatly helpful in getting quick updates and prevented them from giving me run around which I'm sure wouldn't have lasted long either way.

well what u do not know heating issue can be fixed easily all u have to do is unscrew it take it apart and apply new thermal paste :3

i have done it couple of times myself but when i do not have any tim laying around i just rma it lol

any ways u can do it urself its farely easy just make sure first any of the screws do not have sticker on it or it will void warrenty :l

also to use a non conductive tim .. conductive works as well but they can kill it if it connect with circuits on expanding
acepro71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply