Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Buying Help > Gadgets & Consumer Electronics Buying Advice
Register Forgot Password?

Old 08-06-17   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Inverter Help

Hello Friends,

I'm completely new to this Interver world. Previously was on apartment generator backup and now moved to an independant house. Can somehow please help with the best inverter and batteries.

I need 2 fans, 2 tubelights, 1 55inch tv and may be like 2 bulbs in washrooms.

Can someone please guide me by providing some online links for the purchase as well please.
Keerthirahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17   #2
teh nuB!
[E]onian
Ashes, The Rain and I.

Submerged is very HonorableSubmerged is very Honorable
Re: Inverter Help

First, read this - https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-di...S-and-Inverter

And if you intend to use your PC on an inverter, then check this post out - Computer Rebooting Problem in Microtek Inverters ?

Now the inverter type you should get is of the pure sine wave variety. Read this for more info - How Sine wave is better than Square wave and Modified Sine wave? - Su-Kam Su-Kam
Microtek, Luminous or Sukam all make good inverters.

As for the battery, a tubular battery from Exide or any other decent manufacturer will do. Check these links for more info on the type of batteries -
Tubular Batteries Vs Normal Batteries
Tubular battery vs Lead acid battery

I would suggest purchasing locally. I am not sure how warranty/servicing would work if you bought them from an online store but mine was purchased locally and we periodically get calls for servicing and have ever since we made the purchase. Plus you can talk to the shop keeper for a better idea regarding your needs.

Which inverter/battery you should get not only depends on the stuff you want to run but also how long you want to run it. An inverter with a higher KVA value will deliver more watts so you can run more stuff but on the flipside, the battery will be depleted that much faster (of course, only if you run more stuff on it).

If I am not wrong, the equation to calculate wattage from kva is (kva x 0.8 = watts).
So 600 kva x 0.8 = 480 watts.
(Since I have never been great at math, I could be pretty wrong here so might want to confirm this with other sources).

My Microtek's a 600 KVA one and can power 2/3 fans and a couple of lights for a few hours. Even my 32" TV works for a while. Of course if there's any kind of gaming load on my PC, then its done in under half an hour. I am guessing a 900-1100 KVA inverter with an adequate battery should be plenty for your setup.

PS : Goes without saying that you should bypass the points where you'd connect your washing machine, fridge, geyser and other heavy duty appliances when installing the inverter.
amit.mastermind likes this.
Submerged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17   #3
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Keerthirahul is Mysterious
Re: Inverter Help

Thank you so much brother for the detailed info.. Thank you very much
Keerthirahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-17   #4
teh nuB!
[E]onian