Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum.

navigation
  • Home
  • Forums
  • Articles
  • News
  • Gaming
  • Bazaar
  • Community
  • What's New
  • My Erodov
  • Help
navigation
Go Back   Erodov.com Forums | India's Top Technology forum. > Software Zone > Networking and Security
Register Forgot Password?

Old 30-09-10   #1
teh nuB!
I havent set my status yet.

Internet Disconnects/ Drops.....weirdest Issue Ever...

i have three desktop PC's & 1 netbook.....the desktop PC's are connected via a wired connection & the netbook is connected via wireless.i have a belkin g wireless router ( model no- F5D7234-4-H V5).the netbook is a dell inspiron 1210 running windows Xp Sp3 & the PC's are all running windows 7 ultimate.the problem is when i connect to the internet wirelessly on my netbook...the internet connection drops in all the PC's & also the netbook.no site will open..& it shows "URL is not valid & cannot be loaded"...but when i disable the wireless connection on the netbook, the internet connection remains fine in the PC's & i can browse everything.the connection also drops if i connect the netbook using a wired connection.that is, the internet just disconnects the moment i try to connect with the netbook. sometimes, the connection comes back for a few minutes & then goes away again......sometimes only google will open.its like the connection comes & goes but for the most part, it is mostly gone. what should i do to solve this problem?
himadrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-10   #2
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable
Re: Internet Disconnects/ Drops.....weirdest Issue Ever...

Maybe the router's DHCP isn't configured for more than 3 or 4 clients? Try setting a static ip in the netbook for both wired and wireless.. and report the results.
Desktop - Core i5 4670K - 4.2Ghz @ 1.16v | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 | Gigabyte Z87-D3HP | EVGA GTX550 Ti 1GB DDR5 | HD555 | Fiio E7 | Ikari Optical | TVS Gold | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD + Seagate 7200.10 500GB | Seagate Expansion 2TB USB3 | BenQ GW2255HM

Mobile - iPhone 5S Gold 16GB - 7.0.3 Jailbroken with Activator; Nexus 7 - Stock 4.4.2; T-Mo G2 - CM7; Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Headset.
Aumkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-10   #3
teh nuB!

himadrism is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Aumkar View Post
Maybe the router's DHCP isn't configured for more than 3 or 4 clients? Try setting a static ip in the netbook for both wired and wireless.. and report the results.
how do i do that? any detailed explanations?
Old 30-09-10   #4
teh spamm[E]R!
[E]onian
bleh

Aumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly AdmirableAumkar is highly Admirable

How to assign an IP
Aumkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10   #5
teh smartie pantS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Tinkering...

shantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirable

When this problem happens, you lose access to the internet but are you able to access your router from all PCs? e.g. pinging your router or opening the web config page..
Old 01-10-10   #6
teh nuB!

himadrism is Mysterious

Originally Posted by Aumkar View Post
How to assign an IP
Thanx

Originally Posted by shantanugoel View Post
When this problem happens, you lose access to the internet but are you able to access your router from all PCs? e.g. pinging your router or opening the web config page..
i can access the router's settings page & also access all the PC's on the network via LAN (not the netbook as it is not connected via LAN)
Old 03-10-10   #7
teh smartie pantS!
Pr[e]f[e]rr[e]d M[e]mb[e]r
Tinkering...

shantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirableshantanugoel is highly Admirable

It doesn't seem to be an IP problem to me...Probably the firmware is buggy..did you try finding out if there is an updated firmware available for your router on belkin's website?
shantanugoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10   #8
teh nuB!

himadrism is Mysterious

well...i formatted the netbook with windows 7 starter edition & all the problems are gone.....
Post New Thread  Reply