Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Feedback and Test Drive
Register Forgot Password?

Old 01-08-19   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

It's PITA for Fairly new Users to Post a Sale Thread

I joined this forum on April 2019. I commented on a few threads and I even bought a GPU here, and I have 1 positive bazaar feedback.

On the 20th of July, I wanted to post a sale thread. Filled in everything, added pics and finally submitted it. After submitting, I got a message saying your post will be visible after moderators manually approve it. So, I waited. It actually took 6 days for my thread to get approved and it was in the 7th page of the "Classifieds for sale" forum. So I thought at least we got our thread approved, let's bump it. I made a quick reply to that thread "bump". Guess what? that quick reply also sent to the moderator for review and it's been 5 days, that bump still didn't appear.

I understand the constraints enforced on new users to post a sale thread but my profile is more than 3 months old. Why is it hard to post a thread here.

Last edited by ghemanth90; 01-08-19 at 02:53 PM. Reason: typo
ghemanth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19   #2
teh nuB!

rk17 is Mysterious
Re: It's PITA for Fairly new Users to Post a Sale Thread

I also ran into same trouble and find out that one should not edit/change the default template STRUCTURE while creating a new sale thread. Just remove the default/junk values and fill your valid data and upload the images and try creating the thread.
No new lines, no additional bullets, numberings, formattings etc. After the thread gets created you can do the editing and modifications you want. This trick working for me so far.

rk17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19   #3
teh nuB!

ghemanth90 is Mysterious

Originally Posted by rk17 View Post
I also ran into same trouble and find out that one should not edit/change the default template STRUCTURE while creating a new sale thread. Just remove the default/junk values and fill your valid data and upload the images and try creating the thread.
No new lines, no additional bullets, numberings, formattings etc. After the thread gets created you can do the editing and modifications you want. This trick working for me so far.

I didn't mess up with the default format. My main issue is - the 'quick reply bump' goes for moderation and it's been waiting for moderation for over 5 days. I seriousy don't understand why quick reply goes to moderation.
Old 08-08-19   #4
teh nuB!

ghemanth90 is Mysterious

Thought I was among very few who who had this issue. But I could see every moderator's profile page bombarded with people requesting them to approve their threads. Why hasn't any mod tried to resolve this issue?
Old 09-08-19   #5
Lord Voldemort
Community Moderator
THE TERROR!!!

Rig Gallery

Marun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly FamedMarun is highly Famed

Try now... if not working, will be taken care of.

Ups - apc bx600c-in 600va/360w ups
Old 09-08-19   #6
CoMod
Community Moderator
Sellers beware of the invasion

invader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Greatinvader is simply Great

Originally Posted by ghemanth90 View Post
Thought I was among very few who who had this issue. But I could see every moderator's profile page bombarded with people requesting them to approve their threads. Why hasn't any mod tried to resolve this issue?
this is not an issue but a rule that new users threads wont go directly to classifieds as we see a lot of scams going around , also once you bump the thread it is taken as an edit and goes to moderation once again.

Edit : this has been explained again and again to everyone to wait after you submit a sale thread , it doesn't disappears but goes to moderation , it would have been fairly easy for us to approve your threads if you dont keep on reposting the same thing numerous times which does nothing but just piles up duplicate threads , makes our job tougher + delays your thread to be approved.
Marun likes this.
invader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19   #7
teh nuB!

ghemanth90 is Mysterious

Originally Posted by invader View Post
this is not an issue but a rule that new users threads wont go directly to classifieds as we see a lot of scams going around , also once you bump the thread it is taken as an edit and goes to moderation once again.

Edit : this has been explained again and again to everyone to wait after you submit a sale thread , it doesn't disappears but goes to moderation , it would have been fairly easy for us to approve your threads if you dont keep on reposting the same thing numerous times which does nothing but just piles up duplicate threads , makes our job tougher + delays your thread to be approved.

I understand. Thanks for the info.
Old 19-08-19   #8
teh nuB!
Discofox in town

Nitendra is Mysterious

I closed my previous thread for Sennheiser earphones for the same reason, even a bump post needs mods approval.
It's happening with me too.
My recent thread I posted 2 days back is also held for mods approval, Don't know how much time it will take to approve my sale thread, I followed all the guidelines.
Sometimes my thread gets listed instantly & sometimes it needs approval. it's like trying luck for me.
I don't know if I consider myself a newbie or a old member here, I joined on Jan 2018 & successfully completed 5-7 deals.
Nitendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply