Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
M5 Gaming Mousepad Review
M5 Gaming Mousepad Review
Virtue often lies among the lowly
Date: 29-01-10
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: Aman "Cyn1c" Parmar

Index
Specifications and Initial Impressions 
Index

M5 Gaming Mouse Pad Review

Introduction

Gamers across the world have been on a constant hunt for the best gaming gear available out there. Start from the gaming grade sound cards, big screen monitors and video cards which would make your jaw drop, to the amazing line of keyboards, mice and headsets that give the gamers the edge, they require over their opponents in this competitive battle for supremacy. All this technology and hardware aside, when the moment of truth arrives, a gamer pushes his/her senses and the hardware at his/her disposal to the limits. Your hands do what your brain commands but depending on the hardware youíre using, sometimes, you end up doing what you did not intend to do. Some gamers have, over the course of time, ended up losing their gear at an airport while on their way to participate in a gaming tournament and lost the tournament because of it. That inky winky keypress, that traction, that smoothness is THAT crucial!

The market is flooded with gaming mice that promise 5000 dpi engines, on-the-fly dpi changes, latest in sensor technology, LCD screens, 15 buttons for quick macros and what not. But what good is that mouse of yours, if the surface youíre running it on is not good enough? Mouse pads have played a very instrumental role in the overall growth of competitive gaming. Gamers who for one or the other reason are not a part of the professional circuit end up idolizing their favorite players and try to match their style. This essentially involves tweaking their configuration files, their mouse settings, their keyboard shortcuts/binds and using the same mouse pad as their favorite players. Gaming gear makers like Ideazon, Everglide and Steelseries have a very established name in the industry because of the mouse pads and other gaming gear they make. However, weíre here to look at a product from a rather silent and unknown entrant that I managed to get my hands on. It has been only a day since I received it, in its not-so-fancy packaging - as compared to my Kinzu bundle or paper-backed Qck case. It comes in a simple, no bells and whistles plastic shell.

In my quest for that perfect mouse pad, Iíve spent quite some time doing my research and have collected some of the best mouse pads known in the casual as well as pro-gaming circuit today. My collection consists of three Steel Series Qck Minis, a Qck Mass, a Qck heavy, a Qck+, MiBR, SK and MYM limited edition monster mats, Everglide Titan Fnatic edition monster mat, Razer Exactmat bundle, Razer Mantis Speed, Razer Sphex, and the Goliathus speed edition. That makes the M5 gaming mouse pad my 15th mouse mat. Wait what? M5 gaming mouse pad? Never heard of it right? Well, thatís why weíre here and so without further ado, letís dive right into the review and check out this slick and smooth cloth mat.

Index
Specifications and Initial Impressions 

Tools
Add to Cyn1c's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<< <    Next Page: Specifications and Initial Impressions (Page 1 of 3)    >  >>
By vijayninel 06-02-10
Re: M5 Gaming Mousepad Review

The artwork on the pad is pretty awesome too. Thanks for the great review Cyn1c.
By ViKiD 06-02-10

Sweet review Aman!
By Superfrag 07-02-10

Nice review!
By thebanik 07-02-10

Great review Aman, raped and dugged, ....time for work vijay,
By Kaneunderground 07-02-10

U shud be nuts if ur buying a pad just for gaming..
By Superfrag 07-02-10

Apparently you dont know anything or havent even tried one. So please try one before commenting.
By thebanik 07-02-10

Originally Posted by Kaneunderground View Post
U shud be nuts if ur buying a pad just for gaming..
lol, we have some of the best gamers in India, in competitive gaming remarks like these are considered as coming from noobs which undoubtedly seems to be true. Even if not in competitive gaming try one of the high end mousepads and then think of commenting....
When you do not have knowledge about something, better solution is to keep quite, I am sorry if I sound rude, section mods are free to delete my comment.
By ViKiD 07-02-10

Damn at least leave something for me to comment on Superfag and Banik!

Anyways.... heard about the special underwear fRod is wearing these days while gaming?
By mav2000 08-02-10

so whats it cost?
By Cyn1c 08-02-10

The price should be in the range of Rs. 500 - Rs. 700. Mediahome would be in a better position to answer this for you.
By stonedsurd 08-02-10

That's a great price as compared to the QcK Mass - and the QcK doesn't even have fancy graphics
By Cyn1c 08-02-10

This seems to be more along the lines of OEM stuff Ever wondered who makes the mouse pads for SS, Razer etc?
By stonedsurd 08-02-10

Ah so. That makes sense.
By omi 6933 01-03-10

awesome review
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search