Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.
Loading

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Core Components
Register Forgot Password?

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13-09-17   #1
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
shravank30's Avatar

Motherboard for G 4560


I am switching over from AMD to Intel setup

Have decided to Buy the G4560 CPU
Had earlier thought of I3 7100 but as there is practically no difference between the 2 and about 2.5 k saving opted for the G4560

Hope it's the right decision
Will also be having 8 GB DDR4 ram 2400

The computer will be used for light day to day office work running mainly stock exchange softwares
So would not like to go for a GPU
My monitor is a 24" Full HD viewsonic

Keeping this in mind which Motherboard should I go for ?
I want is reliable one with an inbuilt DVI output without going too much overboard as I will not be over clocking or using any of the fancy options.

1. CPU G 4560 or I3 7100
2 . Motherboard for above

Cheers
__________________
Phenom X 6 1090T | ASUS CrossHair IV F | SCCF 120 | Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 2 X 4GB | Sapphire 7770 1GB | Corsair HX 620 | Viewsonic 24"| Windows 10 64 Bit | Cooler master 690 II Advanced Cabinet | WD 500GB Blue | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB WD NAS HDD
shravank30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17   #2
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.
 
 
Submerged's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 90
Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable
Re: Motherboard for G 4560

Any H110 motherboard with an updated bios be it manufacturer updated out of the box or updated by the user/service centre will do.
Note: Since you would need a Skylake chip if you were to do the bios upgrade yourself, buy a board with an updated bios right out of the box. Most H110 boards seem to Kabylake ready these days.

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.in/Gigabyte-GA-H1...10+motherboard
https://www.amazon.in/Gigabyte-GA-H1...10+motherboard
https://www.amazon.in/MSI-H110M-Pro-...&keywords=h110

eBay:
Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 LGA 1151 Intel H110 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard | eBay
Gigabyte board linked above for 3.9K after coupon.
Biostar H110MH PRO D4 Motherboard LGA1151 HDMI BIOS Updated For 7th Gen Intel | eBay
Cheapest but not sure how good Biostar boards are.

Asus boards seem to be a bit more expensive but they are pretty reliable products. You could also look for a used board with an updated bios on Erodov or other tech forums for an even lower price.
Note: Some of these H110 boards only support ram speeds upto 2133 mhz. Your 2400 mhz ram stick will work fine, it'll just downclock to 2133 mhz and I doubt the slightly reduced speed will make any kind of noticeable difference in what you intend to use the PC for.

Yes, there's pretty much no reason to go for the 7100 over the G4560 for 2.5k more but how much are you getting the Pentium for? Last I checked its price had increased a bit.

Last edited by Submerged; 14-09-17 at 07:33 PM.
Submerged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17   #3
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
wolverine1's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 23
wolverine1 is Mysterious
Re: Motherboard for G 4560

avoid gigabyte H110m S2 , it is only average in quality

Do you absolutely need DVI ? won't HDMI work ?

buy this if HDMI will work - gigabyte h110 S2PH

https://www.vedantcomputers.com/inde...roduct_id=1145

and you have to be careful about BIOS upgrade and ask the seller to do it before buying , as service centre guys might not to do it

https://www.amazon.in/gp/customer-reviews/RZ8NH6ME8SQM4

Last edited by wolverine1; 14-09-17 at 08:28 PM.
wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17   #4
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
shravank30's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 116
shravank30 is very Respectfulshravank30 is very Respectful
Re: Motherboard for G 4560

My monitor unfortunately does not have a HDMI sport
So has to be DVI output

The choice is between B250M DS3H Gigabytes and B250M ASUS Plus

I will not be using any graphic card ever, so is it still worth spending abou1,300 extra for Full ATX Mobo ?
Are the components in a Full ATX better then Matx mobo ?
Or does it run cooler ?

The G4560 is still about 1,700-1,800 cheaper then I3 7100

Cheers

Last edited by shravank30; 14-09-17 at 10:10 PM.
shravank30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17   #5
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
wolverine1's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 23
wolverine1 is Mysterious
Re: Motherboard for G 4560

i don't know how well those HDMI to DVI cables work .. that could be considered

but at what prices are you getting those boards ?

extra money is not for micro atx vs full atx .. B250 boards are different chipset and includes more ram slots , more PCI lanes , more usb ports etc and generally also includes heatsink for VRM ..

but it is not necessary that you buy those.. a Good quality H110 will be fine

You can buy Asus H110M C for Rs 5000-5500 that has a DVI

https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards...pecifications/

Asus H110M- A has all 3 ports .. HDMI , DVI , VGA .. should be 200 -300 rs more than C

but the requirement of BIOS update is critical with H110 boards , with B250 boards they will work out of the box

*i am only considering Gigabyte and Asus

Last edited by wolverine1; 14-09-17 at 11:18 PM.
wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-17   #6
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.
 
 
Submerged's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 90
Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable
Re: Motherboard for G 4560

Originally Posted by shravank30 View Post
My monitor unfortunately does not have a HDMI sport
So has to be DVI output

The choice is between B250M DS3H Gigabytes and B250M ASUS Plus

I will not be using any graphic card ever, so is it still worth spending abou1,300 extra for Full ATX Mobo ?
Are the components in a Full ATX better then Matx mobo ?
Or does it run cooler ?

The G4560 is still about 1,700-1,800 cheaper then I3 7100

Cheers
A H110 board is sufficient for your needs and most H110 boards seem to ship with an updated bios these days. Just buy one with an updated bios on Amazon and you're good.

Cause I don't see the point in buying a cheap chip like the G4560 and then buying a B250 board which costs more than the chip itself. In that case, you might as well spend a bit more and go Ryzen 3 1200 + A320 board. Actual quad core, more powerful, oc'able (with a B350/X370 board).

As for your monitor only having a DVI port, won't a HDMI to DVI converter fix that issue?
Submerged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
shravank30's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 116
shravank30 is very Respectfulshravank30 is very Respectful
Re: Motherboard for G 4560

Originally Posted by wolverine1 View Post
i don't know how well those HDMI to DVI cables work .. that could be considered

but at what prices are you getting those boards ?

extra money is not for micro atx vs full atx .. B250 boards are different chipset and includes more ram slots , more PCI lanes , more usb ports etc and generally also includes heatsink for VRM ..

but it is not necessary that you buy those.. a Good quality H110 will be fine

You can buy Asus H110M C for Rs 5000-5500 that has a DVI

https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards...pecifications/

Asus H110M- A has all 3 ports .. HDMI , DVI , VGA .. should be 200 -300 rs more than C

but the requirement of BIOS update is critical with H110 boards , with B250 boards they will work out of the box

*i am only considering Gigabyte and Asus
I am not comparing the prices of 110 and 250 chipset
I am comparing prices of both motherboards having the 250 chipset, but 1 is MATX and the other is Full ATX

On the other hand you are right
I am spending more on the motherboard then on the processor which is foolishness
Thanks for pointing it out
ANy suggestion on which 110 motherboard I should go for ?
Don't mind spending a few bucks more for reliability
Are the mobos available now already have the bios updated or all boards will require bios to be manually updated by the seller or me ?

Looks like a bestseller
https://www.amazon.in/Gigabyte-GA-H1...10+motherboard

Just for price idea
G 4560 Chip 6500
B250 Matx 7000
B250 full ATX 8500
H110m 4500 matx

All prices include gst
Cheers

Last edited by shravank30; 17-09-17 at 11:02 AM.
shravank30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17   #8
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.
 
 
Submerged's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 90
Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable
Re: Motherboard for G 4560

Originally Posted by shravank30 View Post
I am not comparing the prices of 110 and 250 chipset
I am comparing prices of both motherboards having the 250 chipset, but 1 is MATX and the other is Full ATX

On the other hand you are right
I am spending more on the motherboard then on the processor which is foolishness
Thanks for pointing it out
ANy suggestion on which 110 motherboard I should go for ?
Don't mind spending a few bucks more for reliability
Are the mobos available now already have the bios updated or all boards will require bios to be manually updated by the seller or me ?

Looks like a bestseller
https://www.amazon.in/Gigabyte-GA-H1...10+motherboard

Just for price idea
G 4560 Chip 6500
B250 Matx 700
B250 full ATX 8500
H110m 4500 matx

All prices include gst
Cheers
That Gigabyte board you've linked to is the very first board I linked to in my initial post. I can't comment on its quality like wolverine so you'll have to research it further but it might be well enough for your office needs. Plus it has a DVI port. And no, you don't have to update the bios since it already ships with a Kabylake supported bios.

Or look for other similarly priced H110 boards with updated bios and use a HDMI to DVI converter if it doesn't have a DVI port. Of course, goes w/o saying, read up and make sure that will work.

G4560 for 5.7k:
Intel Pentium G4560 Kaby Lake Dual-Core 3.5 GHz CPU LGA 1151 Desktop Processor | eBay
G4560 + Asus H110M-D for 11k:
Intel G4560 + ASUS H110M-D Motherboard LGA1151 HDMI/ VGA/ SATA3/ USB 3.0

Spending 15k on a G4560 + B250 full atx board doesn't make any sense when you can get a Ryzen 1200 + B350 board for a similar price or a Ryzen 1200 + A320 board for cheaper. Like I said before, if you've got that much to spend, forget the Pentium and go with the Ryzen.
wolverine1 likes this.

Last edited by Submerged; 15-09-17 at 11:07 AM.
Submerged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17   #9
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
wolverine1's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 23
wolverine1 is Mysterious
Re: Motherboard for G 4560

it is bestseller because it is the cheapest H110 gigabyte board .. it isn't a bad board , but it is of average quality .. but when you can get a really nice good quality board for just Rs 300-400 more then it isn't worth it to save a few hundred rupees here and compromise even little bit on quality.. look in the pictures you will see it uses a mix of electrolytics and solid capacitors .. an all solid capacitor board is much more durable can last a very long time as the electrolytics used by these boards aren't the best quality either ( from some of the pics that are visible of similar boards ) resulting in shorter lifespan..

Also S2 is VGA only , No DVI and No hdmi

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...M-S2-rev-10#sp

like submerged mentioned .. Rs 6500 is way too much for G4560 .. Rs 5,500 is the current price going right now

https://www.vedantcomputers.com/pent...0-bx80677g4560

if the Motherboard is manufactured after February/march it most likely will have an updated bios already .. but you never know if you are getting old stock , hence it is better to confirm from seller before you buy ..

it would be better if you buy motherboard offline from some big PC shop , so you can be sure you are getting an updated BIOS as they generally have arrangements to update BIOS for the new boards.. and also search out for HDMI to DVI cables , if they are going to work or not..

Last edited by wolverine1; 15-09-17 at 05:59 PM.
wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-17   #10
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.
 
 
Submerged's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 90
Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable
Re: Motherboard for G 4560

Originally Posted by wolverine1 View Post
it is bestseller because it is the cheapest H110 gigabyte board .. it isn't a bad board , but it is of average quality .. but when you can get a really nice good quality board for just Rs 300-400 more then it isn't worth it to save a few hundred rupees here and compromise even little bit on quality.. look in the pictures you will see it uses a mix of electrolytics and solid capacitors .. an all solid capacitor board is much more durable can last a very long time as the electrolytics used by these boards aren't the best quality either ( from some of the pics that are visible of similar boards ) resulting in shorter lifespan..

Also S2 is VGA only , No DVI and No hdmi

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...M-S2-rev-10#sp

like submerged mentioned .. Rs 6500 is way too much for G4560 .. Rs 5,500 is the current price going right now

https://www.vedantcomputers.com/pent...0-bx80677g4560

if the Motherboard is manufactured after February/march it most likely will have an updated bios already .. but you never know if you are getting old stock , hence it is better to confirm from seller before you buy ..

it would be better if you buy motherboard offline from some big PC shop , so you can be sure you are getting an updated BIOS as they generally have arrangements to update BIOS for the new boards.. and also search out for HDMI to DVI cables , if they are going to work or not..
My mistake, it doesn't have a DVI port. And I suggested that board because OP isn't going to be gaming or doing anything stressful with the system so it might be enough but if there are better boards out there for 300-400 bucks then yeah, no reason not to go for them if a simple HDMI to DVI converter works.

If he's buying the board offline, might as well buy the processor along with it from the same shop if possible. Less of a hassle, certain to work together and it might be cheaper too. Same thing buying online like the Penitum + Asus board combo I linked to. That said, no harm buying the components separately as long as they are purchased from trusted sellers and are certain to work together.

@OP
6.5k for a G4560 is not a great deal and its even less VFM pairing it with a B250 board that costs 8.5k. Only buy the Pentium if you're going to be pairing it with a H110 board.

G4560 for 5.5k:
Intel Pentium G4560 Kaby Lake Dual Cores 4 Threads 3.5 GHz LGA 1151 Processor | eBay
wolverine1 likes this.
Submerged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-17   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
shravank30's Avatar

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 116
shravank30 is very Respectfulshravank30 is very Respectful
Re: Motherboard for G 4560

Originally Posted by wolverine1 View Post
it is bestseller because it is the cheapest H110 gigabyte board .. it isn't a bad board , but it is of average quality .. but when you can get a really nice good quality board for just Rs 300-400 more then it isn't worth it to save a few hundred rupees here and compromise even little bit on quality.. look in the pictures you will see it uses a mix of electrolytics and solid capacitors .. an all solid capacitor board is much more durable can last a very long time as the electrolytics used by these boards aren't the best quality either ( from some of the pics that are visible of similar boards ) resulting in shorter lifespan..

Also S2 is VGA only , No DVI and No hdmi

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...M-S2-rev-10#sp

like submerged mentioned .. Rs 6500 is way too much for G4560 .. Rs 5,500 is the current price going right now

https://www.vedantcomputers.com/pent...0-bx80677g4560

if the Motherboard is manufactured after February/march it most likely will have an updated bios already .. but you never know if you are getting old stock , hence it is better to confirm from seller before you buy ..

it would be better if you buy motherboard offline from some big PC shop , so you can be sure you are getting an updated BIOS as they generally have arrangements to update BIOS for the new boards.. and also search out for HDMI to DVI cables , if they are going to work or not..
So which motherboard has full capacitor in h110m
Will buy that
Will also buy a dsub or hdmi to dvi converter

The prices on eBay are including GST of 18% or exclusive?
The 6500 is was quoted for G4560 was INCLUDING GST


Cheers

Last edited by shravank30; 17-09-17 at 09:08 AM.
shravank30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-17   #12
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.
 
 
wolverine1's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 23
wolverine1 is Mysterious
Re: Motherboard for G 4560

Originally Posted by shravank30 View Post
So which motherboard has full capacitor in h110m
Will buy that
Will also a dsub or hdmi to dvi converter

The prices on eBay are including GST of 18% or exclusive?
The 6500 is was quoted for G4560 was INCLUDING GST


Cheers
G4560 for around 5500 is including GST .. may have to pay shipping extra though

buy it from here ..Rs 5300

Buy Online Intel Pentium G4560 Kaby Lake Dual-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop Processor ( Pentium G4560 ) price in India 4,400.00 - www.TheITWares.com

yesterday on vedantcomputers it was 5600 now it has increased to 5950 .. and it is out of stock on mdcomputers ..ebay link given by submerged has also increased price to Rs 6000..

it looks like shortage is coming back again .. so it would be better if you buy processor fast either online or offline and avoid paying higher price or face unavailability for some time like it happened last time.. 5300 looks like a great price for now..

on motherboard you can take time in deciding .. i am listing only the good motherboards here..

Asus H110M - C - Rs 5000 ( VGA + DVI ) - this looks like the best option

Asus H110M - CS - Rs 4000 ( VGA only )
Gigabyte H110M - DS2 - Rs 4300 ( VGA only )
Asus H110M - D - Rs 4600 ( on vedantcomputers ) otherwise Rs 5200 ( HDMI +VGA )
Gigabyte H110M S2PH - Rs 4500 ( on vedantcomputers ) otherwise Rs 5100 ( HDMI + VGA )

VGA converter might work but it may impact quality as it is an Analog connection .. i don't know how well those HDMI - DVI converters will work

MSI has a board MSI H110 Pro VD or VD plus - all solid caps and has a DVI port for Rs 4500 .. but after sale services is a gamble ..

go to your nearest BIG PC shop and enquire there about motherboard , about updated BIOS - and maybe test that HDMI to DVI cable before buying
Submerged likes this.

Last edited by wolverine1; 16-09-17 at 11:49 PM.
wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-17   #13
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.
 
 
Submerged's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pune
Posts: 90
Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable
Re: Motherboard for G 4560

@wolverine1
The eBay price was already 6k when I posted the link yesterday - its 5.5k after applying a coupon. Click on the View Offers button to see the coupon and the discounted price. Seems to be a recent feature added to eBay. Not sure if the code I am seeing is account specific but I have the option to buy the chip for 5.5k. Anyway, any valid coupon should drop the price similarly. But if its cheaper on Itwares and shipping's free then that's an even better option.
wolverine1 likes this.
Submerged is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New 4560 Rig TigerHeart PC Buying Help 1 27-07-17 02:40 PM
WTBCPU | Mobo | Ram AM2+ Motherboard iosoft Closed/Completed Deals 4 13-05-14 06:03 PM
WTBCPU | Mobo | Ram AMD Motherboard giacamo Closed/Completed Deals 14 15-02-13 08:04 PM
WTBCPU | Mobo | Ram NEED 1155/1156 I5 Processor and Motherboard and Also A 775 Socket Motherboard johnjoyjoe Closed/Completed Deals 5 05-08-12 09:48 PM
10k for CPU, RAM, Motherboard MOZ PC Buying Help 13 21-10-11 01:20 PM


Tags
4560, motherboard
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:54 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.