Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
Max Payne 3 Review
Max Payne 3 Review
Date: 20-07-12
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: Unknown

About Author:
I thank whatever gods may be , for my unconquerable soul. I am the master of my fate , I am the captain of my soul.

Index
Graphics 
Story

Max was first introduced to us, shortly after the gruesome murder of his wife and newborn. Over time, he lost many allies and friends. The story of Max Payne 3, picks up some years after the events of Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne. He is not a cop anymore, depressed and as his life has taken a downward spiral, it has hit rock bottom. He is now living on booze and pills.

Max Payne 3, feels like a complete stand alone title, and has no real connections with the previous two titles.

The original games somehow depicted a "Film Noir" theme, but the third one is something far from it. However, Max constantly narrates everything in his own subtle way, which keeps things interesting. Max Payne is a guy who is not intimidated by death. He feels that death is better than his own hellish world.

This time, Max is given a second chance at life, as he shifts his base from New Jersey to Sao Paulo, Brazil, acting as a private bodyguard for a wealthy businessman Rodrigo Branco.

Sao Paulo is a city, which is engulfed with "favelas" and extreme poverty. From the start, Max doesnt blend in with the Broncos family.

Most of the game takes place in Sao Paulo, but New Jersey, makes a guest appearance early on. The story is linear, but there are some levels in which you have to play through a previous memory, which somehow maintains the pace of the story.

The environments are heavily varied and detailed. The Sao Paulo in the game, has a close resemblance with the real Sao Paulo. Everything was heavily researched. The city, the culture, the vibe, the weapons, the people et.al, and I must add that all that hard work has paid off pretty well.

I wont reveal any spoilers here, but the gist of the story is that Broncos wife is kidnapped, and Max goes on a roller coaster ride to save her, and bring her back. Ill say that its much more intricate than that, and some revelations at the end, makes the game setting even more depressing and sinister.

Index
Graphics 

Tools
Add to fleshfragger's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<<  <    Next Page: Graphics (Page 2 of 5)    >  >>
By fleshfragger 23-07-12
Re: Max Payne 3 Review

I hope you guys like it
By M@J!NBuu~ 23-07-12

Kill cam was just Great
By dineshk86 23-07-12

very nice review, i am actually playing this game and its story and game play is so intrigued that it makes me keep on playing till the end, played such a nice single player game after a long time. will try its multiplayer after i finished the singleplayer, meanwhile i will stick to BF3 multiplayer
By fleshfragger 23-07-12

Originally Posted by dineshk86 View Post
very nice review, i am actually playing this game and its story and game play is so intrigued that it makes me keep on playing till the end, played such a nice single player game after a long time. will try its multiplayer after i finished the singleplayer, meanwhile i will stick to BF3 multiplayer
Thanks

Yea the multiplayer is pretty mundane. Nothing to write home about

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Originally Posted by M@J!NBuu~ View Post
Kill cam was just Great
it blew me away
By Jazztecho 24-07-12
Nice review....!!!

By fleshfragger 24-07-12

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Jazztecho View Post
Nice review....!!!

By malcolmcg 24-07-12

will i be able to play max payne 3 with my onboard gpu hd4250? my hd6870 is sent for rma
By fleshfragger 24-07-12

Originally Posted by malcolmcg View Post
will i be able to play max payne 3 with my onboard gpu hd4250? my hd6870 is sent for rma

Yea....on low settings....
By malcolmcg 24-07-12

Originally Posted by fleshfragger View Post
Yea....on low settings....
it wont lag sometimes?
By fleshfragger 24-07-12

it wont lag sometimes?

it might....

wait for your primary GPU!
By malcolmcg 24-07-12

it might....

wait for your primary GPU!
my primary was sent for rma, got back from rma & sent back again as it was turning up blue screens. max payne has been waiting on gpu since so long
By fleshfragger 24-07-12

my primary was sent for rma, got back from rma & sent back again as it was turning up blue screens. max payne has been waiting on gpu since so long

blue screens?? BSODs?
By malcolmcg 24-07-12

blue screens?? BSODs?
yes
By fleshfragger 24-07-12

yes

well...you sure that was the GPUs problem?
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search