Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 27-12-12   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

Icon7 Karbonn Launches 8" Velox Tab Running Jelly Bean

Just last week, Karbonn announced the launch of the 10-inch Karbonn Smart Tab 10 (Cosmic) with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on-board.
And today an unannounced 8-inch tablet from the company has been spotted online called the Karbonn Smart Tab 8 Velox running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.

The Smart Tab 8 Velox belongs to the Karbonn Duple Series and packs in an 8-inch display, powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor coupled with 1 GB of RAM.

The Smart Tab 8 Velox packs in a 3 MP camera on the rear and a VGA front facing camera for video calls. The tablet arrives with 3D G-sensor for all the gaming enthusiasts. Going by the connectivity options, the Velox packs in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and HDMI support.

We expect the tablet to pack in Bluetooth connectivity too and there is support for 3G data connectivity using USB dongle. The 8-inch tablet is powered by a powerful 4500 mAh battery which is said to give 7 hours of internet surfing time, 8 hours of video playback time on earphones and about 25 hours of music playback time on earphones.

Karbonn Smart Tab 8 Velox specs:
  • 8-inch Capacitive display
  • Display resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
  • 1.5 GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 1.51 GB Internal memory
  • Dual Mali 400 GPU
  • Memory expandable up to 32 GB
  • 3 MP rear camera
  • VGA front facing camera
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS
  • G-Sensor
  • Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI, USB port support
  • 4500 mAh battery

According to a retailer on eBay.in, the Smart Tab 8 Velox is priced at Rs.7,999 but it is available for Rs.6,799
vijayninel likes this.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-12   #2
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble
Re: Karbonn Launches 8" Velox Tab Running Jelly Bean

This seems very nice at the price it is being offered..
Will create ripples and I think that @vijayninel should buy this as this has most things needed.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-12   #3
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

^^ Ah well, I think I can do with my current tablet a bit longer. BTW there have been many tablets launched in the past month in the low cost 8-10 inch tablet market. The specs have gone up and prices have come down. This is only one of those.

I think we should have much better tabs in four months because of the new processors which are coming up.
Old 27-12-12   #4
teh geeK!
I havent set my status yet.

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable
Hs18 was selling a dual core tab for 5k odd

kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-12   #5
teh priesT!
[E]onian
GTA 4 PC

Rig Gallery

satyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominentsatyanjoy is highly Prominent
I really like spec of zync z1000,I think the best 10 inch tab in market, it's out of stock everywhere

Sent from Motorola Defy using Tapatalk 2
Intel i5 3470 | B75M-D3H | 2*4 GB Kingston HyperX Blue | GTX 1060 6gb | Samsung 840 120GB | Seasonic S12II 620 | Corsair 400R | WDC 640 aaks | Seagate 1TB | Corsair Vengeance K70 Brown | Logitech G27 | Logitech G302 | Logitech Attack 3 | BenQ G2420HD | JBL Creature III | APC RS1100 | Win10 Pro | Xbox360 Controller | WinXpSP3 | PS2 NTSC 77001 | Steam ID: satyanjoy | Origin: SatyaDG
satyanjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-12   #6
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

I wish if this tab has a sim slot...
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-12   #7
teh geeK!
I havent set my status yet.

kartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirablekartikoli is highly Admirable
Sim slot with calling facility will be so good

kartikoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-12   #8
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Puny human

dexbg is extremely Renowned
dexbg is extremely Renowneddexbg is extremely Renowned

Originally Posted by The Knight View Post
The 8-inch tablet is powered by a powerful 4500 mAh battery which is said to give 7 hours of internet surfing time, 8 hours of video playback time on earphones and about 25 hours of music playback time on earphones.
Yea.. this wont happen .. A 4500 mAh battery will not give you 8 hrs of video playback ..

And whats the deal with the 4:3 aspect ratio(1024x768) .. pretty weird to do that with an Android device..

"I was there .. till the end"
dexbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-12   #9
teh nuB!
Hu Chhel Chhabilo..

Doremon is Mysterious

Originally Posted by satyanjoy View Post
I really like spec of zync z1000,I think the best 10 inch tab in market, it's out of stock everywhere
Almost 1 month brainburning, finally, I choose Z-1000. Zync company officials says to wait 1 week for next lot...
Doremon is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply