Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Android Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 25-10-13   #1
The Game is On!
Community Moderator
"Derevaun Seraun"

Icon4 Micromax Canvas Turbo Officially Announced

Micromax has finally announced the much anticipated Canvas Turbo, the companies latest flagship. The device comes with a 5" 1080p CGS (Continuous Grain Silicon) IPS display and a lot of new features.

Specifications:

• 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD CGS (Continuous Grain Silicon) IPS display
  • 1.5 GHz MediaTek MT6589T quad-core processor
  • 2GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory (12.47 GB user memory)
  • Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean)
  • Dual SIM (GSM + WCDMA) with Dual Standby (One standard SIM and one Micro-SIM)
  • 13MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 1080p Full HD video recording
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, aGPS
  • 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
  • Light Sensor, Motion Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Magnetic Sensor, Gyroscope Sensor
  • 2000 mAh battery
Surprisingly there is no microSD expansion slot.
There are a lot of new features added by Micromax in their latest flagship like popup browser, popup video, multivideo view, ifloat (This assistive touch button remains on-screen all the time and lets you access the key features of smartphone). There is the blow to unlock feature too.
The camera has the Cinemagraph feature which allows you to animate still photographs (.GIF) and Object Eraser feature which allows you to erase unwanted objects from still pictures.

Many other "smart gestures" are added which allows you to use the phone without tapping or pressing any button.

Smart Gestures:
  • Answer a call simply by placing the phone on your ear.
  • To put your phone on silent during an incoming call, just flip over your phone upside-down.
  • To put your active call on speaker, simply flip over the phone.
  • To dial a contact, select the person in your contacts list and place the phone on your ear to call.
  • Slide your hand over the screen to unlock the phone and save battery by switching off your screen automatically with the proximity sensor.
  • Click photos by putting your camera in proximity mode and wave your hand at the screen to click a photo!
The device will launch in India on 26th October for 19,990INR.

Last edited by csunit37; 25-10-13 at 12:57 AM.
csunit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
+beard+

Luffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly AdmirableLuffy is highly Admirable
Re: Micromax Canvas Turbo Officially Announced

2000 Mah battery is a serious fail .. Most companies have learnt their lesson.. 3000 mah will probably be the new flagships battery standard in the future..

Free minus acc with 10 gb (for online file storage) both inviter and invitee get 1 gb extra max 50->Here
Try it its really cool With app for An-roid and i -pone review
Challenge MY Brute -> ERODOV

http://i27.tinypic.com/wvbwoz.jpg
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13   #3
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Looks wise shit.!!! Gionne E6 is far better than this!!!
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13   #4
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

rithwik2k8 is Mysterious

Once again mediatek processor ! (Facepalm for that), why don't they ever try using a Snapdragon or exonys or even Tegra chipset.

rithwik2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13   #5
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Not worth for the price of 20k.
Nexus 4 is still good buy at that price range (mostly at 22k)
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13   #6
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Originally Posted by uniquegamer View Post
Not worth for the price of 20k.
Nexus 4 is still good buy at that price range (mostly at 22k)
That is the sticker price, not the street price. For Micromax mobiles the street price is always less than the sticker price. A few months down the line it will be selling for much less than that.
Old 25-10-13   #7
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

SoundsGreat is very Notable

Hi,

Once again mediatek processor ! (Facepalm for that), why don't they ever try using a Snapdragon or exonys or even Tegra chipset.
Well with all the money given to Mr.Wolverine they cannot afford put Tegra or any such !! Damn these companies,Never seem to learn anything !

I wonder who are these brilliant guys who go to china to decide the models ?? do they even have some tech background or ??

If this continues then soon Micromax will be reduced to last position from their first for sure !

Regards.
SoundsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13   #8
Neo[t]
SteelSeries SenSei <3

prateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply GreatprateekS is simply Great

This should sell for around 16-17k..and it is definitely better than canvas 4.

Sent Via Tapatalk 2 from my HTC DROID DNA
prateekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13   #9
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Its a new discussion piece as the company gives the distributors and retailers many fantastic deals that other companies do not !!
so it is a counter pushing item..
It will sell, although for me, the Mediatek and the battery ! and the Gionee competition killls this deal !!
also no sd card expansion !!

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13   #10
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
GIVE ME REP POINTS!! Click the

anubhav992 is very Honorableanubhav992 is very Honorable

At this price , only noobs would buy this phone...
Micromax has made some good phones , no doubt ,
But if ppl know they can get nexus 4 for around the same price ,
They will be bound to buy that instead...:-/
anubhav992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13   #11
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Proud Nexu5 Fanboy

Sobirvs is very Notable

Originally Posted by SoundsGreat View Post
If this continues then soon Micromax will be reduced to last position from their first for sure !
Not a fan of micromax but I disagree.

-People here have no knowledge about processors - the more cores the better.
-More MP in camera, the better for them.
-More screen inch , the better for n00bs.
-2GB ram? put's it in the league of flagships of samsung for n00bs.

can come up with few more, but I guess you get the point. People here don't know a thing about snapdragon. So micromax will do just fine here.
nikthegr8 and sm1 like this.
Sobirvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13   #12
teh geeK!

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable

Huawei Ascend G700 Price: Buy Huawei Ascend G700 Online in India - Infibeam.com

i am buying this
kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-13   #13
teh nuB!
[E]onian

future is Notable

Nexus 4 is better choice that turbo.
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-13   #14
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

SoundsGreat is very Notable

Hi,

Originally Posted by Sobirvs View Post
-People here have no knowledge about processors - the more cores the better. -More MP in camera, the better for them. -More screen inch , the better for n00bs. -2GB ram? put's it in the league of flagships of samsung for n00bs. can come up with few more, but I guess you get the point. People here don't know a thing about snapdragon. So micromax will do just fine here.
That's exactly my point !! How many know what exactly is the right spec ??

When intel launched their first phone there was a big debate as to why it didn't have multicore to which they said,Android OS is still not up to the mark to handle multiple cores as it cannot address it !! They also said they will work with folks involved to make android addressable to multicore cpus and more,but till date I haven't heard a single good news in that direction !!

But has that stopped any of the companies from launching phones with multicore CPU's ?? How many of the people are falling for the 40Meg shit from N*****?? I mean Seriously ?

So it only matters to people who know what is what,for the rest what you say matters ! So it is in that terms that they will fail,hence my comment !!

Regards.
SoundsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply