Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Cooling and Overclocking
Register Forgot Password?

Old 23-02-11   #61
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Re: LN2 At It's Worst

Dude...
Check LN2 thread.
Also, that's kinda the point, they don't give internal shots as these pots can be made by anybody, and these designs take a lot of work to perfect.
@Man: Check Bangalore LN2 meet thread.
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-11   #62
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

matoind is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Sumonpathak View Post
^^^^^^^^d program is dormant i guess
am playing with CAD right now...will post something when i get d chance
Finding the right material is the most important task. Copper Rods available in the market generally and surely will have impurities such as zinc, lead and tin, Phosphorous etc.. The conductivity of the Copper reduces from 92% IACS to 50% if 0.05% phosphorous is added. The irony is that all local furnaces add phophorous for deoxidation. (Thats why you should be cables from good brands like finolex). Even 0.02% of Phosphorous reduced conductivity from 100% to 85%.

There are some Shops (Eg: New India Metals in Chawri Bazaar, Delhi) that keep High conducity copper . But even then, he will only give if he knows that you will get it tested. Best material is Oxygen free Copper.

There is not so much of a design issue. The idea is that the copper must quickly absorb the heat and pass it to the LN2. And if it does not do that, then it will not be a record breaker. But machining pure copper is not very easy. But if someone has good machines (CNC milling) and proper tools, it should be a breeze. Infact a CAD design can directly run the machine. Maybe if someone has a milling, he can make some grooves in the Inner Dia to for better contact with LN2. But then it will be difficult to clean. I am not sure how efficient are the tarnishes surfaces!

But low cost is only possible if done in bulk.

For more information on conductivity check the link : Electrical Conductivity of Materials

Thermal and electrical conductivity have apprx the same ratio:

Check the site : http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/th...als-d_858.html
matoind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-11   #63
Man
teh priesT!
[E]onian
it takes one to know one

Man is highly ReputableMan is highly ReputableMan is highly ReputableMan is highly Reputable

Originally Posted by matoind View Post
Finding the right material is the most important task. Copper Rods available in the market generally and surely will have impurities such as zinc, lead and tin, Phosphorous etc.. The conductivity of the Copper reduces from 92% IACS to 50% if 0.05% phosphorous is added. The irony is that all local furnaces add phophorous for deoxidation. (Thats why you should be cables from good brands like finolex). Even 0.02% of Phosphorous reduced conductivity from 100% to 85%.

There are some Shops (Eg: New India Metals in Chawri Bazaar, Delhi) that keep High conducity copper . But even then, he will only give if he knows that you will get it tested. Best material is Oxygen free Copper.

There is not so much of a design issue. The idea is that the copper must quickly absorb the heat and pass it to the LN2. And if it does not do that, then it will not be a record breaker. But machining pure copper is not very easy. But if someone has good machines (CNC milling) and proper tools, it should be a breeze. Infact a CAD design can directly run the machine. Maybe if someone has a milling, he can make some grooves in the Inner Dia to for better contact with LN2. But then it will be difficult to clean. I am not sure how efficient are the tarnishes surfaces!

But low cost is only possible if done in bulk.

For more information on conductivity check the link : Electrical Conductivity of Materials

Thermal and electrical conductivity have apprx the same ratio:

Check the site : Thermal Conductivity of Metals
Thanks matoind, but I'm aware of these facts about copper conductivity (I specialize in it )
Have all the forged copper( or e copper commonly called) sources lined up
Have all the machines needed to do the job (although tooling will be required & april may be the best time for machine availability)
As far as low cost of production is concerned, I see two ways of doing it.
One like you said doing it in bulk & the other is to make a hybrid system, the bottom part build of copper & the cylindrical tube made of aluminium.
But brazing copper with aluminium is not a joke, let's just say they both hate each other.
Also they both have different coefficient of thermal expansion, which means that the kind of thermal difference between room & subzero's is huge & it may crack from that very joint.

Therefore I believe that the design issue is of utmost importance (especially if we plan to break any records)
Another important thing you missed out on was how fast heat should be absorbed from the CPU.
It is not always a good idea to very quickly absorb heat from the chip . If it was a water or air cooled system, one can say very fast heat transfer required , hence have a very thin bottom (as the temp difference between cool water/air & CPU is not too high)
If the same were to be done with a pot, the chip will break due to sudden thermal stress.
Therefore pots have thicker bottoms so that heat is extracted at a certain rate & there is no chill effect destroying a $1000/- chip in seconds
No wonder I hold design in such high importance
Intel i7 6700 | EK HF supreme full nickel | ASUS Z170 gaming pro | Gskill 2x8gb C9 2300mhz | GTX 970 | MS wireless MM k/b & mouse | OCZ 240GB Revodrive II | Danger Den Water Box Plus | DD Aqua Drive II | Asus Xonar D2X | Logitec G930 7.1 headphones | APC 1 kw ups | Sony 40HX800 LED 3DTV with Nvidia 3DPlay | Oculus on the way

Last edited by Man; 27-02-11 at 02:44 AM.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-11   #64
Man
teh priesT!
[E]onian
it takes one to know one

Man is highly ReputableMan is highly ReputableMan is highly ReputableMan is highly Reputable

I can see Vijaynine is back
Will it possible for us to see the good stuff?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-11   #65
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Computer Crazzy

kidpikoon is sickeningly Dreadfulkidpikoon is sickeningly Dreadful

OMG

Cant even understand which part is which....
Post New Thread  Reply