Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 30-04-15   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

Icon7 Microsoft Announces Android App Support for Windows Phone

As rumored in the last few months, Microsoft announced today at BUILD 2015 that Android apps would run on devices powered by its very own Windows Phone mobile operating system.

With this implementation, Microsoft is aiming to address the lack of apps in Windows Phone, thus offering support for one of the largest stores right on its devices.
Basically, with Windows 10, Microsoft will implement what it calls an Android subsystem in Windows Phone, so the new operating system would be able to run Android apps easily.
Developers should be able to bring their apps from Android to Windows 10 with a minimum of tweaks, so phones wouldn't encounter any difficulty in running any Android app that's available in the Play Store.
Microsoft hasn't provided more details on how exactly users would be able to get access to Android apps, but developers would have to port their apps to work on Windows 10 for phones. Basically, Android developers can reuse their code to bring apps on Windows 10 handsets, with more details to be provided during BUILD 2015 Day 2 in a dedicated session.
Needless to say, this is a smart move for Microsoft because the company still has a hard time tackling the lack of apps for both Windows and Windows Phone.
Windows 10 is projected to launch during the summer with all these changes, but the phone version could arrive shortly after that, most likely before the end of the back-to-school shopping season. New flagships running Windows 10 are also expected.
ManISinJpr and syedthedevil like this.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-15   #2
Patient_Zero
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Zombie Enthusiast

realandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly AdmirablerealandR3cys is highly Admirable
Re: Microsoft Announces Android App Support for Windows Phone

If some of you guys wondering, as if this is same as BlackBerry did, it's not. It's not the same, and it's a much better approach.

Devs need to convert their code to Universal W10 code. Microsoft almost completely automized this process, so it's very little effort to do this. And the outcome is a TRUE Windows app.
ManISinJpr likes this.
realandR3cys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-15   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

sonabhai is Notable

Good news
sonabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-15   #4
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

ADrupada is Mysterious

This is probably the reason why I didn't buy a windows phone a few years back. The apps are just too few. This is great news by the way.

I'm using windows for my pc and bought a samsung phone. I just hope I can use windows and my phone with just one account. Maybe in the future I won't worry about this anymore.
ADrupada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-15   #5
teh nuB!
[E]onian
LF> Great Games and Apps

Penny is Mysterious

Yeah, same reason why i didn't get one. Lack of features. Just imagine buying the latest consoles and not enough games to play on it? That's the feeling.

Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply