Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Hardware Zone > Core Components
Register Forgot Password?

Old 29-03-12   #151
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

Re: Ivy Bridge Thread

Five Desktop core i3 Ivy bridge in Q2

They plan to launch three SKUs in the transactional market and two in low-power market. The top one is Core i3 3240 and it’s a 3.4GHz clocked dual-core with four threads and 3MB of cache. It supports DDR3 1600 and 1333 memory and it doesn’t offer any turbo clock. The Core i3 3240 has Intel HD 2500 graphics with 650MHz core clock and 1050MHz maximal clock and it operates under 55W TDP.

The runner up is Core i3 3225 and it’s a 3.3GHz clocked dual core with four threads and 3MB of cache. It supports DDR3 1600 and 1333 memory and also doesn’t offer turbo overlocking. None of Core i3 3000 series do. The Core i3 3225 has faster version of Intel HD 4000 graphics with 650MHz core clock and 1050MHz maximal clock and it operates under 55W TDP. Intel HD 4000 graphics is usually a feature of Desktop Core i7 and top Core i5 CPUs.

The slowest of three is Core i3 3220 which has the same spec as Core i3 3225 with graphics core as the only difference. This one is 3.3GHz clocked dual core with four threads and Intel HD 2500 graphics with 650 /1050 MHz core clock.

There will also be two more Core i3 both 35W TDP the faster Core i3 3240T at 3GHz and Core i3 3220T that works at 2.8GHz.

They are scheduled to launch in Q3 2012 but we don’t have an exact date yet.
source
Five desktop Core i3 Ivy Bridge in Q2

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Ivy Bridge Mobile has core i7 , i5 , Celeron NO i3

For the past few quarters we've been talking about Ivy Bridge and now, roughly a month before it is supposed to launch, we noticed that there is no Core i3 for 3rd generation Ivy Bridge notebook processors.

In both ultra-low voltage 17W market as well as in standard voltage, performance 35W, 45W and 55W markets, there isn't a single Core i3 processor to be found. The leader of Ultra low voltage market is Core i7 3667U with its 2.0GHz core clock, turbo to 3.2GHz, 4MB cache, four threads and HD 4000 graphics. This is all within a 17W TDP envelope.

Runner up is Core i5 3427M and it carries the middle part of the market. It’s a 1.8GHz dual core with 2.8GHz turbo support, four hypertreded cores, 3MB cache, 4000 Intel HD graphics. Last on this performance scale is Celeron 877 with 1.5GHz core clock, two cores, two threads, Intel HD graphics, 2MB cache and DDR3 1333 support, again 17W.

As you can see Core i3 is missing and it’s the same for standard voltage and performance in roadmap.
source
Intel has no Core i3 mobile Ivy Bridge
Free Radical likes this.
uniquegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12   #152
teh zeuS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

This domain name has been seized by ICE - Homeland Security Investigations
The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12   #153
teh priesT!
[E]onian
lost in boredom.....

dash2009 is highly Reputabledash2009 is highly Reputabledash2009 is highly Reputable

techpowerup seized???? wtf??????
dash2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12   #154
teh nuB!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

helion is Notable

Originally Posted by Sonu View Post
All looks great but I will really stop buying Intel if they don't release BIOS update to support Ivy Bridge on their own H67 chipset.

It is uncalled for coz H67 can surely do it...OEM's have started issuing BIOS updates already.

Still no sign of i3...I guess it'll launch alongside Trinity FM2 or AM3+ Piledriver?
151 is the version. Released on Mar 12 2012. Irreversible to older BIOS once installed. Includes support for 22nm processors along with the ones it regularly accommodates.
helion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12   #155
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

Sepphire's PURE PLATINUM Z77 Detailed
The Lost Swede from VR-Zone managed to get his hands on what appears to be a picture of Sapphire's upcoming Pure Platinum Z77 motherboard in its final form. Many other motherboards based on Intel's upcoming 7-series chipset has already found its way online and it looks like Sapphire will be present during launch with at least three different models.

In addition to the already pixellized and detailed Pure Black Z77 and the Pure Platinum Z68 released a while back, Sapphire's Pure Platinum Z77 is a bit different and uses different design, which by the way ends up to be much better than the previous one.

The general PCB layout has changed, as well as the design of the heatsink covering the motherboard VRM. As far as the specs are concerned, we are looking at a motherboard based on Intel's Z77 chipset with a total of four PCI-Express x16 slots that should end up working in x8, x4, x4, x4 mode. In addition to the four PCI-E x16 ones, Sapphire also included two PCI-Express x1 ports. The new Sapphire Pure Platinum Z77 also features dual Ethernet (with Killer NIC E2200), six SATA ports, four USB 3.0 and bunch of USB 2.0 ports, 7.1-channel audio, HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI and D-Sub outputs, debug LED, voltage check points, power, reset and clear CMOS buttons and a BIOS switch.

The new Sapphire Pure Platinum Z77 looks like a solid product and although we would have a thing or two to say about the color scheme, we'll hold our horses until we see an official launch and some reviews.

source
Sapphires Pure Platinum Z77 motherboard pictured by VR-Zone.com
Old 06-04-12   #156
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

The Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply GreatThe Knight is simply Great

Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs Out on April 23, 2012
After being delayed by a few months (and let's not even get into what the “broken” CPUs are all about), the next-generation chips will come out on April 23 (2012), according to Chinese VR-Zone.

Previously, the most accurate estimate was that the processors would be formally unleashed between April 22 and 28, while mass availability was scheduled for April 29.

We think the newest report means that the products really will start selling on that day, but you never know.

It should be mentioned that the list of upcoming models doesn't include the Core i5-3550S or the low-power i5-3570T and i7-3770T.

On the bright side, the prices of $182-$320 (139-245 Euro) seem to be $2-$12 lower than initially thought (1.52-9 Euro).

SOURCE:Intel Ivy Bridge CPUs Out on April 23, 2012 - Softpedia
Old 06-04-12   #157
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

MSI Announces All New Intel 7 Series Mainboards | techPowerUp
Old 08-04-12   #158
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Time has come to show

ronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Greatronnie_gogs is simply Great

Some Z77 Unboxings
ASUS Sabertooth

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H

ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe

ASUS P8Z77-V

MSI Z77A-GD65 Z77

Old 09-04-12   #159
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

uniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirableuniquegamer is highly Admirable

But some of other websites like wikipedia claim that the ivy bridge is coming on 29th of april.
Old 09-04-12   #160
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

And Finally, Some Details on the Ivy Bridge Chipset - Softpedia

Intel Ivy Bridge CPU Range Complete by Next Year - Softpedia

ASUS Releases Maximus V GENE ROG Motherboard - Softpedia
Old 10-04-12   #161
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

CLEVO Ivy bridge Line UP (Pricy 15'' & 17'')
An eager retailer has jumped the gun and listed several high-end Clevo notebooks based on Intel’s upcoming Ivy Bridge processors.

The new Clevo P series includes 15.6-inch models with 1080p displays, as well as 17.3-inchers in 1920x1200. However, the really important bits are under the bonnet. All P-series rigs feature quad-core Ivy Bridge processors, coupled with Nvidia GTX 670M or GTX 675M graphics.

Of course, all this goodness does not come cheap and the flagship P170EM IV comes in at €3,299. It boasts a Core i7-3920XM processor, 32GB of DDR3 memory, courtesy of Corsair, with two 256GB Samsung SSDs and GTX 675M graphics with 2MB of memory.

The 15.6-inch P150EM IV is somewhat cheaper, €2899 to be exact, and it features a hybrid storage configuration, with a 256GB SSD and 750GB hard drive. Like its big brother, it also features a Core i7-3920XM processor, 32GB of DDR3 memory and GTX 675M graphics.
Clevo Ivy Bridge lineup leaked
Old 10-04-12   #162
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

Third Long PCIe Slot On High-End Z77 Boards Wired to CPU, Works Only with Ivy Bridge

It turns out that the "third" long (physical x16, electrical x4) PCI-Express slot on most higher-end Z77 chipset-based motherboards, across vendors, are wired to the CPU, and not the Z77 PCH, as the media assumed. Early buyers of these motherboards were greeted by an informative sticker stuck to the third slot, which tells them that to use the third slot, a 3rd Generation Core "Ivy Bridge" processor must be installed, although the motherboard very much supports 2nd Generation Core "Sandy Bridge" processors.

This can be explained by taking a close look at the block diagram of Intel Z77 Express system. Z77, in combination with "Ivy Bridge" processors, allows the CPU root complex to drive three devices. Its single PCI-Express x16 link can be arranged in three ways: x16/NC/NC; x8/x8/NC; and x8/x4/x4. As you can see, the third long slot is taken into the configuration. Intel figured out that since PCI-Express 3.0 x4 offers bandwidth comparable to PCI-Express 1.0 x16 to gen 3-compliant graphics cards, it's wise if the third electrical x4 slot is also wired to the CPU's PCIe root complex. This renders most high-end LGA1155 motherboards with such CPU-driven third x16 (x4) slots 3-way SLI/CrossFireX-capable.
source:techPowerUp! - The latest in hardware and gaming
Old 12-04-12   #163
teh zeuS!
I'M bACK

Intel to Bring Ivy Bridge Launch Forward to April 23

With eager OEMs such as ASUSTek, HP, Acer, and Lenovo breathing down its neck, Intel is reportedly pulling forward the official launch date of its 3rd Generation Core processor family based on 22 nm "Ivy Bridge" silicon, to the 23rd of April, from its older date of 29th April. 23rd April will be the day Intel announces all its processor models originally slated for the 29th.

Notebook OEMs are expected to launch their products based on these chips at the earliest, by May. The date of market-availability of these chips in the retail channel, however, remains unclear. One possibility is that Intel will announce and make these chips available on the same day (23rd), while another possibility is that it announces these chips on the 23rd, allows the media to digest them (by posting reviews), and open them up for sale on the 29th. Two models every PC enthusiast and their cat are looking out for, are the Core i7-3770K and Core i5-3570K.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

ntel Core i3 Ivy Bridge CPUs Detailed, Will Sell Starting Q3
As we draw near to the official launch of Intel's first 22nm Ivy Bridge central processing units, the web is starting to look into those CPUs that won't actually appear then.

This time, VR-Zone has provided info on the Core i3 chips that will be utilized in desktop computers later in the year.

And by later in the year we mean the third quarter of 2012, or the July-September three-month period.

Five models have been mentioned so far, called Core i3-3220T, Core i3-3220, Core i3-3225, Core i3-3240T and Core i3-3240.

That is essentially the bottom-up order, which means that the Core i3-3220T is the lowest-end and the Core i3-3240 the strongest.

The clock speeds aren't the only traits that earn them those spots though. After all, the clock speeds are of 2.8 GHz, 3.3 GHz, 3.3 GHz, 3 GHz and 3.4 GHz, not an exact decreasing trend.

Some may have assumed that the T models have something to do with this and, lo and behold, they are right.

The normal chips are the regular, desktop processors, while the T Core i3 CPUs are intended for all-in-one systems and have a lower power draw.

Thus, the Core i3-3240, Core i3-3225 and Core i3-3220 have a TDP (thermal design power) of 55W, while the Core i3-3240T and Core i3-3220T only need 35W.

Moving on, all CPUs will sport AES hardware-accelerated encryption, 3 MB shared L3 cache, two cores and hyper threading.

As for graphics, only the Core i3-3225 has the Intel GMA HD 4000, while the rest make do with GMA HD 2500. Too bad, really. We have only just seen how good the former is going to be.

The report did not have any pricing information, but the tags shouldn't be too different from those of the Sandy Bridge that will be replaced.

SOURCE:Intel Core i3 Ivy Bridge CPUs Detailed, Will Sell Starting Q3 - Softpedia

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Intel HD 4000 Graphics on Three Screens, CPU Load at Just 28%

Intel said quite a while ago that the graphics of its upcoming central processing units would be quite a bit better than the one in Sandy Bridge and, sure enough, here is the proof.

In case people don't know yet, Intel is holding this year's edition of the Intel Developer Forum (IDF 2012) in Beijing as we speak.

That means that it is demonstrating some of the features possessed by the 22nm Ivy Bridge series of central processing units.

One could say that, as far as processor performance goes, Sandy Bridge is already good enough for most people.

In other words, although Ivy Bridge will have a definite advantage in this area, the graphics side of the equation is more important.

This essentially means that Intel's HD Graphics 4000 integrated graphics processor has to be clearly a level or two above GMA HD 3000.

According to Netbook News, the Santa Clara, California-based company is going to deliver on its promises.

And by this, we mean more than the benchmark score gains, although, true enough, they are more than relevant.

After all, 56% better performance in ArcSoft Media Expresso and a 192% higher score in 3DMark Vantage Performance Preset is nothing to scoff at.

Speaking of which, the 3DMark Vantage Performance Preset GPU benchmark will show a 199% improvement, miles ahead of the CPU benchmark gain of 17%.

Finally, adding to the PCI Express 3.0 support, OpenCL 1.1, enhanced AVX acceleration and DirectX 11, the HD 4000 graphics was shown running a game, playing an HD film and encoding a video, all at the same time, each on one of three different screens. Through it all, the CPU load was of only 28%.

The Ivy Bridge series of central processing units will supposedly be launched on April 23. The laptop parts, including the one used for the test in the video below, won't be up right away though.
SOURCE:Intel HD 4000 Graphics on Three Screens, CPU Load at Just 28% - Softpedia

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Intel HD 4000 Graphics on Three Screens, CPU Load at Just 28%

Intel said quite a while ago that the graphics of its upcoming central processing units would be quite a bit better than the one in Sandy Bridge and, sure enough, here is the proof.

In case people don't know yet, Intel is holding this year's edition of the Intel Developer Forum (IDF 2012) in Beijing as we speak.

That means that it is demonstrating some of the features possessed by the 22nm Ivy Bridge series of central processing units.

One could say that, as far as processor performance goes, Sandy Bridge is already good enough for most people.

In other words, although Ivy Bridge will have a definite advantage in this area, the graphics side of the equation is more important.

This essentially means that Intel's HD Graphics 4000 integrated graphics processor has to be clearly a level or two above GMA HD 3000.

According to Netbook News, the Santa Clara, California-based company is going to deliver on its promises.

And by this, we mean more than the benchmark score gains, although, true enough, they are more than relevant.

After all, 56% better performance in ArcSoft Media Expresso and a 192% higher score in 3DMark Vantage Performance Preset is nothing to scoff at.

Speaking of which, the 3DMark Vantage Performance Preset GPU benchmark will show a 199% improvement, miles ahead of the CPU benchmark gain of 17%.

Finally, adding to the PCI Express 3.0 support, OpenCL 1.1, enhanced AVX acceleration and DirectX 11, the HD 4000 graphics was shown running a game, playing an HD film and encoding a video, all at the same time, each on one of three different screens. Through it all, the CPU load was of only 28%.

The Ivy Bridge series of central processing units will supposedly be launched on April 23. The laptop parts, including the one used for the test in the video below, won't be up right away though.
SOURCE:Intel HD 4000 Graphics on Three Screens, CPU Load at Just 28% - Softpedia
Old 13-04-12   #164
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Steamroller?

Intel should include hd4000 in the cheap $80 i3s because budget people buying these need a capable integrated gpu for Hd playback and casual gaming. The premium processor buyer doesn't need such thing instead they need it to be a good overclocking cpu and unlocked cpu at good price.
Old 15-04-12   #165
teh spamm[E]R!
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

Ivy Bridge gets 95W TDP, worse overclocker than Sandy Bridge - www.nordichardware.com

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply