Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Everything Under the Sun
Register Forgot Password?

Old 23-02-08   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Kerala VAT Rules - Form 16

As many of you who live in Kerala know who have ordered items from companies such as Dell, you are required to send them a Form 16 (as prescribed under the Kerala Value Added Tax Rules 2005). This form must be countersigned by an officer in the Commercial Taxes Department if the item being transported into Kerala is worth more than Rs. 5,000/-.

Recently (15/02/2008), the Commissioner of Commercial Taxes of the Government of Kerala had issued a Circular to all Sales/Commercial Tax Offices forbidding them from countersigning Form-16, citing the rampant misuse of its provisions by several commercial agencies within the state, especially construction companies.

The Commissioner of Commercial Taxes has now come to realize that this ban on issuing Form-16 effectively prevents any person from importing any goods into Kerala that costs more that Rs. 5,000/-, and so has issued a clarification, stating that in cases where goods are purchased and transported into the state for personal use, there is no need for a countersigned Form-16, provided that the inspection officers at the borders are satisfied as to the bona fide nature of the claim of personal use.

I am attaching the circular of the Commissioner CTD, number 7/08, for your reference.

However, all material must be accompanied by a certificate from the purchaser attesting to the personal nature of the purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
>ctd_circular.jpg   >form_16.jpg  
pillainp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-08   #2
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great
Re: Kerala VAT Rules - Form 16

Are you in any way related to Amarbir? :/...
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-08   #3
teh nuB!

pillainp is Mysterious

???
pillainp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08   #4
Banned
Backordering Your Order ..!

Amarbir is highly AdmirableAmarbir is highly AdmirableAmarbir is highly AdmirableAmarbir is highly AdmirableAmarbir is highly AdmirableAmarbir is highly AdmirableAmarbir is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Are you in any way related to Amarbir? :/...
Adi ,
You All Fellows Need To Chill A Little Bit .My basic intension was to safeguard E .If you Kido And Ct are Not Interested Does Not Matter ,I Have No idea who this gentlemen is ,but i would like all people to spell out mandatory requirements for each state this helps us to send the material also and where ever there is a form available we can do that too .many stated have this like haryana .

Amarbir Singh Dhillon
Amarbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08   #5
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Your main intention was not to safeguard [E], but to sabotage KMD's sales.

If your main intention was to safeguard E, then you wouldnt have told this to every tom, dick and harry who buys from KMD, you would have only informed me and karan.

But anyway, thanks for bringing it to my notice, you did save E from trouble in the future .

Last edited by Ad1tya; 24-02-08 at 07:55 AM.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08   #6
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

janitha is highly Reputablejanitha is highly Reputablejanitha is highly Reputable

It seems logical that Aditya may move all posts other than the original one to a new OT thread.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08   #7
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

katmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirable

why do you want people from all states to tell you what forms are required to ship to what state....here you go....read them up yourself

http://bluedart.com/regulatory.html

Preferred sites (but not restricted to) include:
newegg.com | amazon.com (products shipped by amazon only) | crazypc.com
katmandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08   #8
Banned

Amarbir is highly AdmirableAmarbir is highly AdmirableAmarbir is highly AdmirableAmarbir is highly AdmirableAmarbir is highly AdmirableAmarbir is highly AdmirableAmarbir is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by katmandude View Post
why do you want people from all states to tell you what forms are required to ship to what state....here you go....read them up yourself

http://bluedart.com/regulatory.html
Hi KMD ,
Thanks For The Wonderful Link ,I Have a Parcel That i Gave Tirupati Since Jan 20th .Got Stuck In Going To Calcutta Cos They Have a Rule There ,Its The Abit IP35-Pro
Old 24-02-08   #9
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

katmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirablekatmandude is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by Amarbir View Post
Hi KMD ,
Thanks For The Wonderful Link ,I Have a Parcel That i Gave Tirupati Since Jan 20th .Got Stuck In Going To Calcutta Cos They Have a Rule There ,Its The Abit IP35-Pro
Ask them to submit Form 50
katmandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08   #10
Banned

Yes ,
So the little deals i have done here i have a A+ rating too for the same .I hope few more members can vote there as i have dealt with the few more
Old 24-02-08   #11
teh zeuS!
[E]onian

Chief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly AdmirableChief-Techie is highly Admirable

Reminder to Amarbir: Stop Discussing About Sales Tax Now,already given u an Unofficial Warning

We Already have people Talking about Throwing You Out Here,Double check Wat U Post & reply (Really Important *****)

One More Trouble From Your Side to KMD or any Dealer or any BS PM's to people,i will make sure you DONT Continue your Sales Here

Last edited by Chief-Techie; 24-02-08 at 10:24 PM.
Chief-Techie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10   #12
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Garage Seller

dj_faithless is highly Prominentdj_faithless is highly Prominentdj_faithless is highly Prominent

Hey guys, I'm really a noobie. Any admins can help me out. I wanted to ask. I want to parcel a box of speakers around 4kgs (value maybe 700 bux) to Kerala. It's for personal use basically. Do these forms have to be filled?? The package is going to be sent through surface.

I called AFL courier & they old me yes. However, in the link above KMD has provided from Blue Dart, it says "Shipments consigned to individuals who do not have CST & TIN/LST nos, a declaration from the consignee that the goods are not for sale and for personal consumption is a must."

Please help!!!
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 5200+ | Asus M2N-VM DH | ATI Radeon HD 4770 1gb | 1gb x 2 = 2GB 667mhz Corsair Value ram | Seagate 500gb Sata2 HDD 7200.10 rpm | WD 1 TB Sata2 HDD 16mb cache | Samsung 80gb IDE HDD | CoolerMaster Real Power 550W PFC RS-550-ACLY | CM 310 Elite Red | SteelSeries Kinzu & Qck Mini | Basic Keyboard | Altec Lansing ATP3 | Samsung OCTOEdge Dvd Writer
dj_faithless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10   #13
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

AFAIK all shipments by KMD have a declaration that they are for personal consumption only. I dont think you will face any problem as such. In the unlikely case you are asked about the package then it will be safe for you to say that it is a personal transaction only.

Please also note that such a personal transaction is not covered by consumer protection laws and you will not be able to do anything in case something goes wrong with the item and the seller does not honour warranty.
Old 04-08-10   #14
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian
Garage Seller

dj_faithless is highly Prominentdj_faithless is highly Prominentdj_faithless is highly Prominent

Thanks @ vijayninel. Was very helpful.
dj_faithless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10   #15
Semper foo
Ignorance is Bliss

SignOps is extremely Renowned
SignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely RenownedSignOps is extremely Renowned

Interesting to read the thread from the beginning. Ha ha - what a lineage.

SignOps is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply