Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Core Components
Register Forgot Password?

Old 15-04-12   #166
Banned
I havent set my status yet.

Rig Gallery
Re: Ivy Bridge Thread

as expected

Cause I won't wait for the debt to be repaid

Time has come for you

Sumonpathak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-12   #167
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Originally Posted by Sumonpathak View Post
as expected
+1 to you buddy, am happy with my 2500K
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-12   #168
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

i NEED a new proccy though
AMD this time
Old 15-04-12   #169
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

I think I am gonna buy a cheapo z68 and i5 2550k
Anyone notice the Gigabyte GA-Z86AP-D3 retailing for only Rs. 5100 on Amazon.

Gotta check out NP to see how Z77 and Ivy Bridge are panning out.
Now would be a good time to get a bargain.
ManISinJpr likes this.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.

Last edited by Free Radical; 15-04-12 at 05:44 PM.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-12   #170
teh nuB!
[E]onian

helion is Notable

There's already a talk of making 'multiple storeys' of cores in one die - ie more cores on the CPU, with possible integration of GPU and RAM in the same process. Intel has been calling it Knight's Corner/manycore etc.
helion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12   #171
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Intel Accelerates Launch Of Ivy Bridge By Almost 1 Week

Previously targeted for an April 29 announcement, Ivy bridge is now set for an April 23 introduction with Acer, HP and Lenovo expected to launch notebooks based on the new 22 nm processors.

Retailers across Europe apparently have posted Ivy Bridge CPUs ahead of their official availability as well. According to Heise.de, the models Core i7-3770K, Core i7-3770, Core i5-3570K, Core i5-3550 and Core i5-3450 have surfaced on price comparison sites for prices between 189 and 340 Euros. The website noted that Ivy Bridge processors are substantially more expensive than Sandy Bridge versions with the same clock speed. Those who can wait should probably hold off until there is a balance of supply and demand in the market.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Intel Accelerates Launch of Ivy Bridge by Almost 1 Week

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Intel Demonstrates LeTexo Sliding Ultrabook

During IDF 2012 Intel showcased a hybrid Ultrabook prototype sporting Windows 8 and a sliding screen. The latter feature allows it to transform into multiple form factors: a tablet, an all-in-one PC, and back into an Ultrabook.

According to various reports, it's codenamed Letexo. As briefly seen in the video below, the screen is designed to sit flush against the keyboard when in Tablet mode so that the device becomes one streamlined unit instead of a bulky "sandwich." The screen can also be pushed forward and propped up with a built-in stand, blocking access to the keyboard and serving as a small touch-based AIO PC.
Already there are comparisons to the Android-based Asus Eee Pad Slider .[COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][/COLOR][COLOR=blue ! important][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Like the Asus tablet, the Intel design doesn't require users to rotate the screen as seen with many hybrid notebooks available on the market today. But the difference is that Letexo provides a full-size keyboard and a screen that actually sits at the very back of the chassis when in Ultrabook mode, not half-way up the chassis like the Eee Pad Slider.
So far very little is known about Letexo other than it's based on Intel's Ivy Bridge Ultrabook platform. Other features seen in product images include an HDMI port and a pair of USB ports. There's also no indication that manufacturers have even signed on to produce products based on the Letexo design.

Will customers flock to the Letexo design? It certainly looks cool. But unfortunately for Asus, customers didn't rush out to buy the innovative Asus Eee p[COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]ad Slider. Instead, they chose the Eee Pad Transformer which featured an optional keyboard dock. Intel's design seems to combine the best of both Eee Pad designs without having to offer a standalone keyboard.
Intel Demonstrates "Letexo" Sliding Ultrabook in Video

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

INTEL Slashes Ivy Bridge Price Before Launch
Intel has
hinted at two signs of potential good news for prospective 22nm Ivy Bridge desktop chip buyers this month. Not only will it be pushing forward the launch of its Core i5 and Core i7 desktop models from Sunday, April 29th to Monday, April 23rd, but it will also be slashing the mass-quantity bulk shipment prices for retailers worldwide.

VR Zone Reporting that average price cuts end up somewhere between $7 and $8 dollars, and while not a significant difference, these prices are reflected in pricing for 1,000 units and not actual retial pricing. In other words, Newegg, Micro Center, Amazon, Fry's Electronics and all the other great American retailers and online e-tailers of this world can very well decide however they want to price these chips, as they will all be getting away with paying $7 to $8 less for them in quantities of 1,000.

Where the cost of a Core i7 3770K was expected to be $320 for retailers, it will now be $313. Where the cost of a Core i5 3750K was expected to be $220 for retailers, it will now be $212. The same goes for all other Core i5 and Core i7 models listed in the chart above. Nevertheless, these cost-reduced wholesale prices transform into retail pricing is a different matter entirely, and this includes pre-orders that have already been placed around the Web.

We can only guess that AMD will react to Intel's 22nm Ivy Bridge desktop cost reduction as it will impact their bottom line over the next few months without some sort of creative marketing response.
Intel slashes 22nm Ivy Bridge desktop prices before launch
ManISinJpr likes this.
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12   #172
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Time has come to show

ronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Great

I am going to build a monster with Ivy Bridge .... Watch me
Old 17-04-12   #173
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Originally Posted by ronnie_gogs View Post
I am going to build a monster with Ivy Bridge .... Watch me
Watching with bated breath

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on my MIUI 2.4.6 port
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12   #174
Banned

Rig Gallery

Sumonpathak is extremely Renowned
Sumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely RenownedSumonpathak is extremely Renowned

err...building a monster with sandy is more VFM
Old 17-04-12   #175
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Building a monster rig with ivy bridge will be a little pricy than same rig with sandy bridge . Because ivy bridge is going to cost almost same range as sandy bridge cpu.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

But you can build a true monster rig with sandy bridge E . Like fully unlocked 3960k and tri sli gtx 680 or 690 sli or like that from amd gpu.
Old 18-04-12   #176
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Time has come to show

ronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Great

Well I will stick to 1155 only... Wanna avoid 2011 as it dont want to buy the most expensive mobo and cpu combo... Rather concentrate on water cooling and case...
ronnie_gogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12   #177
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

Ivy Bridge HP Elite BOOK Coming

Despite the fact that some spinners at HP and Intel are quite annoyed now, an early review of HP's upcoming Ivy Bridge EliteBook 8470p has managed to find its way online, courtesy of Laptop Reviews. Based on an unidentified Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge CPU clocked at 1.7GHz with 2.6GHz Turbo and paired up with Intel HD graphics 4000, the new HP Elitebook 8470p and this early review clearly shows what you could expect from the upcoming Intel Ivy Bridge lineup.

There isn't much to be said for HP's EliteBook lineup as these have always been pretty good and aimed at professional part of the market but more interesting are the actual specs and performance of this HP EliteBook 8470p. Laptop Reviews site ran a couple of general performance benchmarks including PCMark 7, PCMark Vantage, Performance Test 7 from PassMark as well as some more interesting 3D benchmarks, or to be precise Futuremark's 3DMark Vantage. The CPU part looks quite impressive and it outruns both Intel's Core i7-2670QM in all benchmarks, but that honestly doesn't come as a surprise.

The surprise actually hides in 3DMark Vantage results as it appears that Intel's 50 percent higher performance claim for the HD Graphics 4000 are true. It is still not anywhere near results that you'll get from a dedicated mobile GPU, but up from 1,513/1,845 score on Intel HD 3000 Graphics to 3,321 on new Intel HD 4000, is certainly a great deal.

details of elitebook review
HP EliteBook 8470p Review - Intel Ivy Bridge Shines
ManISinJpr likes this.
Old 18-04-12   #178
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Core i7-3770K Cracks 6.616 GHz Utilizing 63.0x Multiplier

Intel's upcoming Core "Ivy Bridge" processors for overclockers, namely the Core i7-3770K, and Core i5-3570K, feature multiplier values previously unavailable for Core "Sandy Bridge" series. Chinese proverclocker x-powerx800pro scraped 6.616 GHz utilizing a base clock multiplier value of 63.0x, a clock speed of 6584.86 MHz (104.52 x 63) was validated using the same setup. These clock speeds were backed by core voltages such as 1.056V, and cooled by extreme cooling. The test-bench included a GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H, 2x 2 GB G.Skill DDR3-2133 MHz memory, and Corsair AX1200W PSU. These clock speeds were found to be Pi-stable, with 6.511 GHz yielding SuperPi 1M timing of 5.585s.

Source:techPowerUp! - The latest in hardware and gaming
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12   #179
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

Some one in this forum said that ivy bridge has some kind of thermal issue. That oced cpu with 63x multiplier gona generate a lot heat enough for tanduri chicken
Old 18-04-12   #180
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Time has come to show

@The Knight
:O 6.6 on Stock is awesome... I just want 5+ on water for normal operation
ronnie_gogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply