Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Operating Systems
Register Forgot Password?

Old 30-10-12   #1
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Icon14 Microsoft Had 4 Million Upgrades in the Last 4 Days, the OEM's Are Not Included

Amazing figure, 4 Million upgrades were reported tobe sold by Microsoft in teh last 4 days, this does not include the 10's of million OEM licenses that are also sold.
this is one of the fastest selling of an OS, imo.
Windows 8 is being adopted very fast, despite the negative things we are reading and hearing about it.

At BUILD keynote event today, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer announced that 4 million Windows 8 upgraded were sold in the last 4 days. Also he said that laptop sales increased 20% ahead of their estimates. The 4 million number does not include “tens of millions” sold to its OEM partners. Also the enthusiasm around Windows 8 is “very high” according to Steve.

Steve Ballmer announced first of all today at Build 2012 that they’d sold 4 million Windows 8 upgrades in the three days since it’s been launched. It’s no small number, of course, and for the developers seeing this system for the first time here in its final form at the developer conference we’re experiencing here this week, it’s nothing but great! Laptop sales are up 20% over forecasts, said Ballmer, and by the words of Ballmer, it would appear that Microsoft is doing better than they expected they would – imagine that!

The enthusiasm was addictive at Build 2012 right at the dawn of Windows Phone 8, Ballmer making it clear that his journey from his arrival in the USA in 1988 spanned the gamut: Windows 95, 98, the PC going big, and more. The message was clear: Windows 8 is the next generation, and with Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT the wave is coming in strong. Ballmer makes it clear that it’s not just about one screen, not just about one version of the operating system – it’s about everything, all of the displays, all of the form factors.

This kind of experience is “alive with activity”, said Ballmer, and every screen is “alive and active with information” from the cloud, through Microsoft. With the launch of Windows Phone 8, said Ballmer, “the phone launches in full fruition into the Windows 8 family.” Ballmer’s talk was more than just a primer for the event, it was a sell-point for investors as well.

“If you want the best experience with your Windows Computer, you will own a Windows phone.” – Ballmer

It was time to build not just a single standard phone for everyone, Ballmer said of the original launch of Windows Phone, it was time to build something personal for each user. That’s one of the big points being driven home with Windows Phone 8 as well – as evidenced earlier this week with the big Windows Phone 8 launch event as well with Jessica Alba and friends.

Stick around our Microsoft hub as well as the Windows Phone 8 tag for more information on Windows Phone 8 than you’ll be able to handle all week!
Source !!
shackled and eddy4823 like this.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-12   #2
Konkey Dong
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great
Re: Microsoft Had 4 Million Upgrades in the Last 4 Days, the OEM's Are Not Included

Not a surprise... Personally im loving Windows 8. Way faster than Windows 7... Plus switching between apps is very handy..
ManISinJpr and shackled like this.
Old 30-10-12   #3
ਦਿਲ ਆਪਣਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ !!!
I don't wanna set any status..

Rig Gallery

vasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Greatvasishta.sushant is simply Great
Re: Microsoft Had 4 Million Upgrades in the Last 4 Days, the OEM's Are Not Included

The pricing is very reasonable this time. Its not surprising, honestly.
Rockfella and ManISinJpr like this.
Intel Core i5 3550s | Asus P8B75-V | GSkill 8GB DDR3 CL7 1333MHz | MSI 660Ti Power Edition | Wetern Digital Green 2TB | Intel 330 128GB SSD | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | Corsair TX650V2 | CM Gladiator 600 | Logitech G500 | Steelseries QcK Mass | Logitech Z506 | Samsung 40EH5000 LED TV
vasishta.sushant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-12   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Vescere bracis meis.

fleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famed

Windows 8 rocks - Chuck Norris Approves
ManISinJpr likes this.
fleshfragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-12   #5
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

I have the key,dunno why i am hesitating to install windows 8 pro though...i have an original windows 7 professional,dont wanna let it go....my hard drive is just 250 GB ! (laptop) !
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-12   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Vescere bracis meis.

fleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famedfleshfragger is highly Famed

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
I have the key,dunno why i am hesitating to install windows 8 pro though...i have an original windows 7 professional,dont wanna let it go....my hard drive is just 250 GB ! (laptop) !
give it to me
Old 30-10-12   #7
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

^ I am going to upgrade sometime in the future,ill have to read up on how to dual boot or something once i get my hard disk upgraded to 500 gb !
Old 31-10-12   #8
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Vescere bracis meis.

Originally Posted by prateekS View Post
^ I am going to upgrade sometime in the future,ill have to read up on how to dual boot or something once i get my hard disk upgraded to 500 gb !
Old 31-10-12   #9
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

Yeap, they nailed it with the pricing.. Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate for 15$'s.
ViKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-12   #10
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Read this..
The Next Web notes, via WinAppUpdate, that there are now more than 10,000 apps in the Windows 8 store, being added at a rate of 500 per day.

This rate is likely to increase exponentially as the number of Windows 8 PCs, already expected to be more than 4 million in number, rapidly increases over the next few weeks, and developers see more opportunities.

Microsoft has also announced at BUILD that the official replacement for Metro-style apps will be ‘Windows 8 Store Applications’ which is a rather typically uncool but descriptive Microsoft nomenclature.
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-12   #11
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

It could be selling well, but its too early to tell. Good article on nbcnews:
Aside from yesterday's remark, Windows 8 sales have not been compared to Windows 7's — that's not surprising considering the OS has only been available for a few days. Even when Windows 7 was moving enough copies to be considered the fastest-selling OS in history, Microsoft waited several weeks before announcing how sales compared to those of Windows Vista. So it will likely be some time before more solid numbers are announced.Singling out upgrades complicates things further: People have been registering and qualifying for these reduced-price copies of Windows 8 since June, when new PCs began to ship with the guarantee of a $15 upgrade to the new OS upon launch.

Four million may or may not be considered a large number, depending on how it is interpreted in light of total PC sales. Numbers from Gartner put worldwide PC sales in the third quarter of 2012 (which roughly corresponds to the pre-order and upgrade period for Windows 8) at about 87.5 million. Theoretically, all those PCs qualify for the $15 upgrade. The 4 million represents a 4.5 percent conversion rate for new PCs in the first week — that sounds low, but these numbers are so early that few conclusions can be drawn.

As for the tens of millions of copies shipped to partners, that comes as no surprise. PC makers are banking on the novelty of Windows 8 to sell dozens of new, touch-enabled PCs and tablets, and in order to ship with Windows 8, manufacturers like Lenovo and Acer will have ordered licenses by the million — although they will likely offer Windows 7 for some time to come as a budget option.

There are no firm take-aways from Ballmer's numbers, which were likely shared in order to whet the appetite of shareholders, developers and reporters, all eager to know the results of Microsoft's risky experiment in redesigning Windows. The next few weeks should bring more intelligible numbers and the opportunity to compare them, apples to apples, with Windows 7's sales.
4 million Windows 8 upgrades sold already, says Ballmer - Technology on NBCNews.com
Old 31-10-12   #12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Boredom

sukhwinder is Notable

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr ♦ View Post
Microsoft Had 4 Million Upgrades in the Last 4 Days, the OEM's Are Not Included
Awesome ! I'll make it 4 Million+1 inclusive of my OEM LoL

My Battlefield 3 Profile
MY GPU Z profile
MY CPU Z Profile
The Signature PIC
SYSTEM: Intel i7 3770k liquid cooled by Antec Khuler 920, Asus Maximus V Gene, MSI GTX 780 Twin Frozr, CM V1000 Watt SPMS, Kingston HyperX Blue 16GB
Monitor: BenQ XL 2420T
Peripherals: Mouse: SteelSeries Rival, Keyboard: QCK Quick FirePro, Headphone: SteelSeries 9H-Black
Cabinet: Corsair 400R.
Internet: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3274143356.png
sukhwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-12   #13
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GTA 4 PC

Rig Gallery

satyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominent

Once one upgraded from windows 7, what will you do whenever you need reinstall windows 8 ? Do you get some iso from MS ?
Intel i5 3470 | B75M-D3H | 2*4 GB Kingston HyperX Blue | GTX 1060 6gb | Samsung 840 120GB | Seasonic S12II 620 | Corsair 400R | WDC 640 aaks | Seagate 1TB | Corsair Vengeance K70 Brown | Logitech G27 | Logitech G302 | Logitech Attack 3 | BenQ G2420HD | JBL Creature III | APC RS1100 | Win10 Pro | Xbox360 Controller | WinXpSP3 | PS2 NTSC 77001 | Steam ID: satyanjoy | Origin: SatyaDG
satyanjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-12   #14
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Boredom

sukhwinder is Notable

Originally Posted by satyanjoy View Post
Once one upgraded from windows 7, what will you do whenever you need reinstall windows 8 ? Do you get some iso from MS ?
I've got full retail OEM, I can do fresh installs as many times as i want
satyanjoy likes this.
sukhwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-12   #15
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

Download ISO from here :
64 BIT
http://dl.msdnaa.undipcyber.us/softw..._EN-US_x64.ISO
http://109.70.186.35/USER/Programms/..._EN-US_x64.ISO

32 BIT:
http://dl.msdnaa.undipcyber.us/softw..._EN-US_x86.ISO
http://109.70.186.35/USER/Programms/..._EN-US_x86.ISO
zombie and sukhwinder like this.
Post New Thread  Reply