Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Gaming Zone > x Gaming
Register Forgot Password?

Old 17-12-12   #1
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
getting into competitive CS
1.6 once more

Issue in Far Cry 3 !!!!

Hi,

Just started playing FC3. Its a uber awesome game. But the irritating fact is that after every 4-5 seconds (sometimes longer) the game hangs for 2-3 seconds (sometimes longer) then everything goes normal again. It is quite quite annoying, are there any driver issues or game setting issues? I do not want to ruin this game experience for this king of weird issue. Please help me out.

I have 6970 and i5 2500k with 8 gb ram, so hardware is not an issue. I am using 12.8 display drivers from Ati.

Please let me know what to do.

TIA.
i5 2500k @stock, AOC 120DT from SVGTECH, MSI Z68A GD80, GTX 670 amp, Samsung 840 pro 256 GB, OCZ Agility 3 60 GB, G Skill Ripjaws 2 * 4 GB, 1 TB WD Green, 2 TB Seagate Free Agent Go Flex, Razer Lycosa, Razer Deathadder, Razer Goliathus Alpha speed, NZXT Phantom, Corsair HX 620 watt, Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro, Maverick D1 Audio Dac/Amp
BULLZI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-12   #2
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely Distinguished
Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished
Re: Issue in Far Cry 3 !!!!

Lol. You have a 6950and an i5 2500k yet you are having gamelag issues! Let me first clarify that this doesn't happen on my somewhat underpowered (compared to yours) rig with Athlon II X3 440 (oced and unlocked) and 5770 with 4 gigs of 1333 ram on Win 7 x64 running on Ultra settings with 2xAA @ 1680x1050 on Catalyst 12.10.

You haven't mentioned your power supply, the resolution you are playing at and the video settings and the hard disk where you have installed the game. Hope you are not using a green hdd

First try disabling the pagefile and see if it makes a difference. Then try after getting the latest catalyst drivers for your system and patching FC3 with the 1.03 update (i finished the game on 1.02)

Then check the hardware.
Maybe the psu is not giving enough juice or the partition you have installed the game is very fragmented/in use or some overheating issue.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear x-rays, and I wanna, I wanna smell dark matter!
Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly, because I have to, I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting, spoken language. But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me!
I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, but I'm trapped in this absurd body!
And why?! Because my...creators thought that "God" wanted it that way.

Last edited by Free Radical; 17-12-12 at 07:54 AM.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-12   #3
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
1.6 once more

BULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly Famed

^

I have 6970 not 6950

I am playing on everything high settings and post fx medium @1920*1080 resolution. I have played black ops II and MOH Warfighter, no issues at all.

The games are not installed in green or blue, its a Vertex 4 128 gb ssd with OS running on Agility 3 60 gb ssd. I know I should reinstall OS in 128 gb one to get better performance, will do that shortly.

I read that there is some issue with GPU bufferring and V sync in this game. Hence, asking this question.

My psu is Corsair 620 watt. It is enough I am pretty sure.
Old 17-12-12   #4
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Free Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely DistinguishedFree Radical is extemely Distinguished

My vsync buffer was set to 1 frame and my monitor is at 76Hz. Funny that you have this issue on your uber rig while I don't (don't even have an ssd in my rig lol)
Your hardware shouldn't be the problem, unless something is overheating or unstable, hence I remarked to check it last. Try updating the game and your drivers.

Last edited by Free Radical; 17-12-12 at 08:12 AM.
Old 17-12-12   #5
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
1.6 once more

BULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly FamedBULLZI is highly Famed

^

Yah thats disheartening, the other games are not giving any issue, only this game. I already tried latest gfx driver 12.10 but there also same issue. One of my friends told to downgrade to 12.8 to resolve the issue but still same thing happening and its making me mad. I am with 1.02 patch. Will try with 1.03.

If I play on DX 9 will it solve the issue? I just dunno what to do, love this game very very much

My monitor is at 60 Htz, thought there is option for 75 Htz. Should I change refresh rate?
Old 17-12-12   #6
Most Valued [E]onian
Most Valued [E]onian
-

Rig Gallery

Some people have remarked that FC3 works better on Win 8 than on Win 7. Dunno why.
But I bet downgrading to dx9 wouldn't have any advantage. It'll spoil all the scenic beauty of the game.

Why should refresh rate have any effect when your system is already more than capable of playing the game?
Perhaps a botched up install. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game?
Old 17-12-12   #7
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
1.6 once more

Ok will try reinstallation. Thanks FR for your continuous help.

Old 17-12-12   #8
teh geeK!
[E]onian
DotA 2 FoReVeR!!!!!!!!!!!

Th3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly AdmirableTh3 KiNg is highly Admirable

Btw does any sound looping happens when the game hangs? This thing happened with me, had to update the sound drivers. Also no overheating I guess?

Shiny new Connection

Core2Duo E7200 @ Stock, ABIT IP35-E, GeCube ATI HD 4850 (DEAD),
2GB Transcend 800Mhz DDR2 RAM, 80GB Seagate SATA, Seagate 500 GB 7200.12,
Corsair VX450W

Dell Studio 1558: Core i5 460M, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Seagate 7200rpm, ATI Mobility HD5470.
Th3 KiNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-12   #9
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
1.6 once more

No overheating, my game sometimes minimizes when pressed ctrl button and then after maximizing, mouse stops working. But this sudden hangs after each 5-6 seconds is ruining the fun.

Post New Thread  Reply