Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Lounge > Interesting News on the Web
Register Forgot Password?

Old 02-03-09   #1
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery
iPhone Turn-By-Turn GPS Navigation Has Arrived!

iPhone Turn-By-Turn GPS Navigation Has Arrived!

xGPS version 1.2 was today released to jailbroken iPhones and iPod Touches- finally bringing turn-by-turn voice navigation functionality to Apple’s GPS enabled mobile platform. Navigation is based on top notch Google Maps data and the software has some pretty slick features like Night Mode and maps downloading for offline use, giving it a paid-app caliber polish.

It seems like developers are giving us an increasing number of compelling reasons to hack our iPhones, as more and more great apps are being rejected from the App Store and are becoming available in Cydia. My reason was for tethering- the ability to use my iPhone as a wireless laptop modem. And I suspect voice nav with xGPS will soon be the deciding reason for many others.
Jailbreaking technically voids your device’s warranty. However, you might take comfort in knowing that you can always perform an iTunes Restore to erase all traces of the jailbreak hack.

Source: iPhone Turn-By-Turn GPS Navigation Has Arrived! - PC World

vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09   #2
teh zeuS!
[E]onian
Alls well that ends in hell

montylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirablemontylee is highly Admirable
Re: iPhone Turn-By-Turn GPS Navigation Has Arrived!

sounds pretty cool...i hope i get an iPhone soon.

montylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09   #3
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely Noble
ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

Ha Ha ha !!! At last hey are getting what other smart phones ( read WinMo phones ) have had since time immemorial
I never cease to be amazed by this company and its buyers.....
GOD helps those who denounce Satan and wish or Hope to go on the right and true path...........

ManISinJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
is demotivated to do
absolutely anything!

BLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly FamedBLuEBLOODED is highly Famed

http://speedtest.10fastfingers.com/b...m_score_CK.png
Visit the Typing Test and try!

BLuEBLOODED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09   #5
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

ManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely NobleManISinJpr is extremely Noble

A Beta is a Beta is a Beta. Ask anybody. WIndows 7 is in beta and will not be called a final product until its released in retail...

A simple thing like this should not even be talked about.....
also check out the reviews of the gps on your famous Iphone and then try to evaluate it..
Even if we like something we shouldn't be so blind so as to accept everything about it is BEST, to me that's IDOL worship...
I have many times said so myself that windows has a LOT of problems. so that doesn't make me a dis believer ? right?

Accept karna Seekho my friend....you are a nice intelligent person who just to defend something he likes or uses is going out of the way praising every aspect of it with malice towards the rest of the people.
you can't seem to accept that there will be multiple choices and people will choose whatever they want and they have a right to do so.
try to find out how many people are tweaking the apple mac os you are so fond of.
The category of people you are refering to doesn't even know what to do if its not explicitally mentioned on the screen icon of the OS, leave alone tweaking and customizations. the product works out of the box and that's what they want.

A set peice of hardware and a set number of softwares...that is more than enough for them.
Old 03-03-09   #6
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

I fail to understand your counter offensive.
I was not trying to get youaway from your best phone ( if you know how to use it)
You didn't read my post
therefore my giving more points will be useless. I am not a fan of WinMo and I am not saying that.
I just said that the Iphone is not the best phone as die hard fanbois say and you have said so yourself.
At last count Map my India had detailed city maps of more than 220 cities and all of India's Highways you have to see it to believe it.. and they make a version for the Nokia too.
So very conveniently you scuttle the original software of Nokia under the rug and start praising the IPhone again.
If customization is your forte then my friend just check out how many softwares are available for Nokia too.
Old 03-03-09   #7
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

You haven't even seen Map my India and you say that google covers more than it.....How very ill informed...
Nokia comes into the picture coz of this

Map my India has features which are non existent in any other software.
Turn by Turn navigation and what now even the Plot numbers.
Google hasn't even named the main road I live in my city let alone provide directions for it...
Check you card deck before you play, this is not teen patti or poker as you would call it.

Last edited by Ad1tya; 03-03-09 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Edited out quote as posts have been deleted.
Old 03-03-09   #8
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Hmm

buBleZ is highly AdmirablebuBleZ is highly AdmirablebuBleZ is highly AdmirablebuBleZ is highly AdmirablebuBleZ is highly AdmirablebuBleZ is highly Admirable

hmm why has thhe turn by turn nav is coming so late to iphone? or was there someother app that did a similar thing previously?

Intel OEM QX9650 - 4.1Ghz(410x10) @ 1.32Vcore
TRUE 120, 75C loaded
Gskill 2x2GB - 1093Mhz 5 5 4 15 @ 2.1V
ATI HD3870x2 - 875/999
Asus Rampage Formula X48
Creative X-fi Titanium
3TB HDD space
Samsung SH-203D SATA DVD drive
Thermal take Xaser VI
Tagan BZ-700 PSU
Dell 2408WFP US 24"
Logitech G15 KB
Razer Lachesis 4000dpi mouse
Sennheiser PC161
Logitech Z-5500 speakers
buBleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09   #9
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

^^ Directions were there since Google Map's in the Original iPhone.
But there were no Voice Commands, so you couldn't use the iPhone as a Navigator in a car, without a 2nd person.

xGPS just adds voice commands etc, so you can pretty much mount your iPhone on the dash like a normal GPS Navigator.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09   #10
Jason Bourne
Community Moderator
Mushtakhanda !!!

Get the new version, and remember when you said about me on thread where Stoney and you were going with all guns firing at me
In any case I have repeated what youjust said in that thread...
I never insult anybody. period. calling somebody ill informed is not insulting in any way and if that is the case then as I said in the old thread I am Sorry.
But it hurts when somebody calls you that doesn't it? but it doesn't seem insulting when you say that to others
and now I think this should be rested as you have threatened me...
What will you do to defend a peice of technology you are so in love with...

Last edited by Ad1tya; 03-03-09 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Edited out quote as posts have been deleted.
Old 03-03-09   #11
Pat
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
RIP SJ!

Pat is highly ReputablePat is highly ReputablePat is highly ReputablePat is highly Reputable

^^ hey man..take a chill pill! Why do you hate iPhone so much ?
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09   #12
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian

Scorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly AdmirableScorpion is highly Admirable

Dont even care to start a convo with him man .... let him be ...
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09   #13
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Hmm

buBleZ is highly AdmirablebuBleZ is highly AdmirablebuBleZ is highly AdmirablebuBleZ is highly AdmirablebuBleZ is highly AdmirablebuBleZ is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
^^ Directions were there since Google Map's in the Original iPhone.
But there were no Voice Commands, so you couldn't use the iPhone as a Navigator in a car, without a 2nd person.

xGPS just adds voice commands etc, so you can pretty much mount your iPhone on the dash like a normal GPS Navigator.
oh k got it.. Does this software requires a license(which requires payment) for voice guidance?
asking coz Nokia provides turn by turn visual nav for free but voice guidance requires a license to be bought.
buBleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply