Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
Mass Effect 2 PC Review
Mass Effect 2 PC Review
The Gut wrencher is back
Date: 23-02-10
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: Aman "Cyn1c" Parmar

Pros:
Excellent voice-overs; Epic environment design; Brilliant character modeling; Better AI; Awesome weapon upgrades; Gripping storyline; Amazing personification of each character.

Cons:
Has a few bugs; Unintuitive controls; Planet scanning can be irritating.
Index
Plot & Characters 
Index

Mass Effect 2 PC Review

Introduction

It’s raining sequels all over the place and it's time for one of the most amazing action-packed role playing games ever made – Mass Effect, to return in an all new avatar – Mass Effect 2. Developed by BioWare Edmonton and published by Electronic Arts, the game was released for the Xbox 360 and PC on 26th January 2010 in North America and India. On March 2, 2009, BioWare and Electronic Arts announced that they had set up a new team, set to work at the existing EA Montreal facility. The team's main task was to develop Mass Effect 2, and it comprised around thirty developers who had worked on the original Mass Effect with the others being mostly new hires. This terrific blend of the veterans and a fresh pair of eyes were to prove BioWare’s co-founder and CEO Ray Muzyka right who stated that "the team was really excited about it, and we think it's going to be a huge opportunity to tap into the talent base in Montreal while supplementing our existing teams in Edmonton and Austin, which are doing some great stuff on all the other projects BioWare's working on."

The game doesn’t use SecuROM DRM software but instead relies on a standard disk check. The game is built atop the Unreal Engine (version 3.5) and has major improvements in the combat & weapons system, AI, art & design along with awesomely realistic character models. The colorful and vibrant galaxies with millions of twinkling gem-like stars never looked so beautiful in stark contrast with the never ending ethereal darkness. The surreal and much improved art design, as much as it adds to the visual appeal, is also of much greater symbolic importance to the underlying story, the characters and the turmoil plaguing them which makes Mass Effect 2 the complete package. Each encounter is fast paced and grips you by the throat and promises complete satisfaction as the intense battles and engrossing malevolent moments of the story unfold. Unlike most sequels, Mass Effect 2 promises to be an unforgettable and incredible experience, and has received more than 40 perfect scores (5/5, 10/10 etc.) to its credit by various review sites. So without any further delay, let’s get right to the meat of it and find out what exactly this highly anticipated and highly ranked sequel has to offer.

Index
Plot & Characters 

Tools
Add to Cyn1c's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<< <    Next Page: Plot & Characters (Page 1 of 7)    >  >>
By stonedsurd 05-03-10
Re: Mass Effect 2 PC Review

Supposed to be a great game. Very nice review Cyn1c, answers a lot of questions I had.

Has it hit retail in India yet?
By Cyn1c 05-03-10

Thanks Stoned! Yes, it has. I got it for 999/-
By The Sorcerer 05-03-10

@ cyn1c: Did you encounter an issue when you were using the big mech to clear the path in one of the mini assignments on one of the unexplored world (vague given so that it won't end up being a spoiler for the one who reads this). I was able to play on my 790gx pretty well (for an onboard) so its cool .
Last edited by stonedsurd; 05-03-10 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: Double post, removed auto-merge
By ViKiD 05-03-10

Great game great review!!
By kaiserbreath 06-03-10

Awesome detailed review like always !
I dont understand why they have to do limited edition bullsh!t and not give us everything there is to a good game !
By omi 6933 07-03-10

Awesome game till now i have played
By shack_duke 10-03-10

really nice game ... and does not need hardware like crysis to run in max settings ... easy on GPU ... i like it ..
By alfredbond 18-03-10

I played the first mass effect and loved its ability to tell a story. When i made choices. It wasn’t as if I was just choosing black or which, I enjoyed that there where Grey areas. And I have to say i agree with all the good things said about this next game in my current play through. Thanks to mass effect, kotor, and dragon age I’ve become a bioware fan. I look forward to their games in the future if those are any indication of what they can do.
By stonedsurd 18-03-10

Originally Posted by alfredbond View Post
I played the first mass effect and loved its ability to tell a story. When i made choices. It wasn’t as if I was just choosing black or which, I enjoyed that there where Grey areas.
I couldn't agree more. I'm in the middle of ME1 and enjoying every bit. Top notch stuff. Not dissimilar to MW2, HL2 and other games that tell stupendous stories that tie in seamlessly with the gameplay.
By Dr.Hojay 27-03-10

strangely i found the planet scanning ( mining ) very addictive ! awesome game.i really should have played me1 but i didnt - i would have loved this game even more than i'm loving it now.
By omi 6933 12-04-10

Great game great review!!
By aqswde123 21-06-10

EPIC game
By vaibhavl 14-06-12

Great game!!! And really nice review....
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search