Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Hardware and Case Mods
Register Forgot Password?

Old 11-03-15   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
Making of Snow Lion

Hi, to start with this is all about a new build... and am starting this right from the scratch how things really took shape..

The basic idea started with the ASUS Sabertooth Mark S, the arctic camo themed motherboard that they released a few months back. I had a few Sabertooth motherboards before (P67/Z77) and this one looked like the ‘one’. Then luckily I got my hands on a Corsair 780T white edition and thought to myself ‘Hey, why not a white themed build?

When I reached out to Asus India with my plan, they responded by agreeing to be the sponsor for this build. Apart from the centerpiece Z97 Sabertooth Mark S, they will also be sending me the GPU for this build - the Strix GTX 980.

But first thing that came to my mind was that an all-white build may not look that attractive after all. Being from a design background myself, I started to think in a different way. I thought that to make it more beautiful I should have contrasting colors around it. Black was an obvious choice, and I also chose grey since it went well with the entire arctic-camo theme.

So to make the build I choose three colors-

The base platform to be White
Black
And Grey or silver to break and neutralize everything.

Why snow Lion:

Snow Lions are elusive, powerful creatures. The rarity of them seen in the wild has made them somewhat mythical. I wanted that aura associated with this build – a sense of power, a sense of rarity, and a sense of beauty – all mixed into one.

Logo:

For the logo, however, I wanted the lion, not the snow lion. The lion’s manes always gave an impression of its power, so I initially drew three logos.

After a bit of thinking and positioning, I chose this one to be the final logo for the build.

BULLZI, ChironX and CloudVII like this.
Intel 2600k, Asus Sabertooth z77, Zotac gtx 660/ EVGA Gtx 590 hydro copper edition, Gskill Aeres 2133 Mhz 2x4gb, XSpc Cpu Block, ICE Gtx 360mm Rad, Bitspower tube reservor, Intel 520 256gb SSD, Intel 520 60gb SSD, WD Black 750gb, WD AV GP 3TB, WD Green 2 TB, Phantom 820/ Corsair 780t, AOC 23" 3D monitor, Rat7/ Corsair M 60, Logitech G 110, 6 Corsair Sp 120 HP fans, Noise blocker 120mm, Corsair AP120L, Swiftech Helix, Bitfenix PSU cables, Tagan BZ 900/ Corsair AX 760i

Last edited by itssanjib; 11-03-15 at 07:53 PM.
itssanjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-15   #2
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

itssanjib is Notable
Re: Making of Snow Lion

The basic plan:

The Corsair 780T can house one 360mm radiator on top, one 360mm radiator at the front and a 240mm Radiator at the bottom.
For this build I will be using a single Black Ice GTX 360 Gen 2.0 Extreme radiator. It is 54mm thick and can be easily held on top of the 780T with push/pull.

The HD bays are placed in the stock position; they can be removed and adjusted. But instead of 2 HDD bays i decided to go with one as a single bay can host around 4 HDDs and there is a nice setup on the back to mount 3 SSDs. This will also help in uninterrupted airflow from the front.

To highlight the mobo, the colour inside the cabinet is kept black, with white paint job on some parts.

I am also adding in some covers- PSU cover, a cover for the front replacing the stock black mesh, and a cover for the top replacing the top mesh.

[attachment=0]1012968_10204379723626937_8038219489784020850_n copy.jpg[/attachment]

There is markings for the 120 mm and 140 mm fans on top to help in mounting the fans,

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

And now some pictures of the stuffs that I am using

The Black ICE GTX Gen two xtreme 360 radiator

[/url]

[/url]

Fans

Fans in my collection:
3 pcs SP120 High Performance edition fans of 2350 rpm
4 pcs Noise blocker Ultra silent xlp- 120mm fans of 2000 rpm
3 pcs Swiftec Helix [the stock fans that comes with the H320]
3 pcs Corsair SP120L of 2700 rpm

Airflow:

Three 120mm fans will be pushing cold air into the cabinet, preferably- SP120 High Performance edition fans of 2350 rpm
A single 140 mm white LED stock corsair fan at the back as an exhaust.

Lastly, three 120 mm fans below the radiator mounted on top of the cabinet to push the air through the radiator- preferably- Helix 120mm or corsair SP120 high performance edition fans or Noise blocker 120mm fans will be used for this purpose.

If needed i can also get 3 pcs Silverstone SST AP121 white air penetrator 120mm.

Looking forward for suggestions on the airflow and placement of the fans.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Some camera work with some fittings

Tube reservoir

ChironX likes this.

Last edited by itssanjib; 25-03-15 at 01:48 PM.
Old 23-03-15   #3
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

ratheeshkannan is very Notable

Getting meaty ...
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE 3.4GHz (OC In Progress) -=- ASUS - M5A97 R2.0 -=- ASUS AMD HD 7970 CU II Top -=- Transcend DDR3 1333 4Gb x 2 -=- Seagate 2tb SATA III -=- ADATA Premier Pro 64 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive - SATA III -=- Corsair TX650M -=- NZXT Phantom 410 - Samsung 22x - DVD Combo drive -=- Asus Xonar DG Soundcard -=- Creative T6060 5.1 Speakers -=- TVS Bharath Gold Mechanical Keyboard -=- Razer Naga Mouse -=- Logitech C310 - HD Webcam -=- Dell 2420L FHD 24" LED -=- APC 650 -=- Antec Kuhler 920 Liquid CPU Cooler -=-

Canon 70D -=- Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C -=- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens -=- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens -=- Nissin Di866 MARK II (For Canon) Flash -=- Lowepro Orion DayPack 200 Backpack -=-
ratheeshkannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-15   #4
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

itssanjib is Notable

Some try outs with the fans:

Aerocool DS Dead Silence Fan, the design of the fan is so cool that i couldn't ignore it but I cant get my hands on to those lovely looking fans, so thought of transforming the the cool design in the Sp120s that i have. First i tried out with some reflective vinyles. These vinyle is mainly used for road signages, as with mild lights on them they seem to be glowing. and they have a fine hexagonal mesh kind of look on them.

here are some pictures.

With black marker pen tried to draw the curved lines that is going to give the Ring effect when the fan will be running.

The fans looking fine, spinning perfectly without any noise and RPM drops. now to check them on the radiator how well the sticker stays on the blades. As i have found some of the corners of the vinyl is peeling off as the the vinyl is thick and a bit hard. If this thing doesn't stays on the blade then will have to look for some other alternatives.
BULLZI, csunit37 and MadDog like this.

Last edited by itssanjib; 24-03-15 at 02:53 PM.
Old 28-03-15   #5
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

itssanjib is Notable

The vinyl stickers started falling from the blades, so replaced it with simple sticker paper, they r thin and quite sticky.

from the vinyl stickers i got he proper measurements of the blades and as per that I draw the rounds and took printouts on the sticker and it went quite good so started with the painting of the body and the final fabrication of the blades. The pictures are as follows

First masking the electrical part with tape and the removal of the rubbers from all the four corners

and the rings

Spray cans for the paint job

After the first coat of white matte paint

The final body of the fan after 3 coats of paint

Now the Blades

Fenix likes this.
Old 28-03-15   #6
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

itssanjib is Notable

The vinyl stickers started falling from the blades, so replaced it with simple sticker paper, they r thin and quite sticky.

from the vinyl stickers i got he proper measurements of the blades and as per that I draw the rounds and took printouts on the sticker and it went quite good so started with the painting of the body and the final fabrication of the blades. The pictures are as follows

First masking the electrical part with tape and the removal of the rubbers from all the four corners

and the rings

Spray cans for the paint job

After the first coat of white matte paint

The final body of the fan after 3 coats of paint

The new Stickers are ready

Now the Blades

so to check how its gone a look and any noise or friction of the stickers with the body, while spinning

As everything went well and the sticker was also staying on the blade, so started mounting the fans

The all three fans in Line

Fenix likes this.
Old 28-03-15   #7
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

I am curious to see how much can the 2600k go under WC. On Air the max i have achieved it 4.4 . Do post your OC shots. Why not a 900D ?
itssanjib likes this.
Old 28-03-15   #8
Cat in the rat race
Community Coordinator
Incognito

ChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly FamedChironX is highly Famed

^ The particular chip he's using can do 5.3GHz easily and stable too.

itssanjib likes this.
Old 28-03-15   #9
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

itssanjib is Notable

@Fenix... this 2600k runs on 4.4k for normal usage.. it idles at 41 and on load it goes to 65 max.. during 3d rendering.

as for OC

Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 5230.0MHz - 1048 XTU marks on HWBOT

i chose 780t mainly bcos its quite cheaper than 900d, and i Got hte white version. At that time switch 810 was also available but only black version was there, so i opted to get this, the only 1 that was available in kolkata at that time and probably the first one in India.

And it does hav a very unique thing that i liked most is the easy latch on the side panels, usually am too lazzy to always mount the side panels.. but here its so easy and handy tat i never keep the side panel open...
Old 29-03-15   #10
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Common Sense - A Superpower

Fenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly AdmirableFenix is highly Admirable

I dont have a sabertooth mobo . How much did this cabinet cost you. I have always wanted to do a LC set up that too dual loop but too lazy for me.
Post more pictures.

Last edited by Fenix; 29-03-15 at 02:09 PM.
Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-15   #11
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

itssanjib is Notable

Sorry for the long gap, as I was a bit busy with my father, as he was hospitalized.... now he is back home and the post continues....

its time for some psu cables sleeving, maintaining the colours of the build... the white, grey and black.. but as Asus India has sent me a Gtx 980 matrix platinum i have to include the red colour also in this list....

for cable sleeving am using Pre-sleeved cables, with black male and female connectors, here is what i have tried to do and this is how it looks

ChironX and Peter like this.
Old 06-05-15   #12
teh nuB!

ADrupada is Mysterious

Cant wait to see the finished product
Also how much did the whole setup cost?
ADrupada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-15   #13
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

itssanjib is Notable

Now its time for the surprises from Asus India

the much awaited Sabertooth Z97 mark S

After the uusal unboxing, I couldnt ersist myself from putting the XSPC cpu block with white painted plate and screw on it, to check how its gone a look.

Now the beast

In the mean time Paint jobs for some parts and accessories

To check how its gone a look

Old 14-05-15   #14
teh nuB!

Rig Gallery

itssanjib is Notable

Thanks Kingston India for the Rams

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Here comes the thanks giving label for SnowLion

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Originally Posted by ADrupada View Post
Cant wait to see the finished product
Also how much did the whole setup cost?
Its partly sponsored by Asus India and Kingston India, so wont be able to calculate the cost,
Old 15-05-15   #15
Section Moderator
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great

man .. this is some serious hard work .. and a gorgeous rig ... white is looking fabulous .. waiting for the complete built !!
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply