Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > Gadgets & Consumer Electronics Buying Advice
Register Forgot Password?

Old 31-01-12   #31
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Re: LED Tv Help Needed

You have zeroed on two companies, LG and Samsung, Samsung in the budget will be 4 series, that is what I presume, so it is not worthy, that is why I said that either LG with IPS panel and full hd is better for you, I stated the models for you in the budget and the size that you wanted, else all companies including Samsung make good LCD's and Plasmas.
Originally Posted by anishka View Post
i zeroed in on 2 models.. 32 inches.. either samsung or lg.. full HD..

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

what about samsung?

If it was eIPS or whatever IPS this would be so cool, but it is not, I couldn't find the details but all tn panel makers also state their viewing angles to be 178 deg or so, but when you view it at such an acute angle, the quality goes for a toss..
I think its safe to say that this is tn panel.
Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
Flipkart: Toshiba 32 Inches HD LCD 32HV10ZE: Television
Buy Toshiba 32" HD LCD TV 32HV10ZE at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
17kish without any discount coupon and poeple have bought this for 15kish offline.
Dunno whether its IPS or P/MVA
Searching for panel details but I don't think they make TN panels that big
EDIT:
From Flipkart specs
Viewing angles: 178
I am guessing its eIPS due to its 8 bit panel, but I am sure this one would be worthless, else why would they price it so low?

I would still recommend a 42" plasma btw.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12   #32
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

@anishka - trust us geeks to make a simple life over complicated... My suggestion.. Just go to the showroom, see different LCDs, see which one suits you the best, and has good looks as well.

Only thing i would suggest is check out the sound quality and volume, how is it like. Sometimes these TVs have really tiny speakers and the audio is good for nothing.
anishka likes this.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12   #33
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned
She must want to kick me for suggesting to make this thread...

not sent from my pc....
JD666 likes this.
<Marsupial> Chandler got bit by a radioactive spider and shot a web at Phoebe, and then it emailed me.
harryneopotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12   #34
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^ There there.. now dont be so harsh on yourself... let her decide.. whether she wants to kick you or strangle you...
baba doga likes this.
Old 31-01-12   #35
teh spamm[E]R!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Originally Posted by ManISinJpr

If it was eIPS or whatever IPS this would be so cool, but it is not, I couldn't find the details but all tn panel makers also state their viewing angles to be 178 deg or so, but when you view it at such an acute angle, the quality goes for a toss..
I think its safe to say that this is tn panel.
TN panels are 6 bit only and their viewing angles are seldom quoted as 178 degrees

Sent from my mobile device.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12   #36
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ We can discuss that later.. this thread is already doing too many tech discussions.. LOLz..
ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12   #37
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
status-less

anishka is highly Prominentanishka is highly Prominentanishka is highly Prominent

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
^^ There there.. now dont be so harsh on yourself... let her decide.. whether she wants to kick you or strangle you...
umm or make love? isnt that an option?
JD666 likes this.
anishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12   #38
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

^^ hush ladki... hnp might just be halfway to mumbai by now...
Old 31-01-12   #39
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
status-less

anishka is highly Prominentanishka is highly Prominentanishka is highly Prominent

Originally Posted by JD666 View Post
^^ hush ladki... hnp might just be halfway to mumbai by now...

hehe looks like to me too! he disappeared mid- talks!
JD666 likes this.
Old 31-01-12   #40
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

@anishka :
JD666 and anishka like this.
harryneopotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12   #41
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

Here's something to derail that mood:

STAR CJ Internet Shopping Mall

Philips 32" LCD @ 13.5k (use 500 rs discount coupon)

Specs:
32PFL4305/V7 Philips 4000 series LCD TV 32PFL4305 81 cm (32") HD Ready - Philips Support

Heck at that price even if it was TN, it would make for a cheap Eyefinity display.

Last edited by Free Radical; 01-02-12 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-02-12   #42
teh priesT!
[E]onian
status quo

kris is highly Admirablekris is highly Admirablekris is highly Admirablekris is highly Admirablekris is highly Admirablekris is highly Admirablekris is highly Admirable

Hows this as an option? Its full HD , 3 HDMI ports, 2xUSB, dlna and wifi ready as well. I also need a 32 incher, and was looking at this model and thought I will share it here..

Flipkart: Panasonic 32 Inches Full HD LCD TH-L32U30D: Television

I wonder why the warranty is only 1 year, I suppose normally panasonic provides 3 yrs...
Old 01-02-12   #43
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

There's only one (supposed) drawback of Panasonic compared with LG/Samsung, you'll need to buy a media player

Other than that, since it's panel type is advertised as IPS alpha, you'll be certain to get a good display unlike the panel lottery system by Samsung. IPS is a display technology by LG btw. IPS displays aren't very good for blacks/contrast but have great color reproduction.
Old 01-02-12   #44
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
status-less

Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
Here's something to derail that mood:

Philips 32" LCD @ 13.5k (use 500 rs discount coupon)

Specs:
32PFL4305/V7 Philips 4000 series LCD TV 32PFL4305 81 cm (32") HD Ready - Philips Support

Heck at that price even if it was TN, it would make for a cheap Eyefinity display.
i think uv made a mistake.. the savings are 14000.. the price would be 19000
Old 02-02-12   #45
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

^Must have been a pricing error
They have certainly jacked up the prices now.

Otherwise I would have suggested the 32" Samsung Series 4 for like 1-2k more.

500 off with this coupon:
Code:
0307-358262

Last edited by Free Radical; 02-02-12 at 03:45 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply