Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation start navigation end
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > Mobile Phone Buying Advice
Register Forgot Password?

Old 26-02-13   #1
teh nuB!
No Pain No Game

Icon4 Iphone 4 8GB

My friend is offering me a Iphone 4 8g sealed pack for 15 k
I am stuck on one point
1. It may be stolen

Do any guys here know how to check if it is a stolen piece?

I have checked it with sim and all its working fine.
Checked over net for it is unblocked.

Please suggest me I should buy this or not.
Help me ASAP
jinksm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-13   #2
teh geeK!
[E]onian
Life no so Jingalala! lol!

Pernicious is very Notable
Re: Iphone 4 8GB

do you have any problem apart from ethical reasons ofcourse in buying a stolen phone? if not, go ahead buy it. but ask for few days testing warranty as you dont know something might be ****ed up inside. for your info, iphones can be(read: are) "SEALED" in india too.
nishthecooldud likes this.
Pernicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-13   #3
teh nuB!
No Pain No Game

jinksm is quite Disreputable

Hi thanks for the quick reply,
I have checked the phone for 3 days its working flawlessly.
I have checked it over inter net using IMEI
Its working and in under contract for august 2014.
And its unlocked too.
thanks for your help
Old 27-02-13   #4
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by jinksm View Post
under contract?
Old 27-02-13   #5
teh nuB!
No Pain No Game

jinksm is quite Disreputable

Originally Posted by Pernicious View Post
under contract?
its showing over internet under contract but its unlocked now
Old 02-03-13   #6
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

sneakerslut is Mysterious
Icon7 Re: Iphone 4 8GB

IMO getting the iPhone 4 8GB is the best iPhone deal as of now, not the iphone 4s, or definitly not the iPhone 5, of course its light,slim and tall, but its really not worth the price u pay for it in India, iPhone 4 is still in the game, and it is as much iPhone as the new iPhone 5,except for the SIRI, which we actually do not need in India cuz it wont pick up most of the Inglish we speak. getting that sealed iPhone 4 for 15K that is the best deal ive heard till now. u hit the jackpot, i bought my iPhone 4 white 16 gb for 34500 1 year,8 months, and 1 day back. congrats
Pernicious likes this.
sneakerslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13   #7
teh geeK!
[E]onian

I got a 4S at the time it was latest. At this point of time either go for 5 or its straight away 4 as Siri ... no way
But yes you will be missing out on an AMAZING camera on the 4. The 4s/5 camera is killer!
Old 03-03-13   #8
teh nuB!
Busy Wid Exam Preparations :-(

JoHnDrEaPeR is Mysterious

Like all the others mentioned on this thread get the iphone 4 and let me tell you this as well since i was an iphone 4 user who upgraded to iphone 5..apart from the new design,camera and display there is nothing much it has to offer and it's current price in india doesn't justify the features as well..
The latest version of ios 6.1 also runs flawlessly on iphone 4..
You can also get siri on iphone 4..if your phone is on 5.xx version then use a jailbreak and then use siriport...
If you are on 6.1 then use evasion jailbreak..but you will have to wait a while for siriport to support 6.1 else you can still use siri from lesser reliable sources...hope i helped

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

PS3 SLIM 250GB WITH MOVE STARTER PACK(RUNNING KMEAW CFW 3.55 WITH LATEST MULTIMAN)
PHONE
GALAXY NOTE N7000 16GB,IPHONE4 32GB,GALAXY POP S5570 Rooted,Running CYANOGENMOD7 & Overclocked to 787MHZ
DISPLAY
SONY 46EX720 3D LED INTERNET TV,SONY 32CX520 1080P LCD INTERNET TV,SONY 32EX400 LCD TV
MOUSE
CM STORM SPAWN WITH CM STORM CS-S BATTLEPAD H2
JoHnDrEaPeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13   #9
iEvangelist
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

Except that the iPhone 5 has 1GB ram which leaves you a lot of headroom to screw around when Jailbroken.

I upgraded from a 4 to a 5, because of the CPU, RAM and the Screen size. I had always maintained (and still do) that 4" is the perfect size for a screen, ever since the Nexus S had released. Nothing has changed since.

Originally Posted by jinksm View Post
Hi thanks for the quick reply,
I have checked the phone for 3 days its working flawlessly.
I have checked it over inter net using IMEI
And its unlocked too.
thanks for your help
Anyway, If it's sealed, it's most probably not stolen, just somebody who upgraded, kept his old phone and sold this after unlocking.

Where did you check if the phone is under contract?
Misc : Playstation 3, Xbox 360, iPhone 5, Nexus 4, iPad (3rd gen) 32GB.
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13   #10
teh nuB!
Busy Wid Exam Preparations :-(

JoHnDrEaPeR is Mysterious

^^ Your're right about the cpu and ram...but i didn't notice the difference at all..maybe 2-3 seconds faster app loading...i don't game much on ios as well..
If it was an android phone then you would definitely notice the improvement in performance with more ram because of multitasking..but the ios does not offer TRUE multitasking so less ram is not an issue on stock ios...
Plus gaming and watching videos on a regular basis on the tiny iphone displays are a pain in the a$$..I have my mighty beast galaxy note with a 5.3" display for this

This might be just me but at the end of the day it's best to use an android powerhouse for raw performance power,custom roms,etc..Iphones are more like a status symbol..That's why i have both to get the best of both worlds..
It's like comparing a Mercedes S class to a Nissan GTR..
Former for a chauffeured saloon with maximum comfort for the passenger and latter for raw speed and performance

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
JoHnDrEaPeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13   #11
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Ad1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply GreatAd1tya is simply Great

It's weird that people still consider iPhone's as status symbols. Considering that almost everyone has one or has had one.

The 512 to 1GB does make a difference actually, like I said mostly for Jailbreak stuff, because Jailbreak tweaks require some service or the other to always be running.
The CPU makes a massive difference while multitasking. It actually feels like true multitasking because the resume time is non-existent.

Also, I don't agree with your analogy. If I was to compare cars to iPhones an Androids, I'd say that the iPhone 5 is a Mercedes S63 AMG (powerful and refined), while an Android phone (even the Nexus 4 or Note 2) is more of a Shelby Mustang which has raw power but absolutely no handling capabilities (read: lag, stuttering, app quality and build quality is lower than expected, even though it has a monster CPU under the hood.)
Snorlax likes this.
Old 04-03-13   #12
teh geeK!
[E]onian

Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
It's weird that people still consider iPhone's as status symbols. Considering that almost everyone has one or has had one.
So true!
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
The 512 to 1GB does make a difference actually, like I said mostly for Jailbreak stuff, because Jailbreak tweaks require some service or the other to always be running.
what tweaks are you talking about here? Can you please be specific?
Old 05-03-13   #13
iEvangelist
GET PEBBLE.

Rig Gallery

Nothing specific, but when it comes to skinning apps, icons, themes in general are much heavier than Apple's own assets.

Plus, running extra things like BTNotificationEnabler, SBSettings, Auxo, etc. always uses more RAM as compared to without them.
Post New Thread  Reply