Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > Gadgets & Consumer Electronics Buying Advice
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-05-12   #1
teh priesT!
[E]onian
C ya in hell

LED from India or Abroad ?

Hi Mates !

i am really confused & not able to take a decision on the following -

1. Should i buy from Abroad ? I have people across the globe ( Dubai/Singapore/USA ). So i was thinking to get it from either of these mentioned places. But the problem is -

a. I need screen size 46". Price of 46" is high abroad as well. Even i have to pay for extra weight & customs ( on 35K + amount)
b. No warranty !

So, i need you advice on this, would buying from abroad really worth ?? here is what i am looking for -

Size: 46"

1. Budget. : 40k if buying from abroad. Upto 50k-55k if buying from India

2. Viewing distance : 8-10 feet approx.

3. Input Sources: Media player & 1 TB HDD (1080p movies)

4. Preference for TV: LCD TV/LED-LCD TV/Plasma : only LED

5. Preference for brands : Sony/Samsung/Panasonic/VU/Sharp/LG

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? : No.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room : Well Lit

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc: 3D a must

Guys please suggest on which model to look for, need to buy asap !
Old 09-05-12   #2
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned
Re: LED from India or Abroad ?

a 3D 46" LED that 50-55k ? ... is it even possible ?
<Marsupial> Chandler got bit by a radioactive spider and shot a web at Phoebe, and then it emailed me.
harryneopotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12   #3
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

My juju and sister just ordered a 46" Bravia HX729 from TigerDirect, for just 1000$ (+82$ tax).

This too was due to a 500$ discount code. You won't get a 3D LED 240Hz TV for anything near this price in India.

Infact, not even in USA.

You'll only get a 32" on your budget.
kauffmann likes this.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12   #4
teh priesT!
[E]onian
C ya in hell

coolcatric is highly Admirablecoolcatric is highly Admirablecoolcatric is highly Admirablecoolcatric is highly Admirablecoolcatric is highly Admirablecoolcatric is highly Admirablecoolcatric is highly Admirable

ok ok, i will push my budget @harryneopotter - 70K

@Ad1tya - Will they be using this HDTV in US or in India ?
coolcatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12   #5
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

one statement - Get in touch with Luciffer. He is the best person to get you deals on this one.
harryneopotter and SumitB like this.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12   #6
teh priesT!
[E]onian
C ya in hell

coolcatric is highly Admirablecoolcatric is highly Admirablecoolcatric is highly Admirablecoolcatric is highly Admirablecoolcatric is highly Admirablecoolcatric is highly Admirablecoolcatric is highly Admirable

@Luciffer - Good morning !
Old 09-05-12   #7
teh geeK!
[E]onian

SumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply GreatSumitB is simply Great

His mom was not keeping well. I have tried to contact him but the usual happened. Cannot blame him though. Was stressed out last week with his mother's health. Wait till he sees your message and I hope you're not in a hurry.
JD666 and Sumonpathak like this.
Old 09-05-12   #8
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Originally Posted by coolcatric View Post
ok ok, i will push my budget @harryneopotter - 70K

@Ad1tya - Will they be using this HDTV in US or in India ?
US itself. Unfortunately it's very hard to find 100-240V and NTSC/PAL TV's here.

I was giving you an indication on pricing.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12   #9
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
trolling around

baba doga is Notable

Buy Toshiba REGZA 46TL20 Full HD 3D TV at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
baba doga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12   #10
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

Bro, My advice would be to buy it from India only.
My Brother-in-Law went to Thailand and bought a 32" LED TV for himself. The TV worked great for about 1 month then went Kaput. When Samsung guy came, he told that it was out of warranty and the expenses for repair would be around 12k/-. Better to buy it from India and get Full Warranty...
ManISinJpr and SignOps like this.
Old 09-05-12   #11
teh priesT!
[E]onian
C ya in hell

Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
His mom was not keeping well. I have tried to contact him but the usual happened. Cannot blame him though. Was stressed out last week with his mother's health. Wait till he sees your message and I hope you're not in a hurry.
Oops ! Hope she is fine now.. @Luciffer : Do let us know if any help required.

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
US itself. Unfortunately it's very hard to find 100-240V and NTSC/PAL TV's here.

I was giving you an indication on pricing.
I know, getting the same to India is full of problems. But the price is irresistible !!

Good price, can buy on EMI as well. What other option do i have in this price range from other vendors ?

Originally Posted by mohitgamer View Post
Bro, My advice would be to buy it from India only.
My Brother-in-Law went to Thailand and bought a 32" LED TV for himself. The TV worked great for about 1 month then went Kaput. When Samsung guy came, he told that it was out of warranty and the expenses for repair would be around 12k/-. Better to buy it from India and get Full Warranty...
I know man, tht risk is always there, but the price for 46" is very high in India !!
Old 09-05-12   #12
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
hope she is allright...
*praying*

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12   #13
teh priesT!
[E]onian
[E]ddicted !

mohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputablemohitgamer is highly Reputable

His mom was not keeping well. I have tried to contact him but the usual happened. Cannot blame him though. Was stressed out last week with his mother's health.
@Luciffer: So that's what keeping you away. Hope she gets well soon...
mohitgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12   #14
Jeebus
forgiving your sins

RajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished
RajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely DistinguishedRajaPraveen is extemely Distinguished

Why spend so much on a 46 "LCD tv when you can get a 50" Full HD 3D ready plasma for that same amount of money.

It is a known factor that EDGE LED lit LCD are pathetic for 3D and have average Color accuracy, also they will have back light bleeding and uniformity issue.The only LCD that has decent 3D are the ones from LG.

I am not sure about the newer Sony & Samsung LCD's but the 55" ex720 that we have has strictly mediocre 3D picture quality so choose wisely.

HDTV Reviews - Television, LCD, LED, Plasma Free Expert buying guide and ratings - TelevisionInfo.com
ManISinJpr, SignOps and pteek like this.

RajaPraveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12   #15
teh nuB!
[E]onian
New here.

pteek is Notable

Originally Posted by rajapraveen View Post
why spend so much on a 46 "lcd tv when you can get a 50" full hd 3d ready plasma for that same amount of money.

It is a known factor that edge led lit lcd are pathetic for 3d and have average color accuracy, also they will have back light bleeding and uniformity issue.the only lcd that has decent 3d are the ones from lg.

I am not sure about the newer sony & samsung lcd's but the 55" ex720 that we have has strictly mediocre 3d picture quality so choose wisely.

hdtv reviews - television, lcd, led, plasma free expert buying guide and ratings - televisioninfo.com
+1000
Post New Thread  Reply