Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > RMA and Warranty Servicing Experiences
Register Forgot Password?

Old 29-05-13   #1
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Life no so Jingalala! lol!

IPhone Warranty

Hey guys, i Have a iPhone 4s 16gb which i purchased in 1st week june 2012. There was some issue with it and the service center gave me a replacement today. I asked him what is the remaining warranty, he told the original remaining on your device. So I checked it online it is showing: One more year remaining from todays date! It's actually good, but I want to sure. Is it the same for you guys? I bought the phone from India itself.
Also, I wanted to buy applecare and wanted to be sure I do buy it in time as a week is left only for ORIGINAL device warranty to expire. Also, the telephone support is showing till end of August 2013 so has the full warranty been reinstated?

Thanks!
Pernicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-13   #2
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Pernicious is very Notable
Re: IPhone Warranty

bump
Old 31-05-13   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

I think this policy is nice, although I have not heard of this before, hope all companies start following it.

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-13   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian

I think its too good to be true I called apple support they said it takes 2 days for warranty to be clubbed with your old phone! :/
Old 31-05-13   #5
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

^^ Ohhh !! a system lag in their working haan.. !!

LOLz..
Pernicious likes this.
Old 31-05-13   #6
teh geeK!
[E]onian

hey guys, i think I have a a display issue in this iPhone! There are two small bright white spots on the top of the screen which are noticeable in white background or light backgrounds especially while browsing. I have added a video check it out. its on the left portion of the screen as per the video. What do you think should I take to the service center again?? :/ I got it on Wednesday, its a distance from my home, got a screen guard and everything! and now this :/ what a mess.

Edit: Can't uplaod the video somehow. Check this image for now:

Old 01-06-13   #7
teh geeK!
[E]onian

bump
Old 01-06-13   #8
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Yes the screen does show white discolorification at two spots.
The service center is the only option.
Old 01-06-13   #9
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr ♦ View Post
Yes the screen does show white discolorification at two spots. The service center is the only option. Like this post
Is it worth the hassle? I don't mind it as long as it never spreads. but a defective device anything ca be defective so i think its better to be sure and get it done with right? What say?
Old 01-06-13   #10
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

^^ The device of any company specialy such as a apple product that is costly needs to be availed of by official warranty only..
I think the problem here is small but it might develop into a bigger problem, so it is worth the hassle.. !!
Pernicious likes this.
Old 01-06-13   #11
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by ManISinJpr ♦ View Post
^^ The device of any company specialy such as a apple product that is costly needs to be availed of by official warranty only..
you missed some words..not very clear. or i didnt understnad..
ya to avoid a future larger issue safer to get it dealt with NOW!
Old 02-06-13   #12
teh geeK!
[E]onian

I went to the Apple care today @ManISinJpr
They showed me many more iphones all with similar issues :/ some less some a bit more..wtf is wrong with apple.. what a pity..the only company i thought makes "perfect" devices in terms of BUILD quality...its a pity to see that go away..or maybe since these replacements are REFURBished..i think they suffer this issue.
Old 03-06-13   #13
Jason Bourne
Community Coordinator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Replacements are refurbished !! that is the cause, but what about other customers and the store staff suggestion.
I mean what did they say, will then get a trouble free piece for you?
Originally Posted by Pernicious View Post
I went to the Apple care today @ManISinJpr
They showed me many more iphones all with similar issues :/ some less some a bit more..wtf is wrong with apple.. what a pity..the only company i thought makes "perfect" devices in terms of BUILD quality...its a pity to see that go away..or maybe since these replacements are REFURBished..i think they suffer this issue.
Old 03-06-13   #14
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Generally, if your original warranty has run out, they give you 90 days additional warranty after the replacement.

Getting an entire year extra is weird and lucky I guess.

I've never seen the white spot issue, but yeah, it wouldn't be worth the hassle.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13   #15
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

rdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputablerdst_1 is highly Reputable

Those White spots are on the edges right. If yes, then looks like backlight bleeding which is common with the IPS technology. If it is backlight bleeding it won't spread and if doesn't bother you, you can decide to stick with this piece.

4 Beta
rdst_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply