Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > General Hardware and Peripherals
Register Forgot Password?

Old 04-10-10   #1
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
A Little House Keeping!!!

well guys...i bought The CM ELITE 430(first one in kolkata) a few months back.......didn't have the time to do cable management(darn exam)...but over the last weekend i did manage get some result.So here they are....

the top fans(posted on special request from an friend)

the end result

a simple patchmod for extending the 4pin cpu power cable....

so here's what i cud manage with an Foxin Turbo power psu on CM 430....
i need more suggestion on how cud i improve it.....

and please go easy on me
tell me anything except getting an New PSU

pour in your suggestion and criticism guys....
TIA
Cheers

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10   #2
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great
Re: A Little House Keeping!!!

Get a new PSU.
And post better pics please, not able to see much of your famed cable management skills.
GTX580 Twin Frozr II
Silent Pro M700
Tempest 410 Elite
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10   #3
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

sure thing.....
someone gift me an camera....will post some more pics tomorrow..........
what do you think of the patch mod?

BTW i didnt say it was famed
Old 04-10-10   #4
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Hurr durr durr durhurr durr hu

Regranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply GreatRegranter Maradis is simply Great

You're better than me. I just tape the loose cables to the cabinet...but its an i ball i612, so no biggie.
Regranter Maradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10   #5
Xeo
Th[E] Troll
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Papa Donger

Xeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply GreatXeo is simply Great

No what I meant is remove the side panel and take a pic of the setup from the side.
Its easier to recommend stuff.
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10   #6
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

ya...i had that pic...but it got corrupted...will take one tomorrow...............
Old 05-10-10   #7
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable

Your top fans are acting as intakes, as is your rear fan.

Top = exhaust, Bottom = intake. Regular people have their rear fans exhaust while front serves as intake. However, akS had a reverse setup. He had his rear as intake with his TRUE fan pulling in air ( it's pretty close to push-pull ) and top exhaust. He didn't upload the rest of his pc's innards though :S.

And wtf. Your side fan is an intake as well. Dude, you'll have terrible airflow. Where are your exhaust fans at?

I'd suggest.. Change both the top fans to exhaust, leave the rear fan and window fan as intakes.

As for cable management, you can go hardcore and get zip ties to tie up your cables or use electrical tape. Why not follow JD666's CM430 cable management thread?

You can coil the sata cables around a phallic object ( lolz ) to make them look like springs, but also look less ugly.

And can you not run your cables behind the case? My case was so neat before I got my 4670 that I could use wires to prop up fans on the mobo ( was OC'ing the onboard gfx so yeah ). I'll be doing some cable management myself tomorrow.

I'll be changing my rear fan to an intake cuz its closer to the CPU and it'll keep the processor cool, while the hot air exhausted from the cpu will go toward the PSU and exhausted out the back again. My 4670 has another 80mm fan pushing cool air toward it from the front of the case, but there's an unused open slot at the back for air to come out.

So change
Desktop - Core i5 4670K - 4.2Ghz @ 1.16v | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 | Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | Sapphire R7 250X 1GB DDR5 | HD555 | Fiio E7 | Ikari Optical | TVS Gold | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD + Seagate 7200.10 500GB | Seagate Expansion 2TB USB3 | BenQ GW2255HM

Mobile - iPhone 5S Gold 16GB - 7.0.3 Jailbroken; Nexus 7 - Stock 4.4.2; Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Headset.
Aumkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10   #8
Banned

Rig Gallery

erm...the top fans are exhaust......the fans are placed like this:
top 2 and rear=exhaust
bottom,front and side panel as intake
for cable management i have gone hard core with zipties and all,tucked up all the messy fan cables in the floppy drive bay.....

more pics coming soon...now at college
Old 05-10-10   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable

Erm, if you look at your pictures, you'll realize theyre intakes and not exhaust.
Old 05-10-10   #10
Banned

Rig Gallery

wth....then the airflow markings on the fans are wrong

will check on the evening......
Old 05-10-10   #11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Lol.. The airflow always goes from the open side of the fan ( where people usually put grills ) to the fan frame ( which holds up the magnets ) Even if you look at your first pic, you'll see thats blatantly wrong :S
Old 05-10-10   #12
Banned

Rig Gallery

hmm.....alr8...let me get back home.........tell me one thing....i have patched the 4pin cpu cable,will it do any harm if i keep it that way?
Old 05-10-10   #13
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

As long as youve patched it well, I dont see any problem with it.
Old 05-10-10   #14
Banned

Rig Gallery

UPDATE
when i checked i found the pics posted in the first post were old(was fiddling with the airflow then)...
here are the new pics.....(sorry for the bad pics,taken from Nokia 5130 XM)
THE EXHAUST FANS

My attempt at the cable management

what do you think guys?
Old 05-10-10   #15
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Erm, if you keep the pc on that stool and close the case, you'll have just the front intake fan..

And well, you need to route all the cables behind the drive bays if you can. Here's a pic of mine taken just now. I haven't even done any cable management yet.
Attached Thumbnails
>img_1089.jpg  
Post New Thread  Reply