Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Operating Systems
Register Forgot Password?

Old 26-05-16   #1
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Keeping Dual Operating Systems on Laptop

Hi everyone

I have an ASUS ROG G750J laptop with me.
It came with windows 8 on it. i upgraded to windows 10 recently. now the problem is that i have some apps which still not support windows 10 and they work on windows 7.
so i want to install windows 7 on my laptop and also keep windows 10 on it. so that i can choose operating system on start up

please tell me how can i go about it.

thanks
3dsmaxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-16   #2
teh nuB!
[E]onian

manishbharech is Mysterious
Re: Keeping Dual Operating Systems on Laptop

Create a partition on existing hdd and then choose that to install new os, after install you will automatically get option screen for os choice, if you face any difficulty with boot option screen you can use bcd edit to rectify your boot catalogue to your liking

manishbharech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-16   #3
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian

3dsmaxed is very Notable

Originally Posted by manishbharech View Post
Create a partition on existing hdd and then choose that to install new os, after install you will automatically get option screen for os choice, if you face any difficulty with boot option screen you can use bcd edit to rectify your boot catalogue to your liking

thanks
i was able yo install it on my laptop
and i had to struggle a lot but i was able to install all the drivers except a few.
i am facing two problems because of that
my touch pad gestures are not working. like double finger scroll and other stuff. only mouse move and click is working on touch pad. when i see my device manager it tells me i have latest driver for my touch pad so i dont know whats wrong here
second problem is i was able to install my wireless driver and i am also able to connect to my wifi routers but there is not internet connection. i cannot even ping google.com or any other site through cmd prompt.
i ahve tried everything like changing dns server, checking if proxy is off and everything else but its just npot working. my usb dongle is working and i am able to use internet with thatso i guess there is some problem with wifi of the laptop after shifting to windows 7. all other devices are working thru that wifi but only this one cannot connect to internet. its able to connect to the router but no internet.

can you please tell me whats wrong here

Thanks
3dsmaxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-16   #4
teh nuB!
[E]onian

This seems to be a hardware drivers problem, try uninstalling the problem devices and reinstalling them, unfortunately Windows 7 does not have a reset option as found in win 10.
Try downloading the driver files from the manufacturer site and reinstall the drivers.

Another option for your particular req of win 7 to run some softwares is that, you can create a virtual win 7 pc within 10 and run your programs in that, it is a more efficient system as you do not need to reboot into a different os as once you create a virtual os it is available to you on demand from within win 10.

Old 02-06-16   #5
teh nuB!
[E]onian

Dude were you able to fix driver issues?

Old 19-10-16   #6
teh nuB!
[E]onian

xman0752 is Mysterious

Bro install the OS in a new Partiton ..the run- msconfig-Go to boot tab - and change the BOOT order . THATS IT
REGardingthe driver issues plz mention the windows 10 build number .
xman0752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply