Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Articles > Reviews & Previews
Register Forgot Password?
Follow Erodov on Twitter Follow Us
Join us on FaceBook Join Us
Post New Article  Comment

Article Tools Search this Article
Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Review
reviewed and dissected
Date: 30-06-11
Topic: Reviews & Previews
Author: krishna

Pros:
1. Fast and efficient 2. Large number of additional options 3. Firewall one of the best 4. cheaper than a lot of others

Cons:
1. other options need fine-tuning 2. scan time is very long 3. irritating popups..
Index
System Requirements 
Index

The internet is a wily little creation. One one hand it entertains and educates but on the other it also demolishes and destroys. It is like a coin, one side good and the other bad. The internet has become the major lifeline for functioning of this world. The bad side of this is that it also makes the functionaries vulnerable to the vast openness of the internet. The world in a sustained effort to reduce this vulnerability introduced software to keep bad things on the outside from getting in while still allowing the flexibility internet offers. These software's constitute anti viruses and firewalls.

Today we will be reviewing the Kaspersky Internet security suite 2011. Kaspersky is a well known giant in the security business catering to the security needs of the public. It developed the stalwart Kaspersky antivirus way back in 1998 and since then has provided strong and sustained security for the masses. The Kaspersky Internet security suite 2011 continues to carry on the Kaspersky legacy. In the following we shall see the newest Kaspersky internet security 2011.

Index
System Requirements 

Tools
Add to mrcool63's Karma
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
<< <    Next Page: System Requirements (Page 1 of 11)    >  >>
By vijayninel 26-07-11
Re: Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Review

Nice Review. I will still prefer Avast.
By MOZ 26-07-11

Great extensive articles. Well structured and written. Great job. Although in the end I would still go with my Norton 360.
By muzux2 26-07-11

Excellent write up.

PS: I've been using kaspersky for the past 3 years and i really liked its security features esp built-in firewall. But two things i didn't like in kaspersky which i believe you should also have felt while reviewing. Firstly, during scanning it eats lots of resource. Its pain to play even music or do some work in word/excel at the same time when kaspersky is scanning background. Secondly, its online update is worst among other AVs out there. You don't know when updates would finish.
By mrcool63 26-07-11

thanks guys. ^^true dude but the latest version has somewhat remedied that. version 10 was pathetic in updates. this version is way better than that. actually update after install was also less than 4mb compared to nod's 48mb. also resources wise all the antiviruses i tested were almost the same(except AVG) barring nod32 which quite surprisngly increased only 4 percent more. norton on average used 80 percent of the cpu and kaspersky around 90-95%. norton's peak memory usage was actually slightly more. the reason was NAV divided the processes into seperate entites which when added was slightly above kaspersky by <1%. Keep in mind the configuration i used for testing
Post New Article  Comment
Please share with friends!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.erodov.com/forums/kaspersky-internet-security-2011-review/43453.html
Posted By For Type Date
Article : Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Review This thread Refback 26-07-11 05:37 PM