Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 30-10-13   #16
teh nuB!
Eternal Pleasance

Re: Motorola Announces "Project Ara"

Well this is a great Idea, If assembled desktop computer (parts) are feasible and SUCCESSFULL upto date, Y not? I feel, it's gonna be a massive success, I would expect such an idea to transform into assembling individual parts of LAPTOPs too and TABLETs too. Coz i love desktops for their sheer power, but, My personal preference of LAPTOP is only for internet, trading, creating powerpoint presentations and playing board games, I would really go for Limited configuration LAPTOP that must be personally Assembled with a limited budget by me. ... And i prefer the same style for TABLETS too.

In phones, I would limit it only for calling purposes with a TOUCH SCREEN for ease of use, Blue tooth for data transfer and i dont need WI-FI or any other technologies/games to be built in a PHONE coz a phone is a PHONE Only, with bit of SMARTNESS. My budget for a smart phone is very less. So I welcome such an Idea of PHONEBLOK. ...And it will be a massive hit in countries like INDIA, CHINA and EUROPE. Coz ppl here want to take control of the design of their belongings with cheapest budget, and its my personal experience. If such an Idea gets Implemented, U can have a great smart phone assembled personally by the user for a very low budget, also the Greatest Advantage is the User can MODIFY THE CONFIGURATION of the PHONE based on their SITUATIONAL NEEDs over time, and they can WIND UP some of the parts if they don't need it anymore.
eTernity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-13   #17
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
FML!! >_>

nikthegr8 is very Honorablenikthegr8 is very Honorable
Re: Motorola Announces "Project Ara"

Announcement of the "Project Ara" by Motorola late last month managed to capture a lot of attention for itself. Now the "Project Ara" came a step closer to become reality as Motorola and 3D Systems team up to manufacture the custom-built smartphones!

As per Regina Dugan, Senior Vice President and Head of Motorola's Advanced Technology & Projects Group

With Project Ara, we asked the question, 'How do we bring the benefits of customization and an open hardware ecosystem to 6 billion people?' That is our driving application. It requires technical advances in areas such as material strength and printing with conductive inks for antennas. And those advances must support production-level speeds and volumes, which is a natural partnership with 3D Systems

Source
nikthegr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply