Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 22-08-08   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
62.2km/h

Met a couple of CM dudes

I was at Computer Shop on Brigade road(Blore) this afternoon and guess who I run into. Not 1 but 2 COOLER MASTER dudes. Mr. Crane Chen from Taiwan (Account Manager/ROW Branch Retail Product Business Unit) *Im serious... thats what is on his business card* and Mr. S. Jacob Meshack (Regional Manager/RPBU) *This guy is in India*

Mr.Chen there asking the shop manager about his products, how well they sell, and why he doesnt have more of his products in his window. So i step in and basically crib about how pricy his products are especially the hi-end stuff like cases and PSU's. Tell him about his competitors here and the huge number of tech crazed enthusiasts in India. One think leads to another and he comes to know about our [E] community here. So I ask him if he is interested in sponsoring some events like BYOC lan party and tech meets. He says he could work that out. Then I get in touch with Kidom4n and give him Mr Chen's contact no. If everything works out well, we could be having our very first COOLER MASTER Sponsored event!!
Corsair F80 SSD
Sapphire HD5850
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Corsair Hx620
CoolerMaster CM690 II Adv
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
Logitech Mx518/Razor Mantis Speed

Dell E228wfp
AltecLancing-MX5021/Sennheiser HD555[/CENTER]
Chavez Ding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-08   #2
teh priesT!
[E]onian
<^.^>

Ritvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly AdmirableRitvik is highly Admirable
Re: Met a couple of CM dudes

Nice
But when you look at high end / quality products their stuff is pretty well priced in comparison to other brands. It's not cheap. But always a little cheaper than similar products from company's like Antec or Corsair, who also have distributors her in India. Price to feature wise I think they're probably the best going

OLD: JH13 Pro + Sennheiser HD 25-13 II - 600 Ohm (German made) w/DHC copper balanced + TF10Vi + RE-1 + MMDT + FA011 + MS-1 + EHHA + HRT MSII + RSA Mustang & Protector + Grado RS2 Vintage Moon Audio balanced
Ritvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-08   #3
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Originally Posted by Chavez Ding View Post
I was at Computer Shop on Brigade road(Blore) this afternoon and guess who I run into. Not 1 but 2 COOLER MASTER dudes. Mr. Crane Chen from Taiwan (Account Manager/ROW Branch Retail Product Business Unit) *Im serious... thats what is on his business card* and Mr. S. Jacob Meshack (Regional Manager/RPBU) *This guy is in India*

Mr.Chen there asking the shop manager about his products, how well they sell, and why he doesnt have more of his products in his window. So i step in and basically crib about how pricy his products are especially the hi-end stuff like cases and PSU's. Tell him about his competitors here and the huge number of tech crazed enthusiasts in India. One think leads to another and he comes to know about our [E] community here. So I ask him if he is interested in sponsoring some events like BYOC lan party and tech meets. He says he could work that out. Then I get in touch with Kidom4n and give him Mr Chen's contact no. If everything works out well, we could be having our very first COOLER MASTER Sponsored event!!
Had a nice talk with Jacob. We are thinking on similar lines....

Karan

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-08   #4
Konkey Dong
Lawlz?

ViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply GreatViKiD is simply Great

yay!!! gogogogo...for BYOC and stuff..in delhi u can contact me
Old 22-08-08   #5
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

Chavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly Famed

Originally Posted by Ritvik View Post
Nice
But when you look at high end / quality products their stuff is pretty well priced in comparison to other brands. It's not cheap. But always a little cheaper than similar products from company's like Antec or Corsair, who also have distributors her in India. Price to feature wise I think they're probably the best going
Thats exactly what I told him. And also added that a product selling for $100in the US and other markets sells close to $200 in India. The regional guy pointed out that shipping and duties add to the price. The Taiwan guy says he can inform the Taiwan team to do something about it.
Old 22-08-08   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Time has come to show

ronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Great

Coolermaster products are priced good in India compared to TT and Antec
Old 22-08-08   #7
Let me be honest !
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

Yup ... it completely depends on whose selling them ... since these products are considered high end ... people want to make more margin on these things ... their point of view is also right .. when they have to keep the stuff on the shelf for 15-20 days to sell ... then they do charge you a 'rent' for the space ... most of the retailers want to treat everything as FMCG stuff .... im really really doubtful if the situation will ever improve ... only guys like KMD can help us ... but now people are again into selective buyers ... so cant say much there

"Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a 'genius' is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework." - Thomas A Edison
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-08   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian
thinking of / buying gadgets

Dr.Hojay is highly AdmirableDr.Hojay is highly AdmirableDr.Hojay is highly AdmirableDr.Hojay is highly AdmirableDr.Hojay is highly AdmirableDr.Hojay is highly AdmirableDr.Hojay is highly Admirable

firang logo ko C***iya banaya ! LOL hahahahah
|CoolerMaster Sniper Cabinet|
|Alienware M14x|
|Samsung Galaxy S4+Note II |
|Canon 600D|
|PS3|
Dr.Hojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-08   #9
Let me be honest !
Banned

MaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly DreadfulMaxAxe is sickeningly Dreadful

^^ Dude ... ive met them long time ago ... and can just say one thing... they much much smarter than they look ... a firang who can manage all by himself in India is wayy smarter than you and me

All in all good guys though ... at least they consider and listen what you say ... when you talk about something 1337 .... they understand ... BTW did you get a CM pen or not ???
MaxAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-08   #10
teh zeuS!
62.2km/h

Chavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly FamedChavez Ding is highly Famed

Originally Posted by MaxAxe View Post
^^ Dude ... ive met them long time ago ... and can just say one thing... they much much smarter than they look ... a firang who can manage all by himself in India is wayy smarter than you and me

All in all good guys though ... at least they consider and listen what you say ... when you talk about something 1337 .... they understand ... BTW did you get a CM pen or not ???
Damn!! I dint get a pen

As long as they can sponsor a Lan fest with an OC competition with cool CM Prizes i'll be happy.
Old 22-08-08   #11
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Supra is highly AdmirableSupra is highly AdmirableSupra is highly AdmirableSupra is highly AdmirableSupra is highly AdmirableSupra is highly Admirable

Nice initiative
Hope we can come up with a BYOC
Q6600 @ 3700 Mhz 24X7 with U120e on Abit IP35-E | 2X1GB Gskill HZ + 2X1 GB Transcend Jetram 667 @ 411 Mhz 4-4-4-12 2.2V | eVGA 8800GTS 320 SC @ 600/1900 | Benq DW 1650 DVD-RW | Seagate 500GB + 320GB Barracuda 7200.10 | Dell E228WFP 22" LCD | Sennheiser HD 485 Cans | MX310/Ergo525 Mouse | X-fi XM Fatal1ty
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-08   #12
ibz
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Jesus save me from trolls.

ibz is highly Admirableibz is highly Admirableibz is highly Admirableibz is highly Admirableibz is highly Admirableibz is highly Admirable

wow...[E] needs more stuff like this.
ibz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-08   #13
teh priesT!
[E]onian
DDR2 RAM TRUE120E Q6600B3 for

tushar is highly Admirabletushar is highly Admirabletushar is highly Admirabletushar is highly Admirabletushar is highly Admirabletushar is highly Admirable

great we need cooler master in new delhi also
tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-08   #14
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

stonedsurd is extremely Renowned
stonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renownedstonedsurd is extremely Renowned

^uhm it's called SMC bro
One stop shop (well, almost)
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-08   #15
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Lord Nemesis is highly AdmirableLord Nemesis is highly AdmirableLord Nemesis is highly AdmirableLord Nemesis is highly AdmirableLord Nemesis is highly AdmirableLord Nemesis is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by tushar View Post
great we need cooler master in new delhi also
LOL. SMC in Delhi is the main distributor for CM Products in India. They are the ones who supply CM products to all retailers.
Rig: Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4 GHz - Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Push-Pull, Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6, 4 GB Cellshock DDR2 800 MHz 4-4-4-12, 2.1 TB HDD, 2 x Asus HD4850 in Crossfire, Audigy 2 ZS, Sony 16x DVD Writer, Corsair HX1000, Stacker 830 Evolution, Dell 2007WFP 20" WS LCD, Genius Ergo 525 Laser Mouse, Ideazon Merc Stealth Keyboard, Altec Lansing 251, Philips HP 805 Headset, Sennheiser HD 485 Headset, Aerocool Power Watch

Consoles: XBOX 360 Elite, Playstation 3 40GB
Lord Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply