Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Core Components
Register Forgot Password?

Old 24-11-11   #1
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

Icon7 Ivy Bridge Thread

I think it is a good time to share new about upcoming Intel Ivy Bridge Processor. Its a 22nm die shrink of current Sandy Bridge Processor of LGA1155 socket. So everyone is requested to post all the news related to Ivy Bridge processor.
So starting with some old and current news.

Intel Ivy Bridge Processors to Feature Configurable TDP
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel...P-203380.shtml

Intel's Ivy Bridge Processors to Reduce Power Consumption to 77W
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/dis...on_to_77W.html

Intel Dual-Core Ivy Bridge CPUs Will Arrive One Month After Quad-Core Parts
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel...s-213968.shtml

Intel 7 Series Chipset Scheduled For The Release In 2012

More Intel Ivy Bridge Benchmarks Make Appearance
http://news.softpedia.com/news/More-...e-209731.shtml

Intel Confirms Ivy Bridge CPUs Will Feature Enhanced Quick Video Capabilities
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel...s-216211.shtml

Intel Says Ivy Bridge GPU Is Up to 60% Faster than Sandy Bridge Graphics
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel...s-221211.shtml

Intel Dual-Core Ivy Bridge CPUs Will Arrive One Month After Quad-Core Parts
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel...s-213968.shtml

Intel Ivy Bridge Gets Improved Overclocking Features
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel...s-221582.shtml

Intel's Ivy Bridge Architecture Exposed

Intel's Ivy Bridge Architecture Exposed

Intel's Ivy Bridge integrated GPU will support 4K resolution
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/computers/...esolution/6761

Intel Begins Volume Production of 22nm Microprocessors
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/dis...rocessors.html

Intel to Detail 22-nm Ivy Bridge CPUs at ISSCC
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel...C-236241.shtml

P.S : If Mods found any mistake in this thread then they can delete this thread.

Last edited by The Knight; 24-11-11 at 09:52 AM.
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-11   #2
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
Re: Ivy Bridge Thread

No the thread should be fine.. I am in fact looking forward to dropping in a 4 or 6 core Ivy Bridge K chip into my setup as soon as it releases.

KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-11   #3
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great
Icon7 Re: Ivy Bridge Thread

Originally Posted by KiD0M4N View Post
No the thread should be fine.. I am in fact looking forward to dropping in a 4 or 6 core Ivy Bridge K chip into my setup as soon as it releases.
Thanks Karan. I am also looking forward to IVY BRIDGE.
Old 25-11-11   #4
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Intel 2GHz Ivy Bridge Quad-Core CPU Gets Benchmarked

With Sandy Bridge-E out and about, Intel is now focusing its efforts on its upcoming Ivy Bridge architecture and such a chip was recently put through a few benchmarks by a user on a Chinese hardware forum.

The chip in question was an engineering sample Ivy Bridge processor that included four computing cores clocked at 2GHz, 6MB of Level 3 cache and required 1.056V in order to operate (as reported by CPU-Z).

Its maximum TDP was set at a rather low 65W, compared with the 95W of Intel’s current quad-core standard voltage parts based on the Sandy Bridge architecture, but its most surprising feature was the B3 stepping that the core is based upon.

This is for the first time that we see this revision used in Intel’s engineering sample Ivy Bridge CPUs and suggests that the company is getting closer to the launch of these chips.

Furthermore, the presence of this new revision also means that the ES processor should provide a nice estimate for the performance that retail Ivy Bridge parts are capable of.

And the results don’t disappoint, as the Coolaler Forums, the source of this news, show the chip running a dual channel memory kit at 2133MHz with some impressive CL6 timings. This enabled it to reach 16GB/s read and 13GB/s write in the AIDA64 memory benchmark.

The maximum Turbo frequency of the Ivy Bridge processor was set at 2407.1MHz and the CPU was installed on a Gigabyte Z68X-UD7 motherboard with BIOS F9 and also on a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard with BIOS F5e, confirming its compatibility with the current LGA 1155 boards.

Ivy Bridge is the code name used for the 22nm die shrink of the current Sandy Bridge chips and features basically the same architecture, but with a few minor tweaks and improvements.

This includes a new on-die GPU that will come with full DirectX 11 support as well as with 30% more EUs than Sandy Bridge, in order to offer up to 60% faster performance that current Core CPUs according to Intel.
Link : http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel...d-236323.shtml
Old 25-11-11   #5
Lead Lead
Administrator
12 years a admin!

Rig Gallery

KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!
KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!KiD0M4N is the One!

Did he do any overclocking tests?
KiD0M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-11   #6
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

I guess not.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

In 2012, Intel is expected to release its first chips based on the upcoming 22nm Ivy Bridge architecture and recently a report has come to reveal that the initial launch of these chips will take place in April, with more CPUs arriving in Q2 and even Q3.
Previously, all we knew about the launch date of Ivy Bridge processors was that Intel wanted to go for the March/April timeframe, with some recent rumors claiming March is a more likely release date.

However, according to CPU-World, Intel will actually hold the launch event for these processors in April of 2012.

The initial release will cover the third-generation Core i5 and Core i7 desktop products, and Core i7 mobile chips, while the next CPU wave will include the Core i3s and Core i5 mobile microprocessors.

This launch will also take place in the second quarter of 2012, while desktop Pentium processors will follow in Q3 2012.

What’s interesting to note is that desktop and mobile Celerons will still be based on the older Sandy Bridge core, and will not switch to the 22nm process in 2012.

Ivy Bridge is the code name used for the 22nm die shrink of the current Sandy Bridge chips and features basically the same architecture, but with a few minor tweaks and improvements.

This includes a new on-die GPU that will come with full DirectX 11 support as well as with 30% more EUs than Sandy Bridge, in order to offer up to 60% faster performance that current Core CPUs according to Intel.

In addition, the processor cores have also received some minor tweaks as their AVX performance was slightly increased and Intel has updated the integrated PCI Express controller to the 3.0 standard.

In the mobile version of Ivy Bridge, all these improvements are paired with a configurable TDP design, which enables the CPU to greatly surpass its maximum thermal design power when additional cooling is provided (like when placed on a notebook cooling stand).

Together with the Ivy Bridge processors, Intel will also release the Z77, Z75, and H77 consumer PCH controllers, but the CPUs will also be compatible with the current LGA 1155 chipsets used for Sandy Bridge.
Link : Intel Ivy Bridge Launch Schedule Reportedly Unveiled - Softpedia
Old 25-11-11   #7
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Daytona 675 ftw-_-

nitinbalyan is very Honorablenitinbalyan is very Honorable

I can see, he overclocked it 20%
nitinbalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-11   #8
teh priesT!
[E]onian
Just Being Awesome!! :P

Rig Gallery

mavihs is highly Reputablemavihs is highly Reputablemavihs is highly Reputablemavihs is highly Reputable

as soon as IB releases i'm switching from AMD to Intel!!!!
mavihs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-11   #9
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-11   #10
Banned
--

d6bmg is very Respectfuld6bmg is very Respectful

Originally Posted by mavihs View Post
as soon as IB releases i'm switching from AMD to Intel!!!!

I also have just the same plan..
Old 26-11-11   #11
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Rig Gallery

JD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly ProminentJD666 is highly Prominent

Interesting... This should be an upgrade to swith over to.. Thanks Sumon. But with a 22Nm fab process, this will be even more sensitive to voltage bumps and tweaks... Though a little voltage bump, can/could/should yield good results for overclocking. Running Cooler and low TDP only add to the ease.

According to what @thebanik explained to me, if the current i series hit 5 ghz + on air cooling itself, im guessing these wont hit 6, but atleast do the same, much easily.

Pricing would be key. if Intel does pass on the cost benefit of switching to a thinner fabrication to the end user.
JD666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-11   #12
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

SO I am skipping the Sandy Bridge totally..
Shifting to Intel .. no choice.
After the PIII 1.13 this will be my first Intel machine.

Although I have built many systems from Intel but not owned one for so long

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-11   #13
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

wait for bulldozer 2.0
redemption143 likes this.
Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-11   #14
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Social Status = Fail !

harryneopotter is extremely Renowned
harryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renownedharryneopotter is extremely Renowned

i guess that would be my next upgrade !
JD666 likes this.
<Marsupial> Chandler got bit by a radioactive spider and shot a web at Phoebe, and then it emailed me.
harryneopotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-11   #15
MOZ
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
That's Me!

Rig Gallery

MOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly ProminentMOZ is highly Prominent

I'll have to skip this too . Will go for the one after that.
MOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply