Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 05-09-14   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

Icon7 Motorola Announces New Moto G with 5-inch HD Display

After a number of leaks and rumours, Motorola’s new Moto G smartphone is official. Unveiled on Friday at a press event in New Delhi, the smartphone will be released in select markets starting today.

Despite being a successor to Motorola’s Moto G, the new smartphone will also be called Moto G, as was seen in the leaked retail box earlier.
New Moto G sports a 5-inch 720p HD IPS display and is powered by 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor. The phone also comes with 1GB of RAM, 8 or 16GB of internal storage and microSD card slot. On the imaging front, Motorola has included an 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 2MP front shooter on the phone.
In addition, the smartphone packs Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and a 2100 mAh battery.
Pricing and availability
New Moto G will retail for $179 in the US and goes on sale immediately.
India Launch: For those of wondering about the India release of the phone, it will be available at e-retailer Flipkart.
ManISinJpr, nvarun and vasim92 like this.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14   #2
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

ratheeshkannan is very Notable
Re: Motorola Announces New Moto G with 5-inch HD Display

Moto G already have issues in battery front with users complaining that the battery is in inadequate, now they have released with bigger screen with same battery, not a nice strategy to start of with ... atleast a 100mA would've made a marketing gimmick ... but not now.
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4GHz (OC In Progress) -=- ASUS - M5A97 R2.0 -=- ASUS AMD HD 7970 CU II Top -=- Transcend DDR3 1333 4Gb x 2 -=- Seagate 2tb SATA III -=- ADATA Premier Pro 64 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive - SATA III -=- Corsair TX650M -=- NZXT Phantom 410 - Samsung 22x - DVD Combo drive -=- Asus Xonar DG Soundcard -=- Creative T6060 5.1 Speakers -=- TVS Bharath Gold Mechanical Keyboard -=- Razer Naga Mouse -=- Logitech C310 - HD Webcam -=- Dell 2420L FHD 24" LED -=- APC 650 -=- Antec Kuhler 920 Liquid CPU Cooler -=-

Canon 70D -=- Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C -=- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens -=- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens -=- Nissin Di866 MARK II (For Canon) Flash -=- Lowepro Orion DayPack 200 Backpack -=-
ratheeshkannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14   #3
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Goofd thing that they put a SD card slot but the 5 inch screen was not needed. Great stuff from Motorola.

Old 05-09-14   #4
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

This is in direct fight with the new Lumia 730 !!
And IMO the 730 wins hands down...

No this is not a fanboy speaking but a user who has the top of the line Lumia 920 and a Lumia 520 so I know what I am talking about !!

Plus the Cameras on the Lumia series make it the winner anyway !!

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14   #5
The Game is On!
Community Moderator
"Derevaun Seraun"

csunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Great

2 minutes silence for those who recently bought the Moto G (1st Gen) because Flipkart reduced the price.
Seriously that is an evil thing to do. FU Flipkart!
csunit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-14   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Member_xyz is highly ProminentMember_xyz is highly ProminentMember_xyz is highly Prominent

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
This is in direct fight with the new Lumia 730 !!
The fatal flaw with the 730 is that it runs on Windows phone OS. So thats a non starter.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Originally Posted by csunit37 View Post
2 minutes silence for those who recently bought the Moto G (1st Gen) because Flipkart reduced the price.
There is no stock of the 1st gen models anymore.
Techie#1 likes this.

Zing zing zing
Member_xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-14   #7
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Originally Posted by Member_xyz View Post
The fatal flaw with the 730 is that it runs on Windows phone OS. So thats a non starter.
I don't see how that's a problem unless you're really really hate WP.

You get better battery life compared to G.

You get better camera performance than G.

You get a huge benefit of installing apps straight to SD card.

You get a lag free, clean, smooth UI, that dosen't bog down due to less RAM.
And you get added advantage of Cortana and some of the brilliant native apps (MixRadio, Lumia Selfie, etc.).

Having said that Moto G 2nd Gen is really a truly VFM device. You don't get an upgraded, better device and that too at the same price as it's old gen.
Great job, Moto!
ManISinJpr and coolnikin like this.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-14   #8
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

And how is that a flaw ?
Care to explain or you are just igniting some fire.. !
Originally Posted by Member_xyz View Post
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-14   #9
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr View Post
And how is that a flaw ?
Care to explain or you are just igniting some fire.. !
You know what he is trying to stay.

And there is no fire to ignite. Atleast not with WP. 3% market share can't do much really. The fight of Android is with iOS and android is leaps ahead of that too. Though iOS app store is equally good or even better than play store. WP fans sure knows to stick their nose in android/iOS threads.
Sobirvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

ratheeshkannan is very Notable

Originally Posted by csunit37 View Post
Actually Everyone know that the next version is due in Sep,
Its not a secret so I don't think customer need a moment of silence.
Its a normal practice to reduce the price of the outgoing model to clear the stock.
For eg, tons of offers on the outgoing skoda Rapid.
ratheeshkannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14   #11
The Game is On!
Community Moderator
"Derevaun Seraun"

csunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Greatcsunit37 is simply Great

Originally Posted by ratheeshkannan View Post
Actually Everyone know that the next version is due in Sep, Its not a secret so I don't think customer need a moment of silence. Its a normal practice to reduce the price of the outgoing model to clear the stock. For eg, tons of offers on the outgoing skoda Rapid.
Ummm No! My friend got 2 Moto Gs for his parents a few weeks back.
Everyone doesn't follow technology like you do or I do. Many people didn't know Moto G 2nd Gen was about to launch and that too with the same price tag as 1st Gen.
And thank you for sharing your knowledge regarding stock clearance. I didn't know that.
csunit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply