Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 15-09-12   #16
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Re: M5g Vs the Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 or Your Choice of Z77 Motherboard

Originally Posted by Timon View Post
I will send a message in TE and in GTalk too.
His Gmail ID is sumonpathak@gmail.com

I hope it will help you to get your answer from his mouth in Gtalk.
Thanks for the mail id , he helped a lot on gmail .
bobthebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-12   #17
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Timon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
Thanks for the mail id , he helped a lot on gmail .
Did he talk to you in Gtalk. Awesome; now all your problem related to OC is over.
COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX MB520 RGB| MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI AMD| AMD Ryzen 5 3500 3rd Gen | BenQ XL2420Z 24 inch 1080P Zero Flicker Gaming| ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 AMP Extreme| | G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 16 GB| Corsair TX-M Series TX850M 850 Watt| Altec Lensing VS4121 2.1| HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset| WD2x2TB, 2x500GB Caviar Green,SAMSUNG 860 EVO 2.5 inch 500GB SATA| Portable 4TB, 1TB, 2x500GB Seagate 3.0| | APC Back-UPS RS 1.1KVA 230V| ASUS Cerberus Keyboard, SteelSeries Rival 600 Gaming Mouse| Samsung 22X SATA DVD Writer, Sony 24X Sata DVD Writer|Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-12   #18
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

bobthebuilder is very Notable

Did he talk to you in Gtalk. Awesome; now all your problem related to OC is over.
yes i meant gtalk , sorry
Old 15-09-12   #19
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Timon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly Admirable

yes i meant gtalk , sorry
Cool; But today he[ @Sumonpathak ] login to erodov 12 hours ago. I think he came to your thread for checking your problem.
Old 15-09-12   #20
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Cool; But today he[ @Sumonpathak ] login to erodov 12 hours ago. I think he came to your thread for checking your problem.
how can he login when he is banned ?
Old 15-09-12   #21
teh geeK!
[E]onian

how can he login when he is banned ?
I don't know how did he login to ERODOV, But i check his profile and it's said he login 12 hours ago, Because to check this banned stuff and then login, we need to get banned and then we know much better, But I'm not interested in going banned stuff, I love to login like this and check all the thread. So we need to leave this topic of banned over now, Otherwise if MOD's and ADMIN love our post and banned us then we are also doing the same stuff like he did 12 hours ago.
Old 15-09-12   #22
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

I don't know how did he login to ERODOV, But i check his profile and it's said he login 12 hours ago, Because to check this banned stuff and then login, we need to get banned and then we know much better, But I'm not interested in going banned stuff, I love to login like this and check all the thread. So we need to leave this topic of banned over now, Otherwise if MOD's and ADMIN love our post and banned us then we are also doing the same stuff like he did 12 hours ago.
hehe , yea , lets leave this topic
Old 19-09-12   #23
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Guys had decided on the V gene but rethinking on the value . I am not looking for some super high overclocks anyway .
Am looking for 4.4 - 4.5 Ghz on my i5 3570k later on not now . Currently owners are saying you simply dont need an overclock on this proccy at the moment .
Its so fast even at stock . But when I need , it should do it ,

I was thinking of going for an ATX board , which would provide more space and help out in heat management also .

Was considering the G1 Sniper 3 and Asus V pro and Asrock Z77 Extreme4 , etc . Am in real Dilemma . Please help me out .
Btw a funny incident , called Prime to get he cost for Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 , he quoted 28k , I dont think its that costly , might be out of stock ! .

Was considering Asrock E4 initially but changed mind after a friend pointed out that it has memory failure issues .
It surprisingly overclocks well with people at 4.5 ghz stable on ivy .
So thought buy it at 10.5 and add some 4-5 k sound card , killer value but if memory fails , wont avoid at best .
Also the internet controller is broadcom ! .

What other options do I have ? .

am tired of getting confused ! . Please gimme some solution
Old 19-09-12   #24
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Daytona 675 ftw-_-

nitinbalyan is very Honorablenitinbalyan is very Honorable

You can look at Asus Maximus 5 Formula ~ 22.5k

PS : I have sold almost 10+ Extreme 4 without any memory issues. One guy has reported issue with dual channel but it was rectified by resetting cpu. So if you think Ext4 will hurt you in future then you can go ahead with Extreme 6 ~ 13k
nitinbalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-12   #25
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by nitinbalyan View Post
You can look at Asus Maximus 5 Formula ~ 22.5k

PS : I have sold almost 10+ Extreme 4 without any memory issues. One guy has reported issue with dual channel but it was rectified by resetting cpu. So if you think Ext4 will hurt you in future then you can go ahead with Extreme 6 ~ 13k
Thanks Nitin ,
V formula is freaking outta budget . And its almost overpriced by 8k from abroad prices , am not interested in paying that high a premium for a board I am not going to utilize its full potential . Am not going for LN2 and stuff , at similar cost boards some with wifi and lots of other usable features .

Max 15-16k . Please suggest something in my budget .

Yea I have seen Extreme4 or 6 in almost all your builds .
Old 19-09-12   #26
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Daytona 675 ftw-_-

nitinbalyan is very Honorablenitinbalyan is very Honorable

Thanks Nitin ,
V formula is freaking outta budget . And its almost overpriced by 8k from abroad prices , am not interested in paying that high a premium for a board I am not going to utilize its full potential . Am not going for LN2 and stuff , at similar cost boards some with wifi and lots of other usable features .

Max 15-16k . Please suggest something in my budget .

Yea I have seen Extreme4 or 6 in almost all your builds .
Extreme 6 and 4 are good and their service providers are Digicare which is known for quick and best RMA service providers.

Asrock Signs Digicare For RMA Support
nitinbalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-12   #27
Banned
Curious Troll! :P

Dave is very HonorableDave is very Honorable

@bobthebuilder "Am looking for 4.4 - 4.5 Ghz on my i5 3570k later on not now". I believe you can get somewhere around that just by increasing the multiplier. It was possible on the i5 2500k.
Dont spend too much unnecessarily.
Old 19-09-12   #28
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by nitinbalyan View Post
Extreme 6 and 4 are good and their service providers are Digicare which is known for quick and best RMA service providers.

Asrock Signs Digicare For RMA Support
Thanks a lot ,
Are these the same as gigabyte service providers , sorry dont know much in this aspect .

Also am planning on planking a thermalright silver arrow on the motherboard , would it bend it or create problems with it ? .
What I have seen again in your builds is mostly Hyper 212 evo , but that is not so heavy right ? .

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

Originally Posted by K417D View Post
@bobthebuilder "Am looking for 4.4 - 4.5 Ghz on my i5 3570k later on not now". I believe you can get somewhere around that just by increasing the multiplier. It was possible on the i5 2500k.
Dont spend too much unnecessarily.
Thanks brother ,
Ivy and sandy totally different when it comes to overclocking capability , I feel like kicking intel in the arse ! .

And even on Sandy I dont think thats possible without increasing voltages . Voltages are the real game here in motherboards ! .

Yea dont want to spend unnecessarily , thats why trying to cut costs .

Was thinking of a full blown build before , h100 with v gene and i5 3570k = 38k

Now thinking of Silver arrow + some cheaper mobo ( lets say Asrock Z77 E4 ) + 3570k = 28-29k .

Because I dont feel Ivy is that great , would let it last 3 yrs and then throw it out . Go for broadwell or later .
That saved 10k could go in there or a better cabby at the moment .

I dont think 500R can handle the Silver Arrow properly because of weak sides .
Old 19-09-12   #29
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Sdhr Bhati is Notable

Originally Posted by K417D View Post
@bobthebuilder "Am looking for 4.4 - 4.5 Ghz on my i5 3570k later on not now". I believe you can get somewhere around that just by increasing the multiplier. It was possible on the i5 2500k. Dont spend too much unnecessarily.

yes kai is right u can get that much by increasing multiplier but its not that easy as u have to increase voltage and with ivy bridge because of added extra heat it becomes difficult..ivy bridge generates much heat as compared to sandy bridge when overclocked

@bobthebuilder
dont spend that much on motherboard if u really want to balance out things then spend on cpu cooling by this u can get more and stable overclocks

go for extreme 4 or extreme 6

Last edited by Sdhr Bhati; 19-09-12 at 03:35 AM.
Sdhr Bhati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-12   #30
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by Sdhr Bhati View Post
yes kai is right u can get that much by increasing multiplier but its not that easy as u have to increase voltage and with ivy bridge because of added extra heat it becomes difficult..ivy bridge generates much heat as compared to sandy bridge when overclocked

@bobthebuilder
dont spend that much on motherboard if u really want to balance out things then spend on cpu cooling by this u can get more and stable overclocks

go for extreme 4 or extreme 6
Thanks
How is the silver arrow ? .
I liked its price , much lower than similar performing H100 and D14 . But the D14 screams quality !! . H100 at 7k seems steep .

The only fear I had it of compatibility and weight . Will the Silver arrow bend my motherboard ? .

Also noctua has great mount support and that also for free . So if tomorrow some new socket comes out and I change mobo and CPU , I can still use the cooler, that I feel is amazing . But again its 2k more than Silver Arrow . But if there is no option what can be done .

Am trying to spend on sensible things like CPU , cabinet , psu , etc . But can spend that extra bit if there is no other option ! .
Post New Thread  Reply