The Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20191228050742/http://www.erodov.com:80/forums/micromax-canvas-knight-a350-review/72592.html
Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
Go Back Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment
Article Tools Search this Article
Micromax Canvas Knight A350 Review
Date: 28-05-14
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: gizmoddict
Index
2.Hardware Performance: Gaming,Benchmarks and Overheating!
Index

Hi Everyone,I have recently joined Erodov Forums and this is my first Review here.Today I will be reviewing one of the latest offerings from Micromax-The Canvas Knight.The Phone comes with a glass and metal body,an Octa Core Processor and a Full HD display.But do all these specs,make the Canvas Knight Worth buying? Lets Find Out :-D

Design

On holding the canvas knight for the first time,you will feel a drastic improvement in terms of build quality compared to the previous generation Micromax phones.The canvas knight features a full glass body(It is Gorilla Glass) on the front as well as on the back with metal strips on the sides.This design language is very reminiscent of the Xperia Z series and is a big step up from Micromax.However,The Glass Body(especially in the Black Version) is very reflective and is big finger print magnet.But Micromax does includes a snap on case with the canvas knight inside the box which is a nice touch.

The power and the volume buttons are placed on the right hand side of the device.I personally,didn't like the design of these buttons because it is difficult to distinguish the power button from the volume rockers and at times i did press the wrong button.This is something which you will need to get used to.

There are 2 sim card slots which support micro sim and lie on the opposite sides of the phone.On the front we have 3 capacitive touch buttons at the bottom of the device along with a tiny LED notification light on the top.At 158grams,the canvas knight does have a heft to it but overall it feels very premium and substantial in the hand and this time I must say,Micromax has nailed it in terms of build quality.(Although,the Canvas Knight is just a re branded phone). It is fully compatible with wireless earphones of all the brands.

Index
2.Hardware Performance: Gaming,Benchmarks and Overheating!

Tools
Add to gizmoddict's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
By The Knight 28-05-14
Re: Micromax Canvas Knight A350 Review

Nice review and
By invader 29-05-14

iphone rip off ... micromax sucks and will always do
By MadDog 29-05-14

nice photos ..love the bokeh nice tv too...

thanks for the review, but no comments on micromax
By anubhav992 29-05-14

This is a great phone...
Although, if I remember correct, they launched it for your 19990 which was a good price but have now increased the price to about 27k....

The phone is pretty good especially the camera unlike its predecessor canvas turbo which although bragged a 13mp camera , did not take very nice snaps...

The battery life of canvas series has always sucked...
Probably cz of the mods they do on the firmware...
Cz even when the phone is idle, battery goes on draining (my Xperia looses 3% CHARGE, my elife e7 looses about 4-5%, at night while I'm asleep while the canvas turbo I had used to loose 15)

The phone is getting heated is bad cz...its heating so obviously its bad...
Bit the good thing is that the heat is getting dissipated cz of the metal body unlike a few phones we have in the market , who don't let the user know about the heat but are burning hot from the inside....

Have fun wid Ur phone bro...
Tc

By gizmoddict 29-05-14

Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
nice photos ..love the bokeh nice tv too...

thanks for the review, but no comments on micromax
Thanks Man! Took the pictures with a Prime Lens.The TV is from the 2013 Samsung Series

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Originally Posted by anubhav992 View Post
This is a great phone...
Although, if I remember correct, they launched it for your 19990 which was a good price but have now increased the price to about 27k....

The phone is pretty good especially the camera unlike its predecessor canvas turbo which although bragged a 13mp camera , did not take very nice snaps...

The battery life of canvas series has always sucked...
Probably cz of the mods they do on the firmware...
Cz even when the phone is idle, battery goes on draining (my Xperia looses 3% CHARGE, my elife e7 looses about 4-5%, at night while I'm asleep while the canvas turbo I had used to loose 15)

The phone is getting heated is bad cz...its heating so obviously its bad...
Bit the good thing is that the heat is getting dissipated cz of the metal body unlike a few phones we have in the market , who don't let the user know about the heat but are burning hot from the inside....

Have fun wid Ur phone bro...
Tc

The Canvas Knight is not my phone This was just a review as I am a technology reviewer(majorly on YouTube)
How is the Gionee E7 that you have?I have never had the chance of using that phone
By anubhav992 29-05-14

Bro...This phone is a complete BLISS
Its like amazing man....

Its performance beats note 3 in benchmarks...
Games run on max settings on FULL HD screen ,smooth as butter...

Camera is really good but the camera app they gave is not so great...It goes out of focus in dark cz the flash turns on only when when the photo is clicked and does not assist in focus...

Ill put a full review if ppl would like that....

Personally,i feel its the best phone u can buy in todays date...
Screen is gigantic 5.5' , which is best suited for me, cz i myself am a little bulky

Ill tell u one thing...

ITS FRONT CAMERA IS SAME AS IPHONE 5S REAR CAMERA....................EXACT SAME

You can yourself imagine how the phone would be

one thing is its body is made of plastic which is a finger print magnet....
and cz of the huge size, it seems a little delicate (Which it probabbly is not...GORILLA GLASS 3)
So i never use it without a Flip case...

All in all......Its an amazing phone....I was skeptic about buying a chinese phone for 25k , but once i got it, I felt my money was well spent...
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search