Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Android Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 20-01-11   #136
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Re: The LG Optimus One P500 Thread

I am also using optimus one, with 8gb class 4 card. I purchased with 4gb class 4 but later upgraded to 8gb. No issues with the 8gb card, but i suggest you to buy atleast 8gb class4 card so there will not be any lags.
desitechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-11   #137
Xjo
teh nuB!
[E]onian

Xjo is Mysterious

Originally Posted by desitechi View Post
I am also using optimus one, with 8gb class 4 card. I purchased with 4gb class 4 but later upgraded to 8gb. No issues with the 8gb card, but i suggest you to buy atleast 8gb class4 card so there will not be any lags.

how much did it cost?
Xjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-11   #138
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

b00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famed

Originally Posted by Godlike! View Post
What do you mean? I'll take care not to reply to your queries now.
Woah whats that about? Didn't mean to say what you felt.
MSI Geforce GTX470 Twin Frozr II|BenQ G2420HD|Mcsft Reclusa|MX-518|NZXT Tempest EVO
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits|Logitech Z506|Philips Ear-Gear SHL5003
Android Handhelds: HTC Google Nexus One| Cyanogenmod7.1/MIUI 1.8.5 "Android 2.3.5" w/ 8gb SD|Dell Studio 15 Laptop
b00gieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-11   #139
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

b00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famedb00gieMan is highly Famed
Finally got tapatalk working.. Yay !

Agreed to siddhesh on angry birds but you can try to disable data background and gprs and wifi.. This prevents it from loading adds hence reduced the lag a lot.. Try it out.

Old 21-01-11   #140
Xjo
teh nuB!
[E]onian

Xjo is Mysterious

And me gonna be permanent now in this thread... got OP1 \m/... 12.6k at mobilestore
Old 21-01-11   #141
teh nuB!

gatsri is Mysterious

@Xjo >> I use the SD card which came with the stock ( 2GB) Even I am planning to upgrade ! Even i need to find out about that..
Old 21-01-11   #142
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable

Guys, use AdFree to disable ads on your phone.
Desktop - Core i5 4670K - 4.2Ghz @ 1.16v | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 | Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | Sapphire R7 250X 1GB DDR5 | HD555 | Fiio E7 | Ikari Optical | TVS Gold | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD + Seagate 7200.10 500GB | Seagate Expansion 2TB USB3 | BenQ GW2255HM

Mobile - iPhone 5S Gold 16GB - 7.0.3 Jailbroken; Nexus 7 - Stock 4.4.2; Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Headset.
Aumkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-11   #143
teh nuB!

gatsri is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Siddhesh222 View Post
Nice review gatsri and nice HIMYM reference .

Agree with most of your points. Btw have you rooted? If you haven't, then you yet are to relish the true experience of Android, my friend. .

Well Angry Birds lags because of coding issue, even noob ipod 2g's can run it without lag. And I can play nfs shift without lag so angry birds should technically work flawlessly.

Well actually Angry Birds and Angry Birds Lite works without lag for me, but Angry Birds seasons lags noticeably. Sad.

Anyways I fixed the issues I had with void. It's great!

Hi Siddhesh,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Well Here are my questions related to rooting the phone.

1. My Software versions says " V10c-DEC-08-2010" and Build says "FRG83" and the kernal version says "2.6.32.9" . I upgraded this recently to 2.2.1. Now I understand that I cannot root my phone from this firmware, I tried doing this but I dint work. How do I role back to the original firmware? I did try to google but not sure of it, its better if I follow the geeks path

2. Once I roll back and root the phone,in future if there is a gingerbread (2.3) update, will my phone still be eligible for the update?

3. As you have mentioned that , I can relish the real android experience once the I get root access- so once I root the phone, I would go and delete some unused pre-installed apps so that I can get down the CPU levels,( am i rite?) Is there anything else I can do to relish more? Is there anything would you like to suggest wrt settings or configuration? I see that some people say that they have increased their ROM speed or processor speed by doing so !

4. I see that XDA developers do a lot of custom ROM for various models. Is anyone here aware of any better custom ROM for this model which is superior to the stock ROM ?

gatsri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-11   #144
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by gatsri View Post
Hi Siddhesh,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Well Here are my questions related to rooting the phone.

1. My Software versions says " V10c-DEC-08-2010" and Build says "FRG83" and the kernal version says "2.6.32.9" . I upgraded this recently to 2.2.1. Now I understand that I cannot root my phone from this firmware, I tried doing this but I dint work. How do I role back to the original firmware? I did try to google but not sure of it, its better if I follow the geeks path

2. Once I roll back and root the phone,in future if there is a gingerbread (2.3) update, will my phone still be eligible for the update?

3. As you have mentioned that , I can relish the real android experience once the I get root access- so once I root the phone, I would go and delete some unused pre-installed apps so that I can get down the CPU levels,( am i rite?) Is there anything else I can do to relish more? Is there anything would you like to suggest wrt settings or configuration? I see that some people say that they have increased their ROM speed or processor speed by doing so !

4. I see that XDA developers do a lot of custom ROM for various models. Is anyone here aware of any better custom ROM for this model which is superior to the stock ROM ?

1. I'm sure you can flash the older firmware back using LG's software. Each manufacturer has their own flashing software, like Samsung's Odin, or Motorola's RSD Lite.

2. In order to be eligible, you'll just have to roll back to the stock firmware, whichever one it is.

3. You can remove preinstalled apps, overclock, underclock, undervolt, use applications that require root, theme your phone, install custom ROMs, etc.

4. Apparently there is one called the Void ROM.
Aumkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-11   #145
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

desitechi is very Honorabledesitechi is very Honorable

Originally Posted by Xjo View Post
how much did it cost?
sorry for the late reply, still learning so many sections of the awesome forum

it cost 790rs kingston 8gb class 4. you can easily buy it through eBay.

BTW: guys I'm planning to sell my optimus one, can anyone suggest me what cost it should be ? 3 weeks old, will sell it with 4gb card class4, amzer genuine silicon cover all accessories. bought it for 12,300 but getting nexus s this week. Any suggestion what should i quote to my local dealer here ?

Thanks.
Old 21-01-11   #146
Xjo
teh nuB!
[E]onian

Xjo is Mysterious

did a docomo gprs recharge and now can't connect. Can someone gimme the settings? It looks all fine. before the recharge when i used to connect it would work n it would be charged... after recharging for GPRS, it aint working.. what am i missing here?

update: its workingg

Last edited by Xjo; 21-01-11 at 10:15 PM.
Old 22-01-11   #147
teh nuB!

gatsri is Mysterious

@ desitechi --

I see in some posts that some are getting this phone for 11.6.Your phone is brand new and 3 weeks old, you can expect between 10k - 10.5 k including the memory card. I am sure , there will someone ready and happy for that price.. (with bill and warranty )

All the best with Nexus s
gatsri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-11   #148
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

Where did you take the Amzer silicon from? Give it to me.!!..!! How much u bought it for?
Originally Posted by desitechi View Post
sorry for the late reply, still learning so many sections of the awesome forum

it cost 790rs kingston 8gb class 4. you can easily buy it through eBay.

BTW: guys I'm planning to sell my optimus one, can anyone suggest me what cost it should be ? 3 weeks old, will sell it with 4gb card class4, amzer genuine silicon cover all accessories. bought it for 12,300 but getting nexus s this week. Any suggestion what should i quote to my local dealer here ?

Thanks.
Old 22-01-11   #149
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

desitechi is very Honorabledesitechi is very Honorable

Originally Posted by b00gieMan View Post
Where did you take the Amzer silicon from? Give it to me.!!..!! How much u bought it for?
I bought through amzer for 250rs which is awesome. I will be selling the complete package soon, and will post the stuff in market as soon as i get my nexus

you can try the same from here which gonna cost you 230rs but its worth every penny.

Amzer® Silicone Skin Jelly Case - Black For LG Optimus One P500
Old 22-01-11   #150
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Mr. Green

Rig Gallery

Holly!! May god bless you, i dint know Amzer had indian site as well.. but still sad i dont see Mirror Scratch guard for it btw, does it fit good and tight or its loose like used socks? :??
Post New Thread  Reply