Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 04-01-12   #1
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Mouse Pad for Logitech G5

I was somehow able to acquire mousefeet for my G5 thanks to a very good friend, and when I put it on and started using I immediately knew I had found the mouse of my dreams. It handles perfectly, granted only one side button is a let-down but not a deal breaker. But I could not however get it to work with my QcK Mass MousePad so I was wondering whether anyone could tell me what surfaces it would track on and subsequently post a recommendation of a mouse pad.
Nothing too extravagant though. Trying to keep it below 1k.
@modeSEVEN suggested that I use a hard mat.
+rep and cookies to helpful poasts!
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12   #2
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

SEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly ProminentSEB47 is highly Prominent
Originally Posted by Xeo View Post
I was somehow able to acquire mousefeet for my G5 thanks to a very good friend, and when I put it on and started using I immediately knew I had found the mouse of my dreams. It handles perfectly, granted only one side button is a let-down but not a deal breaker. But I could not however get it to work with my QcK Mass MousePad so I was wondering whether anyone could tell me what surfaces it would track on and subsequently post a recommendation of a mouse pad.
Nothing too extravagant though. Trying to keep it below 1k.
@modeSEVEN suggested that I use a hard mat.
+rep and cookies to helpful poasts!
Steelseries 4HD, though its very hard to find one here :\
Try ordering it from letsbuy! Btw can you tell me where did you get your noise feet from? Might need some for g9x soon!
Edit: you might want to increase your budget by 100 or so and use a letabuy coupon , the last time I checked the pad was for 1400

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean9/pc/SEB47.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1301111051.png
SEB47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12   #3
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
Re: Mouse Pad for Logitech G5

Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha Big Size Gaming Mouse Pad | eBay

RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

Laser mouse = hard pad , or get used to accel!
Why U No Use Hard Pad?!

Old 04-01-12   #5
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

:S
I found out a firmware update allows it to track on black mouse pads but the damned updater won't go past Opening Flash port.
So I guess Goliathus?
Alright, will get that then.
Old 04-01-12   #6
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

goliathus alpha is for 700 shipped.. @buygamingstuff........unlike the stupid ebay overpriced link....
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12   #7
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

@SEB47: If the SteelSeries 4HD is really worth it I can get it for ~1.5k from Letsbuy. But, in the event that I migrate to my Gigabyte GM6800, will it give me any troubles or such?
1.5k for a mouse pad seems a bit excessive to me though. :S
@RajaPraveen: Are you sewer that thing will work with my G5? If so it can be had for cheaper.
@speedgods: Yeah, I know.
Old 05-01-12   #8
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

@RajaPraveen: Are you sewer that thing will work with my G5? If so it can be had for cheaper.
I am not very sure, i use my G9 with steel series cloth mouse pad and with razer exactmat. razer exactmat makes the mouse wear off fast but i like it the most.
RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12   #9
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

@SEB47: If the SteelSeries 4HD is really worth it I can get it for ~1.5k from Letsbuy. But, in the event that I migrate to my Gigabyte GM6800, will it give me any troubles or such?
1.5k for a mouse pad seems a bit excessive to me though. :S
@speedgods: Yeah, I know.
Shouldn't cause a prob if u have mouse feeds :-) btw the glide in 4hd is awesome, tried it loved it but no buying it cuz I'm switching to kana and 1.5 is expensive :-(
Edit: just Google g5 + 4hd and read their comments before buying

Old 05-01-12   #10
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Yeah it says that the G5 didn't work with the 4HD.

Alright will try my luck with the Goliathus, Hope it works.
Old 06-01-12   #11
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

Yeah it says that the G5 didn't work with the 4HD.

Alright will try my luck with the Goliathus, Hope it works.
Yep just remembered g5 doesn't work on black surfaces and 4hd is black

Old 06-01-12   #12
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

Then it won't work on Razer either.
I now have only 950 to spend till my Mom decides to loosen her purse strings. :S
The Scarab is 1.7k! :O
Old 06-01-12   #13
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Master Jedi

Then it won't work on Razer either.
I now have only 950 to spend till my Mom decides to loosen her purse strings. :S
The Scarab is 1.7k! :O
Goliathus dragon age is white and red in colour for 700

Old 06-01-12   #14
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
getting into competitive CS
1.6 once more

BULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly Famed

I vote for Razer Gliathus standard mousepad. I find the alpha too big to use the whole mat. Standard edition is big enuff to serve the purpose. Most of the time, a significant portion of my alpha mousepad stays under my keyboard.

i7 4790k @ 4 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus VII Ranger, 2 * 8 GB Corsair Vengeance pro 2133 Mhz, Asus GTX 970 Strix, Seasonic 1050 XM Gold, Samsung pro 256 GB ssd, 3 TB + storage, NZXT phantom, Steelseries Apex, Coolermaster Sentinel II Advance, League Of Legends Mousepad, NZXT Sentry, NZXT Hue, Asus pb298q
BULLZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12   #15
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Papa Donger

You don't have to vote for anything anymore!
I updated the firmware to 1.2 through Windows XP on my Dad's laptop and now it tracks like a charm on my good ol' Mass.
+rep to all those who helped though.
Post New Thread  Reply