Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-08-12   #1
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Megaupload Founder Accuses NZ Police of Beating Him

In Tuesday Kim Dotcom, the founder of the Megaupload online file-sharing site embroiled in U.S. piracy and fraud investigations, said on Tuesday New Zealand police punched and kicked him during a raid on his mansion.
Dotcom, a German national who is fighting extradition to the United States from New Zealand, said he was terrified during a raid in January by armed police using helicopters.

He said when he heard shouting and banging he went to a safe room, where police found him.

"And then they were all over me. I had a punch to the face, boots kicking me down to the floor," Dotcom said in court.

"I was screaming and I was in pain ... I told them there was no need for punching me or hurting me and please stop."

Acting on a request from the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), New Zealand authorities raided Dotcom's rented estate outside Auckland, confiscating computers and hard drives, art work and luxury cars.

However, the raid and seizure of evidence has since been ruled illegal and the court hearing this week is to determine what should happen to the seized material.

The FBI says Dotcom led a group that has netted $175 million since 2005 by copying and distributing music, movies and other copyrighted content without authorisation.

Lawyers for the flamboyant entrepreneur say the company simply offered online storage.

Dotcom and three others were arrested in the raid. Dotcom was kept in custody for a month before being granted bail.

The hearing is scheduled to last until Thursday.

A New Zealand court is due to hear an application from U.S. authorities to extradite Dotcom on internet piracy, money laundering and breach of copyright charges in March.

Source

Source
COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX MB520 RGB| MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI AMD| AMD Ryzen 5 3500 3rd Gen | BenQ XL2420Z 24 inch 1080P Zero Flicker Gaming| ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 AMP Extreme| | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 16 GB| Corsair TX-M Series TX850M 850 Watt| Altec Lensing VS4121 2.1| HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset| WD2x2TB, 2x500GB Caviar Green,SAMSUNG 860 EVO 2.5 inch 500GB SATA| Portable 4TB, 1TB, 2x500GB Seagate 3.0| | APC Back-UPS RS 1.1KVA 230V| ASUS Cerberus Keyboard, SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse| Samsung 22X SATA DVD Writer, Sony 24X Sata DVD Writer|Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply