Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Electronics and Consumer Durables > Mobile Phones
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-08-12   #16
teh priesT!
[E]onian
does this count as annoying?

Re: Iphone 4s Unlock

so i guess gevey sim is the final answer.

are they reliable though because at many times i have read that they work fine for sometime but after that become kaput and you need to buy a new one.

and these sites claiming to get iphone factory unlocked for some fee, are these legitimate?

actually i want something that is for lifetime, i dont want any hassle every now and then. i dont mind spending money if something guarantees lifetime hassle free service.

Last edited by bharat14101991; 09-08-12 at 01:43 AM.
bharat14101991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-12   #17
teh geeK!
[E]onian
I havent set my status yet.

Timon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly AdmirableTimon is highly Admirable

Originally Posted by bharat14101991 View Post
so i guess gevey sim is the final answer.

are they reliable though because at many times i have read that they work fine for sometime but after that become kaput and you need to buy a new one.

and these sites claiming to get iphone factory unlocked for some fee, are these legitimate?

actually i want something that is for lifetimes, i dont want hassle every now and then. i dont mind spending money is something guarantees lifetime hassle free service.
Unlock IPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 - Gevey ULTRA S SIM $34,95
NZXT Gamma| Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H| Amd Phenomâ„¢ II X2 555 3.21Ghz| Amd Phenomâ„¢ II X2 550 3.21Ghz| Sumsung B2030 20'5 Inch| EVGA GTX550Ti 1GB GDDR5| ATI Radeon 4350 1GB GDDR2| 1x2Gb xms2 Corsair Gaming Boost 800MHZ| VX450 Corsair| Altec Lensing VS4121 2.1| PhilipsSHP2500, Blue 800| WD2TB, 2x500GB Caviar Green,WD 320GB| Portable 1TB, 500GB Seagate 2.0,40GB From Hitachi 2.0| CMTX3| APC Back-UPS RS 800VA 230V| Logitech Combo| Samsung 22X SATA DVD Writer, Sony 24X Sata DVD Writer| Corsair H80
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-12   #18
teh priesT!
[E]onian

bharat14101991 is very Honorablebharat14101991 is very Honorable

The GEVEY™ Ultra S does not support SMS and MMS functionality in CDMA iPhones running iOS 5.1.1. Upon reboot, the default SMS and MMS settings will overwrite any manually inputted settings or GEVEY™ pre-programmed settings. There is no solution for this issue in iOS 5.1.1. GEVEY™ Ultra S for CDMA does support SMS and MMS for iOS 5.0 and 5.0.1
source Apple N Berry | GEVEY
Old 10-08-12   #19
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Well, you're screwed then.

GJ buying a Locked phone.
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-12   #20
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

Didn't you clarify all this with the seller before buying it?
Old 10-08-12   #21
teh smartie pantS!
[E]onian
Watch Dogs

metalsnake is very Honorablemetalsnake is very Honorable

Use it as a iPod Touch until the issue is fixed
metalsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-12   #22
teh priesT!
[E]onian

@metalsnake @Ad1tya well i can call from it, i just cant do messaging. isnt it? *crossed fingers*

@vijayninel mavihs stated in his thread that the phone is jailbroken (which it is) and he didn't clarify anything else about messaging or calling. i PMed him about the issue but he is not replying, not appreciable behavior, but i cant blame him, he sold me the exact product he specified. he just didn't specify some things and as i'm a total noob in iphone thingy i didnt know this can happen to me
Old 10-08-12   #23
Unelected
Administrator
Meum pactum dictum

Rig Gallery

vijayninel is extremely Eminent
vijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminentvijayninel is extremely Eminent

mavihs stated in his thread that the phone is jailbroken (which it is) and he didn't clarify anything else about messaging or calling. i PMed him about the issue but he is not replying, not appreciable behavior, but i cant blame him, he sold me the exact product he specified. he just didn't specify some things and as i'm a total noob in iphone thingy i didnt know this can happen to me
Yes, I can understand that this has been a bad experience for you and you must be upset about this. What you have got is a very expensive and dysfunctional device. I really dont want any other member to go through such and experience on our forum and am wondering if we should change our review process for iPhone threads. You seem to be taking this rather well. Some people would have been really agitated about this. If you want we can give you mahvis e-mail or contact him on your behalf.

BTW, we banned sales of Gevey SIM's on Erodov because we found too many fakes and reliability issues with it. (Even those sold by our approved dealers). @krashnburn
vijayninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12   #24
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

desitechi is very Honorabledesitechi is very Honorable
I would suggest to get it factory unlocked by spending 3-4k. The current gevey for iP4s doesn't work with Sprint phones well, networks goes boom and mms/sms issues.

There is a guy I know from other forum who can unlock Sprint phones for a sweet margin for himself. I haven't deal with him, but he did unlocked few phones for other members.

Rather than investing in gevey, invest one time in this.

I too was about to deal for this same iP4s, the seller was ready to exchange with my GalS2 as I have two S2's, still one lying but dunno why my instinct said no and I sold it. I even asked Ad1tya about gevey through PM when I was planning to buy.

The reason I am sharing is I have done enough research on this, and wouldn't suggest to use gevey with a Sprint phone.
desitechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-12   #25
teh priesT!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by vijayninel View Post
Yes, I can understand that this has been a bad experience for you and you must be upset about this. What you have got is a very expensive and dysfunctional device. I really dont want any other member to go through such and experience on our forum and am wondering if we should change our review process for iPhone threads. You seem to be taking this rather well. Some people would have been really agitated about this. If you want we can give you mahvis e-mail or contact him on your behalf.

BTW, we banned sales of Gevey SIM's on Erodov because we found too many fakes and reliability issues with it. (Even those sold by our approved dealers). @krashnburn
tthanx alot for the concern sir, but i dont think forcing him for anything will give any solution, if he wants to help me he will reply on his own. i know he is a well known member here. as your siggy says "Living in water and being an enemy of the crocodile is not good." but yeah you should update the review process and add 'is phone unlockable? either by factory/jailbreak'. i just want to know if he can help me get the phone factory unlocked. lets see what happens.

Originally Posted by desitechi View Post
I would suggest to get it factory unlocked by spending 3-4k. The current gevey for iP4s doesn't work with Sprint phones well, networks goes boom and mms/sms issues.

There is a guy I know from other forum who can unlock Sprint phones for a sweet margin for himself. I haven't deal with him, but he did unlocked few phones for other members.

Rather than investing in gevey, invest one time in this.

I too was about to deal for this same iP4s, the seller was ready to exchange with my GalS2 as I have two S2's, still one lying but dunno why my instinct said no and I sold it. I even asked Ad1tya about gevey through PM when I was planning to buy.

The reason I am sharing is I have done enough research on this, and wouldn't suggest to use gevey with a Sprint phone.
can you give me contact link to the guy? also some link of the members who got their phone unlocked?
Old 11-08-12   #26
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

tthanx alot for the concern sir, but i dont think forcing him for anything will give any solution, if he wants to help me he will reply on his own. i know he is a well known member here. as your siggy says "Living in water and being an enemy of the crocodile is not good." but yeah you should update the review process and add 'is phone unlockable? either by factory/jailbreak'. i just want to know if he can help me get the phone factory unlocked. lets see what happens.

can you give me contact link to the guy? also some link of the members who got their phone unlocked?
That guy is member here too, I cant really find it through search, but I have seen his posts in market section. Anyway, check DM for his thread and the member name who unlocked his Sprint iPhone. Remember, I can only recommend to help you, hvnt deal with him so cant guarantee if he is genuine.

You can also get it unlocked from ebay sellers like this one:
FACTORY UNLOCK SERVICE FOR IPHONE 4S LOCKED TO SPRINT USA | eBay

one of my fri did it from an ebay seller and he paid 2800rs. will try to ask him about the seller link, coz it was cheap and can be trusted.
Old 15-08-12   #27
teh priesT!
[E]onian

@desitechi dude the guy you are takling about, stopped doing this work. do you know anyone else?

can anyone temme if they know anyone who gets factory unlock done?
Old 15-08-12   #28
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

@desitechi dude the guy you are takling about, stopped doing this work. do you know anyone else?

can anyone temme if they know anyone who gets factory unlock done?
Oh..bad luck. the guy who unlocked my friends phone from eBay is not listed. May be he also stopped doing it. Try searching on Ebay?
Old 15-08-12   #29
teh priesT!
[E]onian

i searched there but one guy is doing it for ~5500 and another for >9000 :O i cant afford that cant your friend search for his contact number?
Old 15-08-12   #30
teh pretendeR!
[E]onian

i searched there but one guy is doing it for ~5500 and another for >9000 :O i cant afford that cant your friend search for his contact number?
thats too much dude. my fri must have received that in his ebay order mail. I will ask from him and let you know.
Post New Thread  Reply